Second hottest August in recorded history based on Copernicus data

You're a geologist, eh? Cool. That must be quite an internal struggle for you, given that all of the world's major geological societies endorse the consensus on climate change. You must be a hoot at their cocktail parties. ;)

Ahhh, yet another appeal to authority logical fallacy. The reality is the leadership of those groups is political, and they are populated by the same sorts of people who declared Alfred Wegener and his theory of plate tectonics to be wrong.

That's the thing about groups....they go for the easy money, and believe me, there is nothing easier than prostituting yourself for cold, hard, cash. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those with ethics though. That's why we don't do it, and the overwhelming majority of geologists do not agree with the position the leadership has taken. Because we aren't political.

Go figure.
Go figure what Mr. Westwall is saying. He is stating that virtually 90% of the geologists in the world are engaged in fraud, and he is a lone island of upstanding ethics and morality. Now anyone that would believe the kind of drivel has no more than a room temperature IQ.

Wow, when you lie you go full hog don't you. Try reading what i said again, and then use your google translator to try and get it correct before you make a buffoon of yourself yet again.

You're a geologist, eh? Cool. That must be quite an internal struggle for you, given that all of the world's major geological societies endorse the consensus on climate change. You must be a hoot at their cocktail parties. ;)

Can you beat "geologist"

Can you even beat me? I have a Masters in ChemE, so I know a thing or two about modelling.
And I am the re-incarnation of Napaleon. Anyone can claim anything on the net. All we have are the posts themselves to judge a poster by. And, Marty, thus far your scientific postings have not impressed me.

Who the hell claims to be a Chemical Engineer without actually being one?

Especially when its used for general educational bonafides, and not specific ones.

And your posts are all politics, with a smattering of "science" added to make you appear to have "teh smartz"

What is your degree in? Wuss studies?

UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2017_v6.jpg

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2017_v6.jpg

No months prior to 1998 above 0.4. Only a few above that between 1999 and 2015. Two above that line since the beginning of this year.

Thanks for the Chart that shows 2 decades of no Warming

Can you beat "geologist"

Can you even beat me? I have a Masters in ChemE, so I know a thing or two about modelling.
And I am the re-incarnation of Napaleon. Anyone can claim anything on the net. All we have are the posts themselves to judge a poster by. And, Marty, thus far your scientific postings have not impressed me.

Especially when its used for general educational bonafides, and not specific ones.

And your posts are all politics, with a smattering of "science" added to make you appear to have "teh smartz"

No, dumb fuck. Never stated I earned a degree. In fact, stated otherwise many times. As a millwright, I learned early on to sort out the BS from the useful. A smattering of science? As in abstracts from peer reviewed journals. And what links do you give in your posts?

Ahhh, yet another appeal to authority logical fallacy. The reality is the leadership of those groups is political, and they are populated by the same sorts of people who declared Alfred Wegener and his theory of plate tectonics to be wrong.

That's the thing about groups....they go for the easy money, and believe me, there is nothing easier than prostituting yourself for cold, hard, cash. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those with ethics though. That's why we don't do it, and the overwhelming majority of geologists do not agree with the position the leadership has taken. Because we aren't political.

Go figure.
Go figure what Mr. Westwall is saying. He is stating that virtually 90% of the geologists in the world are engaged in fraud, and he is a lone island of upstanding ethics and morality. Now anyone that would believe the kind of drivel has no more than a room temperature IQ.

Wow, when you lie you go full hog don't you. Try reading what i said again, and then use your google translator to try and get it correct before you make a buffoon of yourself yet again.
Again, proof of Mr. Westwalls lies. If the 'leadership' of the geo-societies are going against the vast majority of the members opinions, why do they get voted in? After all, it is a straight up vote, no electoral college to throw the election.

Can you beat "geologist"

No, dumb fuck. Never stated I earned a degree. In fact, stated otherwise many times. As a millwright, I learned early on to sort out the BS from the useful. A smattering of science? As in abstracts from peer reviewed journals. And what links do you give in your posts?

Peer reviewed doesn't mean anything when the peers are pushing the same bullshit the writers are. and again, I don't have to reference squat, I am familiar with modelling, and with models on much less complex systems than the planetary climate. Every one has to be taken with a grain of salt, especially ones that do not produce verifiable in the short term results.

It's why I trust Hurricane tracking models more than long term climate models. The hurricane models can be factually verified and improved on. Climate models? They systems are too large and the timelines too long for verification.

One of the first things the professor in the statistics class stated is that no model can duplicate nature, but they can be close enough to be useful. Now considering the predictions of the deniers, and the predictions of the professional scientists, one can see that the scientists have been far more accurate than the deniers. The scientists predicted that as the atmosphere and the oceans warmed, we would see far more extreme precipitation events. Harvey was just one example of that that we are seeing today.

Average temperatures for the twelve-month period from September 2016 to August 2017 were:

August 2017 extended the spell of exceptional global warmth that has now lasted since mid-2015. It was:

• close to 0.5°C warmer than the average August from 1981-2010;
  • the second warmest August on record, by a small margin of well under 0.1°C;
  • more than 0.1°C cooler than August 2016.
The warmest instances of each month of the year occurred from October 2015 to September 2016. Each of the eleven months from October 2016 to August 2017 has been the second warmest on record for that month of the year.

Surface air temperature for August 2017 | Copernicus Climate Change Service

Pretty fucking Amazing. If it wasn't for the last week of August it would have beaten 2015 by even more.

So what?

One of the first things the professor in the statistics class stated is that no model can duplicate nature, but they can be close enough to be useful. Now considering the predictions of the deniers, and the predictions of the professional scientists, one can see that the scientists have been far more accurate than the deniers. The scientists predicted that as the atmosphere and the oceans warmed, we would see far more extreme precipitation events. Harvey was just one example of that that we are seeing today.

The models they use are so crappy that flipping a coin gives better results. No professor worth a damn would make the statement he did. You're simply lying through your teeth again olfraud.

All full of "maybe's" and "could" and "might".

Not enough for you watermelon dipshits to force me to change how I live my live via government force.

Want to change the world? Go off the grid your self and kindly fuck off.

WTF!

Weather Stations Disappearing Worldwide

Not only is there no static number, those in Russia and Canada, two pretty cold countries have disappeared at a greater rate then others?

And you can't figure out why the data shows warming?

Rocket surgeon?
I see. So all the satellites have stopped working? God, you guys are fucking stupid.

Ok, ya got me. Give me the name of the satalite from 100 years ago.

Oh, there wasn't one!

God, that was too friggen easy!

Oh, thanks in advance!

So that's why you keep changing the data - to make it more accurately reflect the model.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2017_v6.jpg

^ 2 decades, no warming

Average temperatures for the twelve-month period from September 2016 to August 2017 were:

August 2017 extended the spell of exceptional global warmth that has now lasted since mid-2015. It was:

• close to 0.5°C warmer than the average August from 1981-2010;
  • the second warmest August on record, by a small margin of well under 0.1°C;
  • more than 0.1°C cooler than August 2016.
The warmest instances of each month of the year occurred from October 2015 to September 2016. Each of the eleven months from October 2016 to August 2017 has been the second warmest on record for that month of the year.

Surface air temperature for August 2017 | Copernicus Climate Change Service

Pretty fucking Amazing. If it wasn't for the last week of August it would have beaten 2015 by even more.

Hot enough to melt your balls off!

All full of "maybe's" and "could" and "might".

Not enough for you watermelon dipshits to force me to change how I live my live via government force.

Want to change the world? Go off the grid your self and kindly fuck off.

Yep. They truly are masters of the charlatans lexicon aren't they.

The models they use are so crappy that flipping a coin gives better results. No professor worth a damn would make the statement he did. You're simply lying through your teeth again olfraud.
Really? Well, you ignorant asshole you have been predicting cooling since 2010. And it has been warming. In 1981, Dr. Hansen predicted the opening of the Northwest Passage and it opened for the first time in 2007.

Really? Well, you ignorant asshole you have been predicting cooling since 2010. And it has been warming. In 1981, Dr. Hansen predicted the opening of the Northwest Passage and it opened for the first time in 2007.

And the graph you keep posting shows there has been no warming for two decades and as any person with a brain knows the world takes time to work. It operates on time scales that are vastly slower than us poor humans. Only brain dead, anti science, religious nutters, like you, want to keep tossing virgins into the volcano to appease the Gods.

Get a clue, clown boy.

No, it didn't. The SS Manhattan accomplished the feat way the hell back in 1969. Before that Roald Amundsen did it way back in 1903-1906 in a wooden vessel propelled by wind power. The merchant ships STILL need ice breakers to get through you stupid ass.

Here's the propaganda that you pay attention to...

Cargo Ship Crosses The Arctic Without Aid Of Ice Breaker For First Time Ever
Cargo Ship Crosses The Arctic Without Aid Of Ice Breaker For First Time Ever

Sounds great doesn't it. But here's what they didn't tell you..

The ship that did the traverse IS A FUCKING ICE BREAKER!

South Korean shipbuilding company, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME), has a series of 15 icebreaking liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers on order to serve Yamal LNG project located at Sabetta on the Yamal Peninsula in Northern Russia.

Worth $4.8bn, the icebreaking LNG carrier fleet is intended to transport LNG produced at the Yamal LNG project to the Asia-Pacific and European markets throughout all seasons of the year.

The tankers can operate on Northern Sea route westward from Yamal LNG plant throughout the year and eastward from July to December.

Built to the Russian Register Arc7 standards, the large-capacity tankers will offer increased manoeuvrability across the thick layers of ice and safe operations in harbour.

Christophe de Margerie Class Icebreaking LNG Carriers, Russia
Christophe de Margerie Class Icebreaking LNG Carriers

Many ships have gone through both northeast and northwest passages without icebreakers. If someone is ignorant of something that basic, they're not qualified to be in a discussion with the grownups.

The Northeast passage was wide open this year. Ice strengthened vessels weren't needed.

The Northwest passage didn't melt wide open this year. Queen Maud Gulf in Canadian waters still had a stretch of 50% ice cover. A fiberglass sailboat couldn't have sailed it, but any steel-hulled vessel could have slowly pushed through. Icebreakers just let a ship sail it faster.

An ice-reinforced wooden vessel like Amundsen's could have done it easily as well. A boat which had a gasoline motor, by the way. it's rewriting history to pretend Amundsen went though in a fragile wooden sailboat. And it took him 3 years.

So, melt season is pretty much over. Looks like only the third lowest extent. That was over a summer that wasn't very conducive to melt. The 2017 Arctic summer was rather cool and cloudy, Fram Strait export shut down totally in June, but the ice still melted impressively. Higher water temperatures are having their effect. It's like every other climate record now, noise on a changing trend . It's just a matter of time until good melt conditions line up again, and a new record is set.

(This image links to the current date for the reader, and not the date of this post.)

Arctic_AMSR2_nic.png

Forum List

Back