Seahawks Lead the NFL...

The do lead the league in drug suspensions.

That is easy. It is obvious that the Seattle Seahawks players are the only ones that have consumed any unauthorized drugs this season.

Over the last couple years, the Seahawks lead the league. Look it up, you are the leader.

They lead the league in getting caught. It doesn't bother me as much as it does you. Carroll has stated many times that he will reach out to a player that has made some bad choices in the past in the hopes that he can turn that individual around. As you know..(maybe you do not) a player that has had a dirty UA first goes into treatment and then is targeted for closer scrutiny for the rest of his career. In one of the recent Seahawk suspensions the player got a bad UA then went to play in Canada. His SECOND strike which led to the year long suspension(being challenged) was not for substance abuse but for not reporting to an NFL directive for a UA while he was still playing up North. There is some legality in play wheras the NFL has no authority to demand that Canadian football players that once played in the U S A must travel to the states for UAs.

But like I said it doesn't make me lose any sleep. We have lots of depth at Safety and Corner.

I have no bitch with Carroll how he choses his players as long as the Seahawks don't lose games when one of his rescues goes sideways.

Wasn't Browner the starting cb opposite Sherman and part of the whole Legion of Boom? But now he's not one of the best players?

Sure, these aren't offensive players, but Seattle isn't an offense-first team, either. The Seahawks are signing guys off the street to try and replace what they are losing.

It may not end up hurting them as there are still plenty of good players on both defense and offense, but then again, it could leave a hole in the secondary that hurts them. Time will tell.

When Browner was injured the Seahawk still won games...Seattle is very deep at nearly every position so I don't see a problem, just whining from the peanut galley.

That is easy. It is obvious that the Seattle Seahawks players are the only ones that have consumed any unauthorized drugs this season.

Over the last couple years, the Seahawks lead the league. Look it up, you are the leader.

They lead the league in getting caught. It doesn't bother me as much as it does you. Carroll has stated many times that he will reach out to a player that has made some bad choices in the past in the hopes that he can turn that individual around. As you know..(maybe you do not) a player that has had a dirty UA first goes into treatment and then is targeted for closer scrutiny for the rest of his career. In one of the recent Seahawk suspensions the player got a bad UA then went to play in Canada. His SECOND strike which led to the year long suspension(being challenged) was not for substance abuse but for not reporting to an NFL directive for a UA while he was still playing up North. There is some legality in play wheras the NFL has no authority to demand that Canadian football players that once played in the U S A must travel to the states for UAs.

But like I said it doesn't make me lose any sleep. We have lots of depth at Safety and Corner.

I have no bitch with Carroll how he choses his players as long as the Seahawks don't lose games when one of his rescues goes sideways.

Browner is facing a 1 year suspension. That requires multiple violations. Browner played in the CFL some years back, but has been a Seahawk since 2011. Are you claiming his current suspension is based on something that happened back before his Seahawk days, or are you speaking of a different player?

In either case, you are making excuses. You're right in that it's likely other teams have players using banned substances, but the Seahawks supposedly have now had 7 drug related suspension in the last 3 years.

As to the depth in the secondary, Seattle just signed Perrish Cox and reportedly may look to sign another corner because of the losses of Browner (who was already out with injury, but now may never even play for the team again) and Thurmond.

I still think the Seahawks have to be looked at as the best team in the NFL right now, but damn, you are loathe to admit they have any weaknesses at all. :lol:

in drug suspensions. :eek:

Report: CB Walter Thurmond suspended four games | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times

It seems to be an issue in Seattle.

Huggy I thought you would be all over this being a Seahawk fan and all.

Exciting times for Seattle.

I won't deny it. Seattle folks like to get a buzz on. We made buying and selling and recreational use of pot legal. Fortunately the two guys currently in the dog house for criminal stupidity are not our best or most needed players.

Ring me up for a shot at the panic button when Russel Wilson gets stoned.

Nothing Browner or Thurmund could do for Monday's game will prevent Wilson, Tate, Harvin, Lockett, Lynch, Miller, Baldwin, Robinson or Wilson(TE) from scoring more points than the Saints.

I will offer that Brees will throw for one TD but Seattle is lights out in the red zone. I can't give N O more than three FGs more than that. Brees has small hands. He will toss at least one ..probably two ints in the freezing cold, wet and windy CLink.

But suit yourself. Bet against the Hawks.

Wasn't Browner the starting cb opposite Sherman and part of the whole Legion of Boom? But now he's not one of the best players?

Sure, these aren't offensive players, but Seattle isn't an offense-first team, either. The Seahawks are signing guys off the street to try and replace what they are losing.

It may not end up hurting them as there are still plenty of good players on both defense and offense, but then again, it could leave a hole in the secondary that hurts them. Time will tell.

Huggy is not seeing the whole big picture. just because they are 10 and 1 now he thinks they have scored the home field advantage. Check out who they have left to play.
3 of the 5 are fighting for a play off spot.

When the 49ers Aldon Smith was arrested for both a DUI, possess of drugs and possessing of illegal guns and he has still playing. ....where was the outrage over that?

When the 49ers Aldon Smith was arrested for both a DUI, possess of drugs and possessing of illegal guns and he has still playing. ....where was the outrage over that?

Nobody on here goes on and on and on and on and on and on about the 49ers, so who cares? Not me, now Huggy has how many Seahawk threads that go on and on and on and on and...understand?

And besides, Seattle leads the league in drug suspensions.

The NFL can require it as part as their rules for remaining eligible to play in the NFL. No legality, just a requirement which he failed to live up to, so they suspended him from the NFL. He didn't have to travel, he didn't have to do anything, and the NFL was in their rights to suspend him.

That's one reason Seattle leads the league in this category.

I'm not sure, but I think the NFL can still suspend Smith for that. From what I remember, because he voluntarily checked himself into a rehab clinic they were taking a sort of 'wait and see' approach. If they don't suspend him, and he does anything else, he should immediately be punished.

I don't know if he had any prior violations, whereas Browner was suspended last year for 4 games because of drug issues.

I don't know what's up in Thurmond's case.

All of them are, in my mind, idiots.

Browner is facing a 1 year suspension. That requires multiple violations. Browner played in the CFL some years back, but has been a Seahawk since 2011. Are you claiming his current suspension is based on something that happened back before his Seahawk days, or are you speaking of a different player?

In either case, you are making excuses. You're right in that it's likely other teams have players using banned substances, but the Seahawks supposedly have now had 7 drug related suspension in the last 3 years.

As to the depth in the secondary, Seattle just signed Perrish Cox and reportedly may look to sign another corner because of the losses of Browner (who was already out with injury, but now may never even play for the team again) and Thurmond.

I still think the Seahawks have to be looked at as the best team in the NFL right now, but damn, you are loathe to admit they have any weaknesses at all. :lol:

Why would I need to make excuses? That's rediculous. And Yes ..Browner was I believe a Bronco when he failed a UA. Then he played in Canada.. during the time he was in Canada he failed to take a UA from his US NFL drug tracking program. I don't know the whole story but I will assume his agent or some other advisor indicated to him that he was not obligated to follow up on NFL requirements when he was no longer playing under thier jurisdiction. Anyway the failure to take a UA in the U S was his second strike. He failed another U A as a Seahawk apparently and that led to the one year suspension. Browner is negotiating with the NFL and from what I have heard his one year suspension will be reduced to the standard 4 game suspension for a second offense.

As for Seahawks weaknesses.. You are correct that I rarely speak of them. I did rail on Sweezy for mailing in his assignment to engage the Colt's lineman that didn't even have to leave his feet to block the FG that was recovered and taken to the end zone for 6+1=7 pts plus the 3 from the blocked FG making a ten point swing that was 4 pts more than enough to win the game at Indy. Carroll himself has reminded those attending his press conferences of his angst from that particular play. Sweezy just let an average D lineman push him back close enough that the guy only had to raise his hand to block the FG.

But it is true than other than having to play 3 out of five 2nd stringers on the O-Line for 7 games there has been little to criticise about the team.

Maybe penalties.. I would like to see fewer penalties like holding from the O-Linemen. There is no purpose because Wilson can easily escape the pocket and extend the play just about whenever he needs to. The aggressive pass interference penalties don't trouble me as much as it is just the cost of doing business with our DB's style of play. There is far more benefit from the intimidation from players like Sherman than what is lost from a few ticky tacky calls the refs impose. For the most part the dumb ass penalties like a lineman jumping ahead of the snap rarely happens to the Seahawks.

Sorry but the record speaks for itself. There really isn't THAT much to criticise. The Seahawks have had some close games and come from as much as 22 pts down to win but that's a good thing. Only a small handfull of teams could do that. 99% of the time a team gets behind by more than 3 TDs at the half and it's lights out. Thing is that the ball bounces funny and weird shit happens and before ya know it even a good team can get behind quickly. It's the rare team that can right the ship and steal back victory when defeat is almost certain.

I won't deny it. Seattle folks like to get a buzz on. We made buying and selling and recreational use of pot legal. Fortunately the two guys currently in the dog house for criminal stupidity are not our best or most needed players.

Ring me up for a shot at the panic button when Russel Wilson gets stoned.

Nothing Browner or Thurmund could do for Monday's game will prevent Wilson, Tate, Harvin, Lockett, Lynch, Miller, Baldwin, Robinson or Wilson(TE) from scoring more points than the Saints.

I will offer that Brees will throw for one TD but Seattle is lights out in the red zone. I can't give N O more than three FGs more than that. Brees has small hands. He will toss at least one ..probably two ints in the freezing cold, wet and windy CLink.

But suit yourself. Bet against the Hawks.

Huggy is not seeing the whole big picture. just because they are 10 and 1 now he thinks they have scored the home field advantage. Check out who they have left to play.
3 of the 5 are fighting for a play off spot.

That is because I am blind and stupid. Part of the "Big Picture" I choose to recognise is that 3 out of the five remaining teams we have to face we have already beaten...two of them in thier own stadiums..and spanked the 9ers 29-3 when they were at full strength in game two after they smacked around GB WITH Rodgers. The Seahawks have the 49ers number plain and simple. 42-13...29-3.. Let's just say that the Kaepernick led 9ers don't match up well with the Seahawks and leave it at that.

Have YOU seen the Giants play? Even your Panthers laid a 38 burger on them to nothing.

Eli Manning USED to be a good QB. They USED to have a great defense. I would be SHOCKED if the Giants defeat the Hawks even in NY.

The Cardinals and Rams don't stand much of a chance at the CLink. Last year we beat the Cardinals 58 to zippola and toyed with the Rams until Wilson just does what Wilson does and put em away in the second half.

Honestly I see this game on Monday as the only serious test of my Hawks in what's left of the regular season.

Now the playoffs are another feather on a different bird because every team thinks they only have to win a couple of games and they are in the big show. Players get the crazy idea that they have a real chance and they play like there is no tomorrow.

Nobody on here goes on and on and on and on and on and on about the 49ers, so who cares? Not me, now Huggy has how many Seahawk threads that go on and on and on and on and...understand?

You are free to support any team you wish as often as you wish.

Yes, we are and we are free to go after any team we wish.

Yes you are and I am glad you finally got off the "pot" as it were and want to discuss a catagory that Seattle does NOT lead in.

Going after other teams.

What team is it that instructed it's players to injure other teams players?

Oh ya ... that's right. The Saints. I find it ironic that you constantly belittle Carroll but the truth is that Sean Payton is the only coach in this game to be banned from contact with his team for a year for the truly heinous business of attempting to cause physical harm to NFL players.

Yes you are and I am glad you finally got off the "pot" as it were and want to discuss a catagory that Seattle does NOT lead in.

Going after other teams.

Oh ya ... that's right. The Saints. I find it ironic that you constantly belittle Carroll but the truth is that Sean Payton is the only coach in this game to be banned from contact with his team for a year for the truly heinous business of attempting to cause physical harm to NFL players.

If you ask ex-NFL players, it has been going on for a long, long time. I read a book in the 70's where teams would key in on an opponents sore spots and try to take them out. It is called physical play. NFL insiders to. A person, have said what the Saints were doing, was going on all a long by most if not all teams. I would venture to guess that it still goes on. The NFL just cya'd on New Orleans.

Carroll cheated, he left USC because he got caught, live in your delusional world of the God Peter. All hail Petey! Because cheating is cool only if you win. You'd be the first to crucify him if he was losing. You are like any other homer.

Going after other teams.

If you ask ex-NFL players, it has been going on for a long, long time. I read a book in the 70's where teams would key in on an opponents sore spots and try to take them out. It is called physical play. NFL insiders to. A person, have said what the Saints were doing, was going on all a long by most if not all teams. I would venture to guess that it still goes on. The NFL just cya'd on New Orleans.

Carroll cheated, he left USC because he got caught, live in your delusional world of the God Peter. All hail Petey! Because cheating is cool only if you win. You'd be the first to crucify him if he was losing. You are like any other homer.

Ya... wanting to win sets me apart from most fans. Got ME there. :lol:

You may find this difficult to swallow but I actually like Carroll. Except his nose. His nose is strangely deformed. It is so badly deformed that at least to me it is uncomfortable to look at his face.

As far as your preoccupation with what happened at USC I am in the camp of blaming the player and the booster and Bush's mother for trying to take advantage of the system behind Carroll's back.

I can't see what Carroll got from Bush's cheating. Carroll isn't stupid as you have so generously already noted. Why would he purposely allow behavior that would clearly put himself at odds with the NCAA?

Since "God Petey" has been up here in Seattle he has always said the right things. He has improved the team.

The drug abuse has been unfortunate but I blame the individuals involved a whole lot more than Carroll.

If you were aware as I am of the layers upon layers of councellors and people on staff trying to steer the players towards improvement in both thier on and off the field lives you wouldn't be as focused on what evil you believe Carroll brings to the team.

Why would I need to make excuses? That's rediculous. And Yes ..Browner was I believe a Bronco when he failed a UA. Then he played in Canada.. during the time he was in Canada he failed to take a UA from his US NFL drug tracking program. I don't know the whole story but I will assume his agent or some other advisor indicated to him that he was not obligated to follow up on NFL requirements when he was no longer playing under thier jurisdiction. Anyway the failure to take a UA in the U S was his second strike. He failed another U A as a Seahawk apparently and that led to the one year suspension. Browner is negotiating with the NFL and from what I have heard his one year suspension will be reduced to the standard 4 game suspension for a second offense.

As for Seahawks weaknesses.. You are correct that I rarely speak of them. I did rail on Sweezy for mailing in his assignment to engage the Colt's lineman that didn't even have to leave his feet to block the FG that was recovered and taken to the end zone for 6+1=7 pts plus the 3 from the blocked FG making a ten point swing that was 4 pts more than enough to win the game at Indy. Carroll himself has reminded those attending his press conferences of his angst from that particular play. Sweezy just let an average D lineman push him back close enough that the guy only had to raise his hand to block the FG.

But it is true than other than having to play 3 out of five 2nd stringers on the O-Line for 7 games there has been little to criticise about the team.

Maybe penalties.. I would like to see fewer penalties like holding from the O-Linemen. There is no purpose because Wilson can easily escape the pocket and extend the play just about whenever he needs to. The aggressive pass interference penalties don't trouble me as much as it is just the cost of doing business with our DB's style of play. There is far more benefit from the intimidation from players like Sherman than what is lost from a few ticky tacky calls the refs impose. For the most part the dumb ass penalties like a lineman jumping ahead of the snap rarely happens to the Seahawks.

Sorry but the record speaks for itself. There really isn't THAT much to criticise. The Seahawks have had some close games and come from as much as 22 pts down to win but that's a good thing. Only a small handfull of teams could do that. 99% of the time a team gets behind by more than 3 TDs at the half and it's lights out. Thing is that the ball bounces funny and weird shit happens and before ya know it even a good team can get behind quickly. It's the rare team that can right the ship and steal back victory when defeat is almost certain.

I just found an article describing what you are saying about Browner.

Maybe it's true and he has an argument. On the other hand, he was just suspended last year for PED use, and apparently the NFL treats those things separately. So he's had multiple strikes in two different drug use categories. Hard to feel any sort of sympathy for his case. ;)

Forum List

Back