Seeing Climate Change Firsthand

Jon -

No, it is NOT natural, and you can confirm this from basically any scientific source you like.

The climate changes only when something makes it change - be that massive global volcanic acitiity, solar acitivity or, as we see now, human activity. But it does not change of its own accord.

In all seriousness, man, do a bit of reading from any decent, objective source and I'm sure it will statto make sense.

This is just something to get you started...

A common skeptic argument is that climate has changed naturally in the past, long before SUVs and coal-fired power plants, so humans can't be the cause of the current global warming. Peer-reviewed research shows this is not the case.

It's important to know there are a number of different forces acting on the Earth’s climate. When the sun gets brighter, the planet receives more energy and warms. When volcanoes erupt, they emit particles into the atmosphere which reflect sunlight, and the planet cools. When there are more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the planet warms. It's worth remembering that without some greenhouse gas the Earth would be a ball of ice.

What does past climate change tell us about global warming?

Yes, it IS natural. There is far more evidence to support natural variability for everything that is being witnessed than for any of the fraudulent crap you claim....

Jon -

Please read the material posted, and try and focus on the topic.

Yes, sandbars move all the time.

However, in this case we KNOW that this piece of land (which was more of a peninsla than a sandbar) it is being eroded by rising sea levels. We know this. It has been scientifically proven, and this fact is not disputed by anyone.

btw. There is no such thing as a "natural warming cycle". Climate changes because something forces it to change, not because it feels it has been cooling long enough.

There is no such thing as a "natural warming cycle"

data from the past million years suggests otherwise

Climate changes because something forces it to change

yes it natural

OK. Name the present natural forcings that are creating the warming we are experiancing. Real simple request.

Actually, make that about two million years, for that is how long the Milankovic Cycles have been creating the ice ages, and interglacials with the present tectonic plate configuration. And we should be slowly descending into the next ice age, not seeing the present rapid warming.

Jon -

No, it is NOT natural, and you can confirm this from basically any scientific source you like.

The climate changes only when something makes it change - be that massive global volcanic acitiity, solar acitivity or, as we see now, human activity. But it does not change of its own accord.

In all seriousness, man, do a bit of reading from any decent, objective source and I'm sure it will statto make sense.

A common skeptic argument is that climate has changed naturally in the past, long before SUVs and coal-fired power plants, so humans can't be the cause of the current global warming. Peer-reviewed research shows this is not the case.

It's important to know there are a number of different forces acting on the Earth’s climate. When the sun gets brighter, the planet receives more energy and warms. When volcanoes erupt, they emit particles into the atmosphere which reflect sunlight, and the planet cools. When there are more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the planet warms. It's worth remembering that without some greenhouse gas the Earth would be a ball of ice.

Yes, it IS natural. There is far more evidence to support natural variability for everything that is being witnessed than for any of the fraudulent crap you claim....

So you say. But the scientists doing the research state otherwise.

Jon -

Gee, I always thought volcanic activity and solar activity were natural occurrences.

Jon -

So you say. But the scientists doing the research state otherwise.

Did you watch the movie olorogenicmantrakartrollingblunderfraud? Beach erosion is a problem the causes of which have been known for at least 80 years, though it only really became a issue about 40 years ago....

Here is the aforementioned Miami and how they are desperate for a permanent solution. Each year tens of millions of dollars is spent to truck in sand to replenish that which has been eroded by wave action.

Talk about science deniers...you guys are examples of that in spades.

Beach Erosion: Search for sand, solutions | The Miami Planet

Jon -

Gee, I always thought volcanic activity and solar activity were natural occurrences.

--LOL

imagine that man made volcanic activity

--LOL

Jon -

Please read the material posted, and try and focus on the topic.

Yes, sandbars move all the time.

However, in this case we KNOW that this piece of land (which was more of a peninsla than a sandbar) it is being eroded by rising sea levels. We know this. It has been scientifically proven, and this fact is not disputed by anyone.

btw. There is no such thing as a "natural warming cycle". Climate changes because something forces it to change, not because it feels it has been cooling long enough.

There is no such thing as a "natural warming cycle"

data from the past million years suggests otherwise

Climate changes because something forces it to change

yes it natural

OK. Name the present natural forcings that are creating the warming we are experiancing. Real simple request.

Actually, make that about two million years, for that is how long the Milankovic Cycles have been creating the ice ages, and interglacials with the present tectonic plate configuration. And we should be slowly descending into the next ice age, not seeing the present rapid warming.

the sun

Quite a trick, given that warming has accelerated as solar activity decreased. Hence, it ain't the sun.

It's also amusing that denialists have this conspiracy theory going where they think scientists don't consider the sun. In their fantasy, they have visions of scientists slapping their heads and saying "The Sun! Why didn't we think of that before!". That's how far off in lalaland the denialists are.

So again, what forces are driving this supposed current "natural cycle"?

Quite a trick, given that warming has accelerated as solar activity decreased. Hence, it ain't the sun.

It's also amusing that denialists have this conspiracy theory going where they think scientists don't consider the sun. In their fantasy, they have visions of scientists slapping their heads and saying "The Sun! Why didn't we think of that before!". That's how far off in lalaland the denialists are.

given that warming has accelerated as solar activity decreased.

no it hasnt

What about that icy country known Greenland. Hmm, I need to think back a few centuries ago. Oh yea, it was originally green. I find it really funny how everybody considers this to be a big deal. All I see on my farm is a rather cold summer that stunted plant growth. The earth heats up, and the earth cools down. Imagine that, sometimes it is hotter one year and colder another, or groups of time like an ice age or a warm period. One thing that is for sure, though, is that it is getting colder, not warmer, and this cycle probably won't last long.

Last edited:
What about that icy country known Greenland. Hmm, I need to think back a few centuries ago. Oh yea, it was originally green. I find it really funny how everybody considers this to be a big deal. All I see on my farm is a rather cold summer that stunted plant growth. The earth heats up, and the earth cools down. Imagine that, sometimes it is hotter one year and colder another, or groups of time like an ice age or a warm period. One thing that is for sure, though, is that it is getting colder, not warmer, and this cycle probably won't last long.

it is getting colder, not warmer,

staying the same at best last 200 months

of that cooling the last 120 months

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

no it hasnt

Ooh, crushing comeback.

Got anything else, now that your cult's points are all debunked? You could run back to your cult for more talking points, but understand that we've seen them all before, so you'd just embarrass yourself again.

Go on, pout and make the whackaloon claim that it isn't warming. Outright denial of the real world is all you've got left. Double down on the crazy, and don't let reality intrude a bit. Try that cherrypicking fallacy again. Maybe we won't call you on it.

Last edited:

It has? Where? Last I checked all your warmist types were agreeing with us that the temps have stopped rising....

The 1.1W per m2 of solar forcing since1700 accounts for at least 30 % of the cuurent era warming. Ipcc looks for about 2.6W/m2 to account 4 the forcing since 1750.

It has stopped warrming for over a decade. That solar pause MATCHES THE pause in the rise of temperatures (with an expected delay) ----+-- while CO2 CONTINUES to rise with no apparent effect.

OF COURSE --- CO2 has an effect. But its NOT THE ONLY significant forcing of climate.

There is desperation to make this all about man. So a lot of lying is expected.

Last edited:
Jon , S.J

Yes, of course they are...but I meant that they are not part of the normal weather patterns.

The key thing here is that you guys can really understand that there are no natural epic cycles of warming and cooling...if the climate cools it is because something forces it to cool.
Right now we all know the climate is warming, and things like volcanic activity and solar activity can't account for the extent of that warming. 2012 was the hottest year on US record, after all.

That's really the issue here, and if you can grasp that, then I think the debate becomes a bit clearer.

Last edited:
Jon , S.J

Yes, of course they are...but I meant that they are not part of the normal weather patterns.

The key thing here is that you guys can really understand that there are no natural epic cycles of warming and cooling...if the climate cools it is because something forces it to cool.
Right now we all know the climate is warming, and things like volcanic activity and solar activity can't account for the extent of that warming.

That's really the issue here, and if you can grasp that, then I think the debate becomes a bit clearer.

The IPCC (which you all point to for pretty much everything) Says you are either wrong or lying. I'll let you choose...

THE UN's climate change chief, Rajendra Pachauri, has acknowledged a 17-year pause in global temperature rises, confirmed recently by Britain's Met Office, but said it would need to last "30 to 40 years at least" to break the long-term global warming trend.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Jon , S.J

Right now we all know the climate is warming, and things like volcanic activity and solar activity can't account for the extent of that warming. 2012 was the hottest year on US record, after all.

So, what does man have to do with that, and how is that gonna be changed by passing legislation to redistribute wealth or even to fund more fucking studies?

Forum List

Back