Sea level canal through Oman?

It seems that transiting the Strait of Hormuz will continue to be risky for international shipping, at least as long as the current regime in Iran stays in power. What would be the cost and technical difficulty of digging a sea level canal through the Oman peninsula? The obvious benefit would be that it would create a shipping lane farther away from Iran and more defensible against Iranian disruption, especially if a permanent military installation was located nearby.

What do you think of this idea?
What Oman peninsula? Bea lot quicker to nuke nuke nuke Iran

It would also have to pass through the UAE.
You'd also only be gaining 40 extra nautical miles distance from Iran while having the expense of cutting a fifty mile long channel.
What stops Iran from destroying the canal? A US war with Iran would last what 2 hours

It seems that transiting the Strait of Hormuz will continue to be risky for international shipping, at least as long as the current regime in Iran stays in power. What would be the cost and technical difficulty of digging a sea level canal through the Oman peninsula? The obvious benefit would be that it would create a shipping lane farther away from Iran and more defensible against Iranian disruption, especially if a permanent military installation was located nearby.

You'd also only be gaining 40 extra nautical miles distance from Iran while having the expense of cutting a fifty mile long channel.
What stops Iran from destroying the canal? A US war with Iran would last what 2 hours

You should probably read my previous posts.

Digging a canal from the gulf of Oman to the Persian gulf is a useless, worthless and braindead idea
Google Maps
Persian_Gulf_lg.png

Digging a canal from the gulf of Oman to the Persian gulf is a useless, worthless and braindead idea
Google Maps
Persian_Gulf_lg.png

I agree.
Why are you telling me something I've already posted?....multiple times.

Google Maps
Persian_Gulf_lg.png

No shit rookie....learn how to follow a thread before dissing someone.

Google Maps
Persian_Gulf_lg.png

I agree.
Why are you telling me something I've already posted?....multiple times.
Why exactly does it anger you when people agree with you?
Time for anger management class

Google Maps
Persian_Gulf_lg.png

No shit rookie....learn how to follow a thread before dissing someone.
Take your pills Mr. fourth string.

Must be frustrating being you

Forum List

Back