Seattle

K Cool!

Going to Mariners game tomorrow night, but since it is suppose to be warm saturday we thought about going to the beach and someone recommended Golden Gardens, but I remember Alki beach, it was pretty nice if I remember correctly. We want to go somewhere on the Sound.

It really depends if you are staying overnight and where you will want to start at/end up at if you are getting a motel/hotel room first or staying at a friends.. where? You can waste a lot of your time driving around in one day. Alki is actually the closest beach to the baseball stadium. 10 -15 min drive. There are lots of places to eat right accross the road from the beach at Alki. I recomend Spuds Fish and Chips. Thier prawns are the best dipped in thier tarter sauce. Simple food ..great food.

Spud Fish & Chips - West Seattle - Seattle, WA

My cousin told me to get a Cuban sandwich across the street

Cuban coffee in those little cups is the best.. high octane! Thier food. I don't know... I never ate any of it even when I was in South Florida. I never met a trustworthy Cuban. I'm sure they exist..I just never met any.

I used to live a 10-15 minute walk from Alki Beach, up the hill, with a view overlooking the Sound. Ten minute walk down hill, 15 if up. Alki is close to the Mariners Stadium and a pleasant place. I had a first date there once, dinner at one of the restaurants and walking along the beach and talking for a couple of hours. Resulted in a six month relationship. Alki is nice. :)

Anybody want to take a trip south of Seattle this weekend, to Dumas Bay, Centerstage Theatre is doing "Rock and Soul". I'm the House Manager, or one of them and tonight is opening night. Centerstage Theatre Arts Conservatory

Anybody want to really feel good about themselves this weekend we need more volunteers for the play both Sat and Sun, and if you volunteer, you get to see the play for free.

Dumas Bay.. ??? Where the EFF is that?

Federal Way. I haven't lived in Seattle for ten years, and am at the moment nearly 8,000 miles distant.

Last edited:
Anybody want to take a trip south of Seattle this weekend, to Dumas Bay, Centerstage Theatre is doing "Rock and Soul". I'm the House Manager, or one of them and tonight is opening night. Centerstage Theatre Arts Conservatory

Anybody want to really feel good about themselves this weekend we need more volunteers for the play both Sat and Sun, and if you volunteer, you get to see the play for free.

Dumas Bay.. ??? Where the EFF is that?

Federal Way. I haven't lived in Seattle for ten years, and am at the moment nearly 8,000 miles distant.

So, you're not going to volunteer for me this weekend? :D

We get the occasional phone/text from daughter who's been out there 10 days now. She's digging the hell out of it. :thup:

Flying out Thursday next for a few days, then we're all returning together.

We get the occasional phone/text from daughter who's been out there 10 days now. She's digging the hell out of it. :thup:

Flying out Thursday next for a few days, then we're all returning together.

Hope you have good weather. Summers there are lovely when the weather is good.

Damn this place is crowded. Streets going every which way, tons of people, loads of traffic, panhandles and protestors LOL. Crazy and interesting at the same time. Time difference is a killer. Exhausted by 9, up at 5. Hope to take in some more sights before heading home tomorrow afternoon.

Damn this place is crowded. Streets going every which way, tons of people, loads of traffic, panhandles and protestors LOL. Crazy and interesting at the same time. Time difference is a killer. Exhausted by 9, up at 5. Hope to take in some more sights before heading home tomorrow afternoon.

Have fun. Take a ferry ride if you can. They are fun and you might get lucky and see a seal or whale. enjoy! :)

One summer I was working for a temp agency doing surveys. They put me on this job for a few days where we rode the ferries back and forth between Seattle and Bainbridge and just asked the passengers if they wanted to take the survey. It was fun. Sunshine, happy people, riding the ferry all day!

FERRY_jpg.jpg

have you had a good time so far?

yeah, its a fun place. I love the market...... lots of good places to eat and see.

Sorry you missed the great weather. The last few days have been overcast and it may even rain a little today. Try to get a bite or two of Dungeness crab and fresh caught salmon. The popular one that get's the hype is Chinook Salmon but the tastiest is the Silver salmon. We also have great clams and oysters. The best clams are the Razor clams but the small butter clams are also delicious. Goeducks are popular also but they are just huge freaks of nature and I find them a little tough. If you go for the oysters be sure to insist on "wild caught" and not "farm grown" oysters. No respectable restaurant would try to serve farm raised salmon but just to be sure and insist on fresh wild caught salmon..not frozen. Our "fresh caught frozen" salmon is probably better than any frozen fish on the planet but there is nothing like fresh caught that has only been on ice in the boat for a few hours before it is cooked. Alder Grilled is best. I recommend Ivars Salmon house on North Lake Union. They use the Native American technique with the best fish. Also Fisherman's Terminal has a couple of restaurants that serve as good a salmon meal as there is anywhere. I met "Samson"at "Chinook's" last year for crab and they had run out. Better call ahead and make sure they have the Dungeness crab still avaliable. :lol:

LOL thanks for suggestions. Took a couple of long walks this morning. Ended up at a huge market at the waterfront. Arts, crafts, food and flowers. Watched student performances at Cornish this afternoon. Daughter had an awesome dance solo. Hope to make Space Needle and EMP this evening

It really depends if you are staying overnight and where you will want to start at/end up at if you are getting a motel/hotel room first or staying at a friends.. where? You can waste a lot of your time driving around in one day. Alki is actually the closest beach to the baseball stadium. 10 -15 min drive. There are lots of places to eat right accross the road from the beach at Alki. I recomend Spuds Fish and Chips. Thier prawns are the best dipped in thier tarter sauce. Simple food ..great food.

Spud Fish & Chips - West Seattle - Seattle, WA

Cuban coffee in those little cups is the best.. high octane! Thier food. I don't know... I never ate any of it even when I was in South Florida. I never met a trustworthy Cuban. I'm sure they exist..I just never met any.

We ended up going to Golden Gardens. Loved it.

LOL thanks for suggestions. Took a couple of long walks this morning. Ended up at a huge market at the waterfront. Arts, crafts, food and flowers. Watched student performances at Cornish this afternoon. Daughter had an awesome dance solo. Hope to make Space Needle and EMP this evening

if you have the time do the underground tour.... its a kick!

We ended up going to Golden Gardens. Loved it.

Cool. As a teenager we drag raced down there. It was amazing...10,000 screaming drunk teens lining up the street from the 4 way stop going South towards the restaurants and a hundred cars or so going at it every weekend all summer long. I had the fastest car naturally. 68 lemon yellow dodge dart with a 340 built to around 600 horse. What was even more amazing is that the cops didn't bother us. That was when it was REALLY fun to live in Seattle.

The beach is nice too. Sorry again that you didn't get to enjoy it in the sunshine. The beach isn't nearly as much fun in the high fifties.

Forum List

Back