Seeing Climate Change Firsthand

Broken Wall -

Amazing as it may sound, the Langue de Berberie is being wiped away by rising sea levels, at the same time that the city of St Louis also faces a threat from rising river waters & storms.

Basically, the area is being threatened by inundation from both sides at once.

so the big rollers can come in and erode the beach

Would rising sea levels cause more erosion, do you think? You've just answered your own question, haven't you?

Funnily enough, had sea levels not been rising, the breach plan might have worked.

This is an excellent little video description...

Senegal's Former Capital Threatened by Rising Sea Levels | Video | wgrz.com

Last edited:
Broken Wall -

Amazing as it may sound, the Langue de Berberie is being wiped awayby rising sea levels, at the same time that the city of St Louis also faces a threat from rising river waters & storms.

Had sea levels not been rising, the breach plan might have worked.

There is more info on this here:

No, it's not, you ridiculous liar. The bar is being destroyed by wave action pure and simple.
Here is a link that is in French but you can translate it all you wish. Furthermore there was a dam built at Diama, about 50km from the mouth of the river, which has halted the normal sediment train that would rebuild the beaches.

There are so many truly human caused reasons for the destruction (and not one of them has anything to do with climate change, they are using that as a dodge to cover for their gross incompetence) that could be mitigated but instead they lie and idiots like you parrot the lies so nothing is done and the destruction continues...

Morons.....just morons...unbelievably stupid morons...

breche-evolution.png

Brèches dans la Langue de Barbarie: de mal en pis...

Westwall -

Actually, the rising sea levels eroding the dunes were an issue long before the breach was in place...

btw, Can you explain why even your own link references the impact of rising sea levels and climate change?! :cuckoo:

This is from YOUR link....

The coastline of the Great Coast, north of Senegal, is threatened by the encroachment of the sea for decades. Located between sea and river, the city of St. Louis is no exception. Floods, landslides housing, soil salinization, declining banks ... the consequences of marine erosion are numerous and continue to worry people, governments, each in turn, have other concerns in mind, far more important ..

Hilarious...absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:
Westwall -

Actually, the rising sea levels eroding the dunes were an issue long before the breach was in place...

btw, Can you explain why even your own link references the impact of rising sea levels and climate change?! :cuckoo:

This is from YOUR link....

The coastline of the Great Coast, north of Senegal, is threatened by the encroachment of the sea for decades. Located between sea and river, the city of St. Louis is no exception. Floods, landslides housing, soil salinization, declining banks ... the consequences of marine erosion are numerous and continue to worry people, governments, each in turn, have other concerns in mind, far more important ..

Hilarious...absolutely hilarious.

Yes, they are all accurate and they have nothing to do with so called climate change. I agree you are the most hilarious lying sack of horse manure I have seen on this board.

Encroachment happens when the beaches no longer get the sediment they need. There is an old instructional movie called "The Beach, a River of Sand" that describes the issue quite well. It was done in the 1970's and everything they talk about applies to this situation and I suggest you watch it before you make an even greater ass of yourself....

Westwall-

If it has nothing to do with climate change....why does your own link suggest otherwise? Do you even read French?

Did you seriously just post a link to a site you had neither read nor even know the language of?

Let me help you out here...

At the time, people came to the beach sand to build their homes, and now they do not dare, "he says. Having participated in numerous forums on climate change, he says: "A few years ago, an expert has said that if we did nothing, the Langue de Barbarie disappear in 25 years. That day, I had tears in my eyes. "

As I said - this problem was happening many years before the breach was cut.

Last edited:
Westwall-

If it has nothing to do with climate change....why does your own link suggest otherwise?

It doesn't you twit. It says beach erosion....I found the movie for you watch it..... It is a common problem WORLDWIDE where rivers have been dammed up. Miami has had to spend millions to battle the beach erosion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqT1g2riQ30]Beach: A River of Sand - YouTube[/ame]

Westwall -

Beach erosion worsened by rising sea levels. How about you go back and read your own link - and then you can come back and admit what it actually says.

again....tisisfrom YOUR link:

At the time, people came to the beach sand to build their homes, and now they do not dare, "he says. Having participated in numerous forums on climate change, he says: "A few years ago, an expert has said that if we did nothing, the Langue de Barbarie disappear in 25 years. That day, I had tears in my eyes. "

So did the breach (cut in 2003) cause the problem, or was the problem with rising sea levels and worsening beach erosion happening long before that?

Really, man....you have to be able to post better than this. You can't just post stuff you haven't - and couldn't - read and hope it backs your case.

Last edited:
Westwall -

How about you go back and read your own link - and then you can come back and admit what it actually says.

again....

Sea level has increased 42 millimeters maximum in 25 years (using the most favorable estimates by your fraudsters). That is this much space....

|...........42mm................... |

Care to explain how that could be a problem?

Last edited:
Broken Wall -

Sea level has increased 42 millimeters maximum in 25 years

And you wonder why I generally ignore your posts?

The NOAA confirm sea levels rising much faster than that in your own country:

"The mean sea level trend is 9.24 mm/year with a 95% confidence interval of +/- 0.59 mm/year based on monthly mean sea level data from 1947 to 2006 which is equivalent to a change of 3.03 feet in 100 years."

Sea Level Trends

Seriously man...first you post articles that you haven't and couldn't read, and then you make up figures and post them without links.

Back on ignore mode.

Broken Wall -

"The mean sea level trend is 9.24 mm/year with a 95% confidence interval of +/- 0.59 mm/year based on monthly mean sea level data from 1947 to 2006 which is equivalent to a change of 3.03 feet in 100 years."

Sea Level Trends

Seriously man...first you post articles that you haven't and couldn't read, and then you make up figures and post them without links.

Back on ignore mode.

Watch the video and learn something you lying sack of poo. XXXXX What's amusing is the claim that the sea level has been so great in San Diego yet there are excellent photo's of the Ocean Beach area taken over a century ago and when compared with pictures today there is zero change. What's nice about the OB pictures is there are ledges that are plainly visible so there is zero guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken Wall -

Sea Level Trends

Back on ignore mode.

Watch the video and learn something you lying sack of poo. XXXXX What's amusing is the claim that the sea level has been so great in San Diego yet there are excellent photo's of the Ocean Beach area taken over a century ago and when compared with pictures today there is zero change. What's nice about the OB pictures is there are ledges that are plainly visible so there is zero guessing.

You're not still claiming to be a PhD geologist are you? One word for you: tides.

Last edited:
In the early 70s I used to go surfing at Cocoa Beach. I've been there recently and the tide is still in the same place. It might change in the next two or three decades but that's probably due to natural changes.

In the early 70s I used to go surfing at Cocoa Beach. I've been there recently and the tide is still in the same place. It might change in the next two or three decades but that's probably due to natural changes.

Firstly, the idea that you would notice a rise of perhaps 2 inches is a little unlikely.

Secondly, sea levels do not rise because of 'natural changes', other than tides, of course. They rise because something causes them to rise. Right now, we KNOW that Arctic ice is melting, and that 97% of all of the world's glaciers are melting. Hence, it is fairly obvious that sea levels would rise.

This really isn't rocket science, you know. It's just about connecting the dots.

If you check the NOAA site (linked earlier) you can see exactly what kind of sea level rise has occured near Cocoa Beach.

Last edited:

natural warming cycles contribute to higher sea levels

Broken Wall -

Amazing as it may sound, the Langue de Berberie is being wiped awayby rising sea levels, at the same time that the city of St Louis also faces a threat from rising river waters & storms.

No, it's not, you ridiculous liar. The bar is being destroyed by wave action pure and simple.
Here is a link that is in French but you can translate it all you wish. Furthermore there was a dam built at Diama, about 50km from the mouth of the river, which has halted the normal sediment train that would rebuild the beaches.

There are so many truly human caused reasons for the destruction (and not one of them has anything to do with climate change, they are using that as a dodge to cover for their gross incompetence) that could be mitigated but instead they lie and idiots like you parrot the lies so nothing is done and the destruction continues...

breche-evolution.png

sand bars change all the time

sometimes so much they simply disappear

and appear in other places

Jon -

Please read the material posted, and try and focus on the topic.

Yes, sandbars move all the time.

However, in this case we KNOW that this piece of land (which was more of a peninsla than a sandbar) it is being eroded by rising sea levels. We know this. It has been scientifically proven, and this fact is not disputed by anyone.

btw. There is no such thing as a "natural warming cycle". Climate changes because something forces it to change, not because it feels it has been cooling long enough.

Jon -

However, in this case we KNOW that this piece of land (which was more of a peninsla than a sandbar) it is being eroded by rising sea levels. We know this. It has been scientifically proven, and this fact is not disputed by anyone.

btw. There is no such thing as a "natural warming cycle". Climate changes because something forces it to change, not because it feels it has been cooling long enough.

There is no such thing as a "natural warming cycle"

data from the past million years suggests otherwise

Climate changes because something forces it to change

yes it natural

Jon -

No, it is NOT natural, and you can confirm this from basically any scientific source you like.

The climate changes only when something makes it change - be that massive global volcanic acitiity, solar acitivity or, as we see now, human activity. But it does not change of its own accord.

In all seriousness, man, do a bit of reading from any decent, objective source and I'm sure it will statto make sense.

This is just something to get you started...

A common skeptic argument is that climate has changed naturally in the past, long before SUVs and coal-fired power plants, so humans can't be the cause of the current global warming. Peer-reviewed research shows this is not the case.

It's important to know there are a number of different forces acting on the Earth’s climate. When the sun gets brighter, the planet receives more energy and warms. When volcanoes erupt, they emit particles into the atmosphere which reflect sunlight, and the planet cools. When there are more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the planet warms. It's worth remembering that without some greenhouse gas the Earth would be a ball of ice.

What does past climate change tell us about global warming?

Broken Wall -

breche-evolution.png

sand bars change all the time

sometimes so much they simply disappear

and appear in other places

The bar was there for centuries, pounded into shape by wave action and replenished from behind by the river sediment. It was nicely balanced. Man screwed up the balance by damming the river and cutting the canal across it.

Jon -

No, it's being eroded because a dam has halted the sediment replenishment that sand bars must have to maintain themselves, plus the canal that was cut across it by brainless fools.

Forum List

Back