Sean Hannity attacks New York and Atheism but Fails

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
subwaysights.com » Sean Hannity defames New Yorkers

Hannity’s argument is that intolerant leftist New Yorkers are okay with atheists buying subway ads but would be outraged if Christians did the same thing. The problem with this thinking is that Christians have been putting up pro-Christianity ads in the subway for years and nobody cares.

Christian advertising isn’t as omnipresent as Dr. Zizmor’s rainbows, but the average straphanger has seen plenty of it on the train. There are ads for all kinds of competing churches, each offering their own flavor of Christianity and their own path to salvation. One ad even extols the virtues of giving up your life and becoming a Franciscan monk. Meanwhile on the platform, the Jews for Jesus hand out pamphlets, the Latter Day Saints hand out tracts, and the Scientologists give stress tests. There’s even a semi-permanent proselytization center in the Times Square station (among other places).

Of course, Sean Hannity doesn’t factor this into his argument because he doesn’t ride the subway and has no idea what he’s talking about. Christian subway ads exist and New Yorkers couldn’t care less, just like we don’t care about Dr. Zizmor’s potions or ZONI’s English lessons.

The photo above was taken today, by me. There was no outrage spotted on the scene.

The last part I bolded is quoted for truth. Once again, Sean Hannity attacks "the left" and Atheism but does so clearly without the facts in hand. In a battle of wits, as usual, he is unarmed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg28MFD1R84[/ame]

Last edited:

Hannity’s argument is that intolerant leftist New Yorkers are okay with atheists buying subway ads but would be outraged if Christians did the same thing. The problem with this thinking is that Christians have been putting up pro-Christianity ads in the subway for years and nobody cares.

Christian advertising isn’t as omnipresent as Dr. Zizmor’s rainbows, but the average straphanger has seen plenty of it on the train. There are ads for all kinds of competing churches, each offering their own flavor of Christianity and their own path to salvation. One ad even extols the virtues of giving up your life and becoming a Franciscan monk. Meanwhile on the platform, the Jews for Jesus hand out pamphlets, the Latter Day Saints hand out tracts, and the Scientologists give stress tests. There’s even a semi-permanent proselytization center in the Times Square station (among other places).

Of course, Sean Hannity doesn’t factor this into his argument because he doesn’t ride the subway and has no idea what he’s talking about. Christian subway ads exist and New Yorkers couldn’t care less, just like we don’t care about Dr. Zizmor’s potions or ZONI’s English lessons.

The photo above was taken today, by me. There was no outrage spotted on the scene.

The last part I bolded is pretty much quoted for truth. Once again, Sean Hannity attacks "the left" and Atheism but does so clearly without the facts in hand. In a battle of wits, as usual, he is unarmed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg28MFD1R84]YouTube - New York New York by Frank Sinatra[/ame]

Pretty much quoted for truth? Is that like almost a lie but not quite?

Pretty much quoted for truth? Is that like almost a lie but not quite?

Nope, just thought it was a good description.

Then it's clearly not the truth. Either it is truthful or it's not.

I can see it now a guy standing in front the judge being sworn in and after the bailiff asked him, "do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth", the guy then says, "pretty much".

Nope, just thought it was a good description.

I thought you were leaving?

You lied about that?

Some people are just drama queens who say shit for effect. They make promises they don't even intent to keep. I hate that.

:eusa_eh: It's clearly obvious that you never read that thread. I don't post nearly as much I use to. I make a few posts a day for the most part in creating some interesting threads while I check current events on here.

Last edited:

I can see it now a guy standing in front the judge being sworn in and after the bailiff asked him, "do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth", the guy then says, "pretty much".

Let me rephrase it then so you stop being a grammar nazi and avoid the issue at hand: It was a valid description. I notice the entire right wing action in this thread has been attack the messenger, love it. :eusa_whistle:

Let me rephrase it then so you stop being a grammar nazi and avoid the issue at hand: It was a valid description. I notice the entire right wing action in this thread has been attack the messenger, love it. :eusa_whistle:

I'm not attacking you, I'm questioning your honesty. You saying it's "pretty much true", to me means it's equally pretty much not true. You seem to have the same problem the Obama administration has. Neither of you can distinguish between an attack and being questioned on your rhetoric.

Oh and no I didn't read the blog. It's basically another Hannity hater giving his opinion. I'd bet a dime to a dollar there's not one substantiated fact in the entire blog.

Last edited:
I'm not attacking you, I'm questioning your honesty. You saying it's "pretty much true", to me means it's equally pretty much not true. You seem to have the same problem the Obama administration has. Neither of you can distinguish between an attack and being questioned on your rhetoric.

Except you are attacking me. There is no need to question my honesty. I put the sentence a certain way and you acted like I was lying. It's a valid description, if you want to play grammar nazi be my guest. Also, can you Republicans go one thread without bringing up Obama? You call him the Left's Messiah, but he certainly seems like he was yours but disappointed you.

As for the description, it was a valid one, it wasn't "pretty much". There. It's settled. Now do you care to actually comment on the actual thread or are you going to continue your derailing since you don't want to comment on someone on the right doing something stupid.

So Hannity got something wrong. That somehow makes your positions right?

What positions are you talking about? If you're referring to the right to have an Atheism Ad, then yes, it is right. Equal opportunity.

I love Sean Hannity.

And his good buddy, Hal Turner. Real Confederate Americans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEZJFeJw6EE]YouTube - Hannity: Exposing Evidence Obama Unpatriotic[/ame]

So Hannity got something wrong. That somehow makes your positions right?

What positions are you talking about? If you're referring to the right to have an Atheism Ad, then yes, it is right. Equal opportunity.

Im talking about this habit of trying to attack the messenger to somhow indict every position he takes. He is wrong here. Big deal. Doesnt mean he doesnt have valid points elsewhere.

The last part I bolded is quoted for truth. Once again, Sean Hannity attacks "the left" and Atheism but does so clearly without the facts in hand. In a battle of wits, as usual, he is unarmed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg28MFD1R84]YouTube - New York New York by Frank Sinatra[/ame]

Sean Hannity fails at life.

Sean Hannity fails at life.
His salary doesn't reflect that.

Forum List

Back