Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be.

Why does this seem so unreasonable? Is the Earth Young?

You can NOT speed up radioactive decay with heat or just ordinary forms of energy.
You can speed up radioactive decay, but it requires the right kind of radiation, meaning alpha, beta, or gamma particles.
And that would leave residual evidence.
So then no, the young earth idea is just wrong.
The reason they could be right about the Earth being a half billion years younger than they estimated is that would still make the planet over a billion years old, and the stellar dust it is made out of much older.
Their argument is about how quickly it turned from a dust cloud to a solid, not that it is some recent creation.

The idea the earth is a recent creation is absurd because if you can do that, then you can magically chance the radioactive decay state as well. Then nothing matters at all.

While I still believe the earth to be much younger, it would seem that scientists are being forced to squeeze more and more environmental changes in less and less time:

I'm afraid you didn't read the article very well. This has nothing to do with changing the age of the Earth, which formed out of the solar nebula around 4.6 billion years ago. All your article is referring to is getting a better grasp on about how long it took for the Earth's core to settle down and crystallize into a solid form capable of generating the type of magnetohydrodynamic flux it does today that allowed life to evolve and develop.

Interestingly enough, that would suggest that the first animals began to appear in the oceans about 100 million years after core solidification, with the first Avalon explosion of life beginning about 250 million years after that.

While I still believe the earth to be much younger, it would seem that scientists are being forced to squeeze more and more environmental changes in less and less time:
Makes me think of the word “secular” itself. Of time, eras or ages. Like the motto, “Novus Ordo Seclorum” == New Order of the Ages of the U.S. founding fathers which is not the “New World Order” of U.N., NATO, EU, Europol, Interpol, and gun control.

If people take “secular” to mean “worldly” or “atheist” or “Satanic” they may have the wrong definition of the word under their hat.

The very question of how old the earth or some feature of the earth is on a geologic scale is by definition “secular” -- of the age or era or timespan of something.

In Finnish, «aika»=“time” and «ikä»=“age” are two closely related words. In the genitive case, the «k» disappears due to consonant gradation: «aian», «iän» or «ijän».

«Kaikki» = all, the sum or totality of something.

«Ijänkaikkinen» or «iankaikkinen» is “eternal” and «iankaikkisuus» is “eternity,” the sum or totality of all ages or all time that exists, can exist, has existed, or ever will exist.

Makes me think of the word “secular” itself. Of time, eras or ages. Like the motto, “Novus Ordo Seclorum” == New Order of the Ages of the U.S. founding fathers which is not the “New World Order” of U.N., NATO, EU, Europol, Interpol, and gun control.

If people take “secular” to mean “worldly” or “atheist” or “Satanic” they may have the wrong definition of the word under their hat.

The very question of how old the earth or some feature of the earth is on a geologic scale is by definition “secular” -- of the age or era or timespan of something.

In Finnish, «aika»=“time” and «ikä»=“age” are two closely related words. In the genitive case, the «k» disappears due to consonant gradation: «aian», «iän» or «ijän».

«Kaikki» = all, the sum or totality of something.

«Ijänkaikkinen» or «iankaikkinen» is “eternal” and «iankaikkisuus» is “eternity,” the sum or totality of all ages or all time that exists, can exist, has existed, or ever will exist.

No need to analyze the dumb thread title. "Secular science" is just science. If it were not secular, it would not be science.

No need to analyze the dumb thread title. "Secular science" is just science. If it were not secular, it would not be science.
Time and space are inherent in all science of course, but “secular science” is the science of geologic time spans or eras, also known as geochronology.
Geochronology is based on the doctrine of uniformitarianism, a core central belief of secular science.

Time and space are inherent in all science of course, but “secular science” is the science of geologic time spans or eras, also known as geochronology.
Geochronology is based on the doctrine of uniformitarianism, a core central belief of secular science.
There is no such thing as "secular" science. All science is secular. Your nonsense creationist talking points have no bearing on science. Only someone trying to squeeze in magic would reject uniformitarianism. Unfortunately, you kneecap yourself to do so, as your introduction of magic renders all of your arguments useless.

There is no such thing as "secular" science. All science is secular. Your nonsense creationist talking points have no bearing on science.
You contradict yourself and deny the existence of the universe.
Only someone trying to squeeze in magic would reject uniformitarianism. Unfortunately, you kneecap yourself to do so, as your introduction of magic renders all of your arguments useless.
I am not arguing against sound science of geochronology based on fundamental principles of uniformitarianism, as you appear to be doing.

There is no such thing as "secular" science. All science is secular. Your nonsense creationist talking points have no bearing on science.
You contradict yourself and deny the existence of the universe.
Only someone trying to squeeze in magic would reject uniformitarianism. Unfortunately, you kneecap yourself to do so, as your introduction of magic renders all of your arguments useless.
I am not arguing against sound science of geochronology based on fundamental principles of uniformitarianism, as you appear to be doing.
You, of course, are. And you cannot do so without lying and misrepresenting science and my points. Your game is an old, tired one. And it failed long ago. That is why you charlatans are relegated to message boards and street corners, instead of science journals , scientific societies, and respectable university science programs. Flail all you like. It is futile.

science journals , scientific societies, and respectable university science programs.
The classic educational Establishment had alread lost its respect a thousand years previously by the time John Huss earned a Master’s degree and was burned at the stake as a faggot for insisting that a layman or even a woman has the same authority as a priest to forgive sins: the prime example he brought to bear was that of the female Pope Joanna who reigned for two short years during the ninth century before her tragic death in childbirth en route of a papal procession along a way known to this day as the Via Dolorosa in Rome.

Of course I did. It stated, "During the last ice age." Now, answer my question, foo. How many ice ages?

We're in an ice age right now ... have been for 30 million years ... I think what you mean is glaciation, which happen every 125,000 years or so ... so a hundred, maybe two ... but keep in mind, the ice never melts off completely ... it just ebbs and flows like the tides ...

In case you've forgotten ... the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

YEC believe there was only one ice age after the global flood.

I think the atheist scientists believe there were at least five major ice ages.
Long Island is evidence for at least 2 glaciations. It is two terminal moraines superimposed on each other that only diverge in the east, forming the 'tail' of Long Island. Other locales have an even greater number.

I doubt that would qualify according to history.com.

"An ice age is a period of colder global temperatures and recurring glacial expansion capable of lasting hundreds of millions of years."

Of course I did. It stated, "During the last ice age." Now, answer my question, foo. How many ice ages?

We're in an ice age right now ... have been for 30 million years ... I think what you mean is glaciation, which happen every 125,000 years or so ... so a hundred, maybe two ... but keep in mind, the ice never melts off completely ... it just ebbs and flows like the tides ...

In case you've forgotten ... the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

YEC believe there was only one ice age after the global flood.

I think the atheist scientists believe there were at least five major ice ages.

the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

Because there were mountains rising up from the fountains of the deep and valleys being formed. The global waters you are talking about make up our present day seas.

"There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the Flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the Earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!"

Long Island is evidence for at least 2 glaciations. It is two terminal moraines superimposed on each other that only diverge in the east, forming the 'tail' of Long Island. Other locales have an even greater number.
I doubt that would qualify according to history.com.
"An ice age is a period of colder global temperatures and recurring glacial expansion capable of lasting hundreds of millions of years."

Yeah ... good thing he used the word "glaciation" ... try to straw man something more than syntax next time ...

"There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the Flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the Earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!"

Who are you quoting here? ... Pslams 104 is the pot-smoking psalm ...

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;" -- Pslams 104:14

I've some Memory Killer right here ... give me a minute ...

[cough cough cough cough] ...

Okay, what were we talking about ... alluvial fans, right? ... millions of fine grained layers in the outflow area through the delta ... very distinct slow water flow episodes over geologic time scales ...

Forum List

Back