Screenwriter: ‘Everybody knew,’ but kept quiet about Weinstein

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Refreshing to see some candid comments and an acknowledgement that many were complicit in these abuses of other human beings.

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/scre...60.1054849662.1508255836-973385328.1473937077

A screenwriter who worked closely with Harvey Weinstein says “everybody” around the movie mogul knew was a serial sex pest — and is calling out his colleagues who are now claiming ignorance.

“Everybody-f–king-knew,” wrote “Beautiful Girls” director Scott Rosenberg in an explosive Facebook post, according to Deadline Hollywood.

“And do you know how I am sure this is true? Because I was there. And I saw you. And I talked about it with you. You, the big producers; you, the big directors; you, the big agents; you, the big financiers.”

The director of the 1996 rom-com says he didn’t know about the rape allegations again Weinstein, but “everyone knew someone who had been on the receiving end of lewd advances by him” — creepy hotel meetings, massage requests and “repugnant bathrobe-shucking.”

But, he says, no one ever said anything because “Harvey was showing us the best of times.”

“Meetings with Vice President Gore! Clubbing with Quentin and Uma! Drinks with Salman Rushdie and Ralph Fiennes! Dinners with Mick Jagger and Warren-freaking-Beatty!” he writes.

Rosenberg says he’s friends with actresses Mira Sorvino and Rose McGowan — both Weinstein accusers — and now feels “sorry and ashamed” that he was “complicit.”

“Harvey was nothing but wonderful to me. So I reaped the rewards and I kept my mouth shut. And for that, once again, I am sorry,” he wrote.

“But you should be sorry, too,” he adds to his tinsel-town colleagues. “With all these victims speaking up…To tell their tales. Shouldn’t those who witnessed it from the sidelines do the same? Instead of retreating to the cowardly, canopied confines of faux-outrage?”

New Topics

Forum List

Back