See!!! You can't hunt with an AR !!!

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
You can't hunt - what - with an AR?

Below, see a 3-round 1.543" group 308 Winchester, fired from 300yds - a 1/2 MOA group.
These were 175gr Sierras, launched at 2705fps, fired from the rifle pictured below the target.

For those of you willfully ignorant of the fact there 2nd isn't there in case the white-tails revolt and mindlessly bleat "you can't hunt what an AR", I ask you:

I live in North America: What -can't- I hunt with an AR?

300ydhalfMOA.jpg
Aero1.jpg

Below, see a 3-round 1.543" group 308 Winchester, fired from 300yds - a 1/2 MOA group.
These were 175gr Sierras, launched at 2705fps, fired from the rifle pictured below the target.

For those of you willfully ignorant of the fact there 2nd isn't there in case the white-tails revolt and mindlessly bleat "you can't hunt what an AR", I ask you:

View attachment 285558 View attachment 285559

But....but.....guns bad.....

Years ago before Wilson's war there was a national interest in shooting matches with the military weapons of the time and exotic stuff. Many presidents were members of the NRA. Who would have thought by the 21st century that a political party would have denounced the NRA, threatened to confiscate weapons and focused on fashion wear for confused men in dresses?

Years ago before Wilson's war there was a national interest in shooting matches with the military weapons of the time and exotic stuff. Many presidents were members of the NRA. Who would have thought by the 21st century that a political party would have denounced the NRA, threatened to confiscate weapons and focused on fashion wear for confused men in dresses?

And castrating male children......

That is a damn nice group for 300 yds.
Thank you!
Took a lot of work to get it - to deaden my heartbeat, I eventually supported the toe of the stock with a heavily gloved hand and put a foam pad on my shoulder; before doing so, the crosshairs easily jumped through the height of the X ring. I could dampen it further by relaxing the rearward pull on the pistol grip, but that made the rifle less stable.

You need to go and slaughter out a few dozen deer or something?

Damn good shooting at 300 yards!

It would certainly be nice if someone killed a few dozen wild hogs down here. There are eating farmers out of house & home and destroying habitats all over.

Some years ago I had an AR I built for hunting coyote. I managed to get several doubles, something I couldn't do with another rifle. The farmers and ranchers around where I lived sure liked it.

I'm sorry - I didn't see your answer to my question.
What -can't- I hunt with an AR?
Killing things has never been easier than with an AR. Who told you they can't be used to hunt?
You must not be up on your anti-gun loon propaganda/talking points

Just a few examples:
The NRA Claims the AR-15 Is Useful for Hunting and Home Defense. Not Exactly.
Bernie Sanders On AR-15s: They’re 'Not For Hunting. They’re For Killing Human Beings’ | HuffPost

Again:
What -can't- I hunt with an AR?

[

It would certainly be nice if someone killed a few dozen wild hogs down here. There are eating farmers out of house & home and destroying habitats all over.

I have a friend that has a ranch down in South Florida. We served in the Army together.

A couple of years ago he invited myself and several other guys for a weekend hog hunt.

We all brought ARs. Myself and two other guys brought our Class 3 M-16s.

Eight us us spent two days shooting up the hogs that had been tearing up his ranch.

We got 121 of them.

However, a year later they were repopulated. You have to destroy more than 70% of a sounder to reduced the breeding populations to effective levels. We probably only got 1/3rd of the hogs on his property.

The automatic and semi auto ARs were OK but once the first shot was fired the sounder would scatter in all direction and it was hard to get any follow up shots, even on full auto.

The next year he hired a company to come in and trap them in large cages and he pretty well got rid of the pest.

Forum List

Back