Seattle minimum wage hike brings lawsuits

Your question doesn't make sense. Most businesses don't make 20% net. So apparently that isn't an important factor to most businesses.

The entire question is irrelevant, because your profit from doing business, your wage that you take home from the business, is not determine by margin alone. It's determined by margin on sales. If I have only a 2% net profit margin, and I'm making $5 Million in sales, that's $100,000 in my pay check. I think I could handle making $100,000 a year.

The idea I would give that up because I wasn't making the arbitrary 20% margin some nit wit on the internet came up with, seems rather stupid to me.

Back to McDonald's. We have a fiscal budget from a Franchise McDonald's. I don't see those things you listed, on there. So can you prove your claim?

Janney_McD.jpg

And as for Walmart... that was kind of my point.

Each Walmart is a separate business. Each service of Walmart is a separate business. When you say Walmart has all these profits.... that's not a monolithic company.

Each section of Walmart business, is a self contained business. They each have to make a profit of their own, or they go out of business. Thus each employee that wants a raise, can't get a raise unless the specific business they are employed by has the money to give those raises. You can't use the profits of Walmart HQ, to justify Employee of Walmart Store A, getting a raise. Because Store A doesn't have access to the money of Walmart HQ.

That's why when the minimum wage went up, the average number of employees per Walmart store went down. The average number of employees at a Walmart went from 360 in 2006 (before the minimum wage went up), to 290 in 2010 (after the minimum wage went up).

Even though during that time, sales were going up overall.

So I don't know what you think your claim means.

Is your chart of the 'average' Walmart monthly, quarterly, or yearly?

The chart clearly says McDonald's. Not walmart. That was yearly.

So the largest fast food restaurant in the world has (on average) 7400 customers per day?

18 Facts About McDonald's That Will Blow Your Mind - Business Insider

Do the math from the information in the link and you'll find that what you posted IS NOT an average McDonalds, but a generic restaurant.

Proprietary information from McDonalds is not listed on the internet.

Is your chart of the 'average' Walmart monthly, quarterly, or yearly?

So the largest fast food restaurant in the world has (on average) 7400 customers per day?

Do the math from the information in the link and you'll find that what you posted IS NOT an average McDonalds, but a generic restaurant.

That is the proprietary information, so apparently it is listed on the internet.

McDonald's corporate has ZERO customers a day. Only individual stores have customers, and that information was from an individual store.

Further, individual stores do not have 7400 customers, more like 1,500.

Again, you claimed that they had these huge profit margins. I just posted the numbers, and it's not there.

Now, you are trying to deflect by switching the argument from the individual store, to the corporation. Fail. That is not an argument. Try again.

That is the proprietary information, so apparently it is listed on the internet.

McDonald's corporate has ZERO customers a day. Only individual stores have customers, and that information was from an individual store.

Again, you claimed that they had these huge profit margins. I just posted the numbers, and it's not there.

Now, you are trying to deflect by switching the argument from the individual store, to the corporation. Fail. That is not an argument. Try again.

When you are qualified (couple million in cash) to see McDonalds information, you sign a non-disclosure form.

McDonalds doesn't have corporate stores?

The average customer spends less than $5.00 each visit?

Why would an investor invest millions to realize a 5.7% return?

When you are qualified (couple million in cash) to see McDonalds information, you sign a non-disclosure form.

The information was released with permission by McDonald corporation.

Can you argue with the data or not? Are you just stalling because you have no other argument?

Why are you asking dumb questions? That is a dumb question. I thought you said you had a business. Business people don't ask questions that dumb.

How do you know much was invested? You don't. You are looking at Return on Investment.

I'm look at the profit margin. The two are not the same, and for you to not know the difference calls into question your competency.

The return on the investment can be high, even if the profit margin is low.

The problem is, you have to pay employees out of the profit margin, not the ROI.

If an investor spend $1 Million into a McDonald's, and earns a return of $200,000 a year, that's only Five years to making a profit on that investment.

That doesn't change the fact, that employees can't be paid out of that. They have to be paid from the profit margin.

You raise the minimum wage, and those profits are gone. No profits, no store. No store, no employees. Wages drop to zero.

Now back to that chart. I have found other sources all indicating the same basic numbers.

You claimed that those profit margins are much higher. Well... prove it, or shut up. It's time for you to actually put up for once. Show some real evidence of your claims, or just shut up about it. You haven't provided anything other than sarcasm, and hearsay for your side. I've provided direct proof of mine. Do you have anything to back up your claims, or are you just another barking chihuahua on the internet? Lots of noise, zero substance.

One Percenter is a nut job, he claims a bunch of crap. His failure is in telling the truth, it seems he just can't.

I think he plays games on his computer all day and mixes fantasy with reality.

The information was released with permission by McDonald corporation.

Can you argue with the data or not? Are you just stalling because you have no other argument?

First: I never saw any permission granted on the chart you posted.

Second: McDonalds doesn't do any third party investing.

Third: Why would anyone with two million to invest accept a 5.8% return? That's chump change.

Fourth: I am qualified to see the real numbers which I have, and those aren't even close.

One Percenter is a nut job, he claims a bunch of crap. His failure is in telling the truth, it seems he just can't.

Yet, you haven't been able to refute anything I've written.

Why are you asking dumb questions? That is a dumb question. I thought you said you had a business. Business people don't ask questions that dumb.

How do you know much was invested? You don't. You are looking at Return on Investment.

I'm look at the profit margin. The two are not the same, and for you to not know the difference calls into question your competency.

The problem is, you have to pay employees out of the profit margin, not the ROI.

If an investor spend $1 Million into a McDonald's, and earns a return of $200,000 a year, that's only Five years to making a profit on that investment.

That doesn't change the fact, that employees can't be paid out of that. They have to be paid from the profit margin.

You raise the minimum wage, and those profits are gone. No profits, no store. No store, no employees. Wages drop to zero.

Now back to that chart. I have found other sources all indicating the same basic numbers.

You claimed that those profit margins are much higher. Well... prove it, or shut up. It's time for you to actually put up for once. Show some real evidence of your claims, or just shut up about it. You haven't provided anything other than sarcasm, and hearsay for your side. I've provided direct proof of mine. Do you have anything to back up your claims, or are you just another barking chihuahua on the internet? Lots of noise, zero substance.

An investor with two million can make a higher rate of return in the market never putting their pants on. Why go through the hassle?

That actually wouldn't surprise me. Remember, McDonald's makes a killing just selling coffee in the morning. When I was a drive through cashier, it was very normal to have a good 30 to 50 customers go through, just for hot coffee. When you include their cheap sausage egg and cheese in the morning, yeah, I can see that the average might be low.

The specific McDonald's that I got the 1500 number from, was a 24/7 McDonald. I wager they get quite a few late night truckers, and possibly some stoners with the munchies coming through with a few bucks in their pocket, picking up a double cheese for $2 at 3 AM.

And when you consider that the most expensive full value meal on the menu, was $7, and the cheapest was under $4, yeah, I can see that the average would be around $5 or less. That wouldn't surprise me much.

In fact, on the rare occasion when I go to McDs, I often just buy 2 of their $2 cheese burgers. $4 is my normal order.

So even my own buying habits would be dragging down the average.

Regardless, if you want to argue with McDonald's corporate, and tell them their numbers are wrong.... by all means. Good luck with that.

You still haven't show where all that magic money is, that can pay burger flippers $23.50 an hour.

An investor with two million can make a higher rate of return in the market never putting their pants on. Why go through the hassle?

Not everyone is as lazy as that statement makes you look.

The McDonald's I worked for, the owner simply liked running the McDonald's. Go ask him why he did it. I don't know, and I don't care.

Regardless of the internal motivations of the people involved, the fact is they don't have $23.50 an hour to pay employees. There is no super secret magic money, that is hidden away. If there is... prove it.

Yet, you haven't been able to refute anything I've written.

You have to actually write something with substance to refute. Saying we haven't refuted your endless unsupported, hearsay accusation.... yeah. We don't bother refuting barfed up puke with zero substance.

Here's what you have done thus far "They have profits you don't know about because I said so!", and "Business can afford $23.50 an hour, because I said so!".

That's about it. You have given nothing but "because I said so" as a support for your wild allegations.

That actually wouldn't surprise me. Remember, McDonald's makes a killing just selling coffee in the morning. When I was a drive through cashier, it was very normal to have a good 30 to 50 customers go through, just for hot coffee. When you include their cheap sausage egg and cheese in the morning, yeah, I can see that the average might be low.

The specific McDonald's that I got the 1500 number from, was a 24/7 McDonald. I wager they get quite a few late night truckers, and possibly some stoners with the munchies coming through with a few bucks in their pocket, picking up a double cheese for $2 at 3 AM.

And when you consider that the most expensive full value meal on the menu, was $7, and the cheapest was under $4, yeah, I can see that the average would be around $5 or less. That wouldn't surprise me much.

In fact, on the rare occasion when I go to McDs, I often just buy 2 of their $2 cheese burgers. $4 is my normal order.

Regardless, if you want to argue with McDonald's corporate, and tell them their numbers are wrong.... by all means. Good luck with that.

You still haven't show where all that magic money is, that can pay burger flippers $23.50 an hour.

What I can tell you looking at your chart without violating any agreement, the costs are over stated.

According to your chart, a $2M investment has a 12+ year ROI. WAY TOO LONG.

How can the people that make an employer ALL of their income make $23.50/hr?

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 300 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure. Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

What I can tell you looking at your chart without violating any agreement, the costs are over stated.

According to your chart, a $2M investment has a 12+ year ROI. WAY TOO LONG.

How can the people that make an employer ALL of their income make $23.50/hr?

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 300 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure. Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

So, you don't have any answer at all, except to repeat your already proven terrible plan, over again. To me, you just said you lost the argument. When you can't argue anything said, and have nothing but to fall back on the horrible plan that led to the discussion, then you lost.

I think this conversation is over. You apparently have nothing to add, but to repeat yourself over again.

Thanks for stopping by. Have nice day.

Forum List

Back