Screw Cable TV Service..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I've finally had enough of these rising rate charges on a service and hundreds of channels I never watch with the same old movies over and over again.. sheesh.

Soooo it's cancel time....screw those pikers

Granted, I will miss some news and sports channels, dang it, but not the $186.00 a month bill..

Oh my lord Lumpy !
That is outrageous !!!!!!!!!!
You should go with Dish Network
DISH Network Packages - Price Comparison. Prices start $24.99/mo
We have been customers for years.
They try really hard to keep the cost down.

Up here on the mountain we have one cable provider and they take full advantage. I'll check into Dish network. Here in California I've noticed you can get descent rates elsewhere but now their requiring a 2 year contract, which I refuse to engage in..

I'm thinking I'll retain high speed internet service, netflix and most of my wants I can receive through a PC.

Oh my lord Lumpy !
That is outrageous !!!!!!!!!!
You should go with Dish Network
DISH Network Packages - Price Comparison. Prices start $24.99/mo
We have been customers for years.
They try really hard to keep the cost down.

Up here on the mountain we have one cable provider and they take full advantage. I'll check into Dish network. Here in California I've noticed you can get descent rates elsewhere but now their requiring a 2 year contract, which I refuse to engage in..

I'm thinking I'll retain high speed internet service, netflix and most of my wants I can receive through a PC.
I pay about $65 for my internet through ComCast. Ditched the cable TV a few days after new years, I don't miss it at all.

I jettisoned cable TV after the kids left.

With the internet offering pretty much everything on TV, anyway, I really don't miss it.

I only wish I'd gotten rid of it years before I finally did.

Get you television hooked up to an ethernet cable coming from your router, either via the tv itself or through an xbox or dvd player.

There's a lot of cable tv packages being rolled out soon through the internet for really cheap, as opposed to actual cable companies or sattellite.

Call them and tell them you're cancelling. Then ask if they will do anything for you to reconsider. They often will cut your rate.

We tried that and I can get a reduction of around $36.00 if we sign a 2 year contract which I'm just not willing to do..and I don't feel it's worth it anyway. If you decide to break the contract the cost is $220.00..

When we re-installed the service 1 1/2 years ago the charge for internet & TV cable was around $80.00 bucks. We used to stop the service for a couple months and then re-install to get the special 1 year rates. Now it's $30.00 to disconnect and you have to sign a 2 year contract to get the special rates for 1 yr....

eh..I hate being jerked around, that's really the point.

You get a choice of packages don't you? Drop the movie package, the sports specials and stick to the basics. I have a Directv dish with just the basics and an option fo download netflix movies instantly at a reasonable monthly price. If you like TV it's the best option.

Forum List

Back