Second hottest August in recorded history based on Copernicus data

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Average temperatures for the twelve-month period from September 2016 to August 2017 were:

August 2017 extended the spell of exceptional global warmth that has now lasted since mid-2015. It was:

• close to 0.5°C warmer than the average August from 1981-2010;
  • the second warmest August on record, by a small margin of well under 0.1°C;
  • more than 0.1°C cooler than August 2016.
The warmest instances of each month of the year occurred from October 2015 to September 2016. Each of the eleven months from October 2016 to August 2017 has been the second warmest on record for that month of the year.

Surface air temperature for August 2017 | Copernicus Climate Change Service

Pretty fucking Amazing. If it wasn't for the last week of August it would have beaten 2015 by even more.

Average temperatures for the twelve-month period from September 2016 to August 2017 were:

August 2017 extended the spell of exceptional global warmth that has now lasted since mid-2015. It was:

The warmest instances of each month of the year occurred from October 2015 to September 2016. Each of the eleven months from October 2016 to August 2017 has been the second warmest on record for that month of the year.

Pretty fucking Amazing. If it wasn't for the last week of August it would have beaten 2015 by even more.

I'll say. It's amazing that these pimps can still fool morons like you with fake reports. Let me know when they can get their "record" temps without first running them through a homologation computer program. Amazing how that works.

It's been 15 degrees cooler here for weeks. Wednesday we are supposed to have record lows. What makes people who have no vested interest in a thing post about it over and over and over and over and over and over?

I'll say. It's amazing that these pimps can still fool morons like you with fake reports. Let me know when they can get their "record" temps without first running them through a homologation computer program. Amazing how that works.

"homologation computer program.

May I ask what your climate science redentials are? Oh, and your computer programming and mathematics credentials as well.

It's been 15 degrees cooler here for weeks. Wednesday we are supposed to have record lows. What makes people who have no vested interest in a thing post about it over and over and over and over and over and over?

so because you had cool local temperatures for a week, or a month, or a year... you think you have no vested interest in combating global warming?

Really? So, in your corner of the world, time has stopped, everything you use and eat is made and grown in your backyard, and you use a special currency unconnected to the dollar or any other foreign currency and which is a mystery to everyone.

Fascinating!

May I ask what your climate science redentials are? Oh, and your computer programming and mathematics credentials as well.

I have a PhD in geology which trumps (notice how I use him who shall not be named!) a PhD in climatology. Or, out it this way, I can teach any climatology class. ANY of them. However, a climatologist would be completely lost trying to teach a third year geology class. As usual, you resort to the "if you're not a climatologist you can't possibly understand what they're talking about" meme, which is complete shit.

The reality is it's the other way around. It is them who can't even begin to understand what it is that we do. Their stuff is subjective. Ours is objective. So, tell the class what's the difference between the two.

You're a geologist, eh? Cool. That must be quite an internal struggle for you, given that all of the world's major geological societies endorse the consensus on climate change. You must be a hoot at their cocktail parties. ;)

Climate "science" is a joke, it has nothing in common with real science. There's no stated theory, no rigerous experiments; instead it's altered data fed into flawed models and absolutely insane, Hari Krishna bleating about "consensus"

so because you had cool local temperatures for a week, or a month, or a year... you think you have no vested interest in combating global warming?

Really? So, in your corner of the world, time has stopped, everything you use and eat is made and grown in your backyard, and you use a special currency unconnected to the dollar or any other foreign currency and which is a mystery to everyone.

Fascinating!

Can someone give me the exact location of each and every weather monitoring station in the world for the past 200 years

And the names of the individuals in charge of their calibration?

Thanks in advance.

You're a geologist, eh? Cool. That must be quite an internal struggle for you, given that all of the world's major geological societies endorse the consensus on climate change. You must be a hoot at their cocktail parties. ;)

Ahhh, yet another appeal to authority logical fallacy. The reality is the leadership of those groups is political, and they are populated by the same sorts of people who declared Alfred Wegener and his theory of plate tectonics to be wrong.

That's the thing about groups....they go for the easy money, and believe me, there is nothing easier than prostituting yourself for cold, hard, cash. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those with ethics though. That's why we don't do it, and the overwhelming majority of geologists do not agree with the position the leadership has taken. Because we aren't political.

Go figure.

Fascinating!
That's right.

Can you beat "geologist"

Can you even beat me? I have a Masters in ChemE, so I know a thing or two about modelling.

I have a PhD in geology which trumps (notice how I use him who shall not be named!) a PhD in climatology. Or, out it this way, I can teach any climatology class. ANY of them. However, a climatologist would be completely lost trying to teach a third year geology class. As usual, you resort to the "if you're not a climatologist you can't possibly understand what they're talking about" meme, which is complete shit.

The reality is it's the other way around. It is them who can't even begin to understand what it is that we do. Their stuff is subjective. Ours is objective. So, tell the class what's the difference between the two.
This person lies so much on every subject that I really doubt his claim of credentials. And most of the people studying climate have degrees in physics, geology, and climatology. Mr. Westwall has also put links up that he claims supported his contentions, and we found upon reading the links that they said just the opposite of what he claimed.

Right now, here on the West Coast, we have huge fires going, including a 30,000 acre fire in the Columbia Gorge. Thus far, they have saved the Multnomah Falls Lodge. I-84 is closed from Troutdale to Hood River. Started by a bunch of teenagers with fireworks. Hope their names get put out on social media. At present Oregon, Washington, and Idaho are under air quality warnings. The whole of each state.

Can you beat "geologist"

Can you even beat me? I have a Masters in ChemE, so I know a thing or two about modelling.
And I am the re-incarnation of Napaleon. Anyone can claim anything on the net. All we have are the posts themselves to judge a poster by. And, Marty, thus far your scientific postings have not impressed me.

This person lies so much on every subject that I really doubt his claim of credentials. And most of the people studying climate have degrees in physics, geology, and climatology. Mr. Westwall has also put links up that he claims supported his contentions, and we found upon reading the links that they said just the opposite of what he claimed.

Right now, here on the West Coast, we have huge fires going, including a 30,000 acre fire in the Columbia Gorge. Thus far, they have saved the Multnomah Falls Lodge. I-84 is closed from Troutdale to Hood River. Started by a bunch of teenagers with fireworks. Hope their names get put out on social media. At present Oregon, Washington, and Idaho are under air quality warnings. The whole of each state.

How does CO2 spark forest fires? Can you show us the chemical reaction?

UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2017_v6.jpg

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2017_v6.jpg

No months prior to 1998 above 0.4. Only a few above that between 1999 and 2015. Two above that line since the beginning of this year.

Ahhh, yet another appeal to authority logical fallacy. The reality is the leadership of those groups is political, and they are populated by the same sorts of people who declared Alfred Wegener and his theory of plate tectonics to be wrong.

That's the thing about groups....they go for the easy money, and believe me, there is nothing easier than prostituting yourself for cold, hard, cash. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those with ethics though. That's why we don't do it, and the overwhelming majority of geologists do not agree with the position the leadership has taken. Because we aren't political.

Go figure.
Wegener had some very good observations of geology. He had no theory. Because he could not explain how you could possibly plow fragile continental crusts through dense ocean basalts. It was not until we had the magnetic strip maps off of the Juan de Fuca spreading zone that we had an explanation of how the continents could move. And that was half a century after Wegener's unfortunate death.

Go figure.
Go figure what Mr. Westwall is saying. He is stating that virtually 90% of the geologists in the world are engaged in fraud, and he is a lone island of upstanding ethics and morality. Now anyone that would believe the kind of drivel has no more than a room temperature IQ.

Please supply the location of each weather station each year, worldwide, for each of the last 300 years. And the names and qualification of the individuals that calibrated each and every one of these stations.

Without this you can't begin to make statements about whether the earth is warming or cooling.

Thanks in advance

Forum List

Back