Secret Service thoughts about Past Presidents and First Ladies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by longknife, Oct 22, 2012.

1. longknife

longknife Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,584
    October 21, 2012 @ Right Truth: Secret Service thoughts about Past Presidents and First Ladies

Frederick William Dame of The Obama Timeline writes: "I read Ronald Kessler’s IN THE PRESIDENT’S SECRET SERVICE, (2009) in 2011. It appears that the 2010 edition has more information. In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect. Here are some tidbits":

Secret Service thoughts about Past Presidents and First Ladies

Secret Service 1

From the Secret Service/Very interesting snippets from Ronald Kessler’s book about our presidents

Here are snippets from a book of “Impressions & Observations” of Secret Service personnel assigned to guard U.S. Presidents/First Ladies, and Vice Presidents.

I will include the last part of the post:

[​IMG]

Awesome!!! One of those blog posts I plan to save.

:cool:

2. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    *BARACK & MICHELLE OBAMA
    *” Clinton all over again” – hates the military and looks down on the Secret Service. He is egotistical and cunning; looks you in the eye and appears to agree with you, but turns around and does the opposite — untrustworthy. He has temper tantrums.*

*She is a complete bitch, who basically hates anybody who is not black; hates the military; and looks at the Secret Service as servants.*
    Why does this ^ not surprise me a bit?

3. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,797
    The right wing rumor mill shits another turd.

4. BluePhantom

BluePhantom Educator (of liberals)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    Interesting post. I was working at the Ritz-Carlton in Phoenix when Bush I came to stay there (after his term was over). It's actually a great story because I got to meet him and chat with him for a few seconds.

Anyhow I was working in the kitchen and the secret service had a guy there wacthing what we made for him so I had the opportunity to talk to him and I actually asked him about past presidents. He said the following:

Laura Bush was an amazingly sweet woman, W. was very nice and grateful to the secret service but not as nice as Laura.

He said Clinton was a very nice guy and tolerant of differing opinions but Hillary was a flaming bitch. He said people were constantly trying to get off detail protecting Hillary because she treated them like shit.

He said Al Gore has total hatred for anyone who is not a Democrat and treated the service like servants. He actually said it was a good thing Gore didn't get elected because he felt the majority of the service would not be willing to take a bullet for him.

He said Bush I and Barbara were basically like hanging out with your grandparents and they would actually try to involve the service men in their lives...have Thanksgiving dinner with them, etc.

Obviously that was before Obama but it doesn't surprise me that they would feel that way about them

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,102
    Interesting...of course, you will be deemed a liar by the left. Afterall, who can trust the hired help?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. FJO

FJO Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,625
    Of course, this is not a surprise.

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    You know.......when you make shit up you need to make it more believable. This plays into all the Rush Limbaugh/ Sean Hannity propaganda that has been floating around for four years

Real stories are anectdotal. This happend and she said this or did that

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  8. BluePhantom

BluePhantom Educator (of liberals)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    Oh of course. It's a great story though because no one knew he was coming except the top brass of the hotel. I was in the garage having a smoke and our security came up to me and told me I had to leave. I said "bullshit, I have been working my ass off and I am going to have a cigarette, fuck off". So after we argued for a few seconds the limo pulls up and the agents jumped out and came to me and said "you, come with me right now, sir." and so I followed the guy not knowing at all who was in the car. What was interesting was that he led me right beside the service elevator which was closer than where I was to begin with. Then to my shock H.W. jumps out of the car, walks to the elevator, shook my hand, said hi and he actually made the service hold the elevator for a bit while he stood there and chatted with me.

I remember thinking that it made total sense why he got elected cause he is just a master schmoozer. It was like he was more excited to meet me than I was to meet him...a great skill for a politician. Then he jumps into the elevator and waves at me and says "it's been a pleasure to meet you, have a great day" with this huge smile.

You know, working at a place like the Ritz for as long as I did, you get accustomed to running into celebrities and public figures and after a while you no longer get "star struck"...they just become one more person whose ass you have to kiss, but there were a couple that still left me a little dazed and that was definately one of them.

9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,089
    Does the Secret Service have to defend people not born in America?

10. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    You know...when you publish something like this you need to maintain some pretext of credibility. Normally, if a reflection treats each President as an individual regardless of party affiliation you can maintain some degree of credibility

But when EVERY Democrat President, Vice President and First Lady is portrayed as a flaming asshole and EVERY Republican is presented as one of the nicest people you will ever meet you take on the image of blatant partisanship.

This propaganda piece will sell well with the Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Fox New crowd...but has no credible relevance

[​IMG]