SeattleTimes editorial asks liquor store clerks to be law-breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
By advocating legalization of marijuana in Washington st for "recreational use" to be taxed andsold in state liqour stors.

Didnt that idea get PUNKED in California????????

Any liquor store clerk selling marijuana is breaking federal law.

not rocket science/brain surgery.

Break the law or get fired.

Saner healds will prevail - and legization will get punked in Wa state like it got punked in California.

I congratulate Washington and Oregon on their liberal views towards marijuana. Good potential for tax revenue

Last edited:
Seattle Times is the "moderate" newpaper in seattle.

You should have seen the Seattle PI before they went out of business........

Then there are underground newpapers like The Stranger and Real Change............

The weed today is 10 times stronger than the stuff in the 60s

Gateway drug.

Here's a thought: Why not just make ALL drugs legal??

In principle - I never liked the notion of Big Brother telling somebody what they can or can not put in their body.

People might think I am being a hypocrite: bashing the Seatttle Times for pushing for legalization of marijuana and selling it in liqour stores - while in another post on this thread I said legalize all drugs.

They aren't deep-thinkers. Would never hold up in court - violates federal law.

Cut to the chase - legalize ALL drugs - but until then - enforce the law.

Last edited:
unfortunately the marijuana laws are attached to international treaties, otherwise they would be changed already.

That's not our place to decide.

It's not our place to hand down the final verdict, but I do believe it is our place to attempt to live as decent and proper a life as possible, and marijuana is not any part of a decent and proper life so far as I am concerned. Nor is tobacco or any extensive amount of alcohol.

It's not our place to hand down the final verdict, but I do believe it is our place to attempt to live as decent and proper a life as possible, and marijuana is not any part of a decent and proper life so far as I am concerned. Nor is tobacco or any extensive amount of alcohol.

I agree with you-I don't smoke marijuana, or smoke tobacco, and I very rarely drink tobacco. But I don't think I (or anyone else) has the right to tell other people what they can and cannot do when it comes to this. If an adult wants to smoke marijuana-I shouldn't be able to take that freedom away from them.

I'm just curious why alcohol in moderation is ok, but not these other substances?

And while I'm at it, why did you state earlier that you think progress, for the most part, isn't good? I don't want to derail the thread, so if you don't want to get into this kind of discussion I understand.

I find your position hypocritical. To be consistent you should have said, "any amount of alcohol"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back