Scrap the Cap

Look at the ss tax like this. Working people pay a much higher percentage of their total income than the rich do.

Look at the ss tax like this. Working people pay a much higher percentage of their total income than the rich do.

"Working people" pay a much higher percentage of their total income for food & housing too, what's the solution for that one? adjust the price of food & housing based on income level?

Apparently it hasn't occurred to some people that if you raise the payroll tax cap, you also have to raise the PIA, which means that "the rich" end up getting a higher payout when they begin collecting benefits. The alternative is an exclusion on income above a certain level calculated toward the PIA which is essentially turning the social security program into another INCOME TAX and thus giving even more ammunition to those that want to abolish social security altogether.

Last edited:
I remember one year, while obama was in office, that there was no col raise for ss, but the military got one. Go figure.
Simple answer.

You sit around on your lazy butt with your hand out looking for another freebee.

While the members of the military are actually out doing something.

See the difference.......??

I remember one year, while obama was in office, that there was no col raise for ss, but the military got one. Go figure.
Simple answer.

You sit around on your lazy butt with your hand out looking for another freebee.

While the members of the military are actually out doing something.

See the difference.......??

Point of order, Social Security isn't a "freebee" people pay in based on the promise that they'll eventually receive benefits at retirement (i.e. an Annuity), it's a raw deal for those that actually have the discipline to plan & save for their own retirements but still it's not a hand out.

The funny part is that the OP has spent this thread helping to make the argument for those of us that want to see it abolished and he/she doesn't even realize it. :lol:

All earnings belong first to the government and I should feel blessed for any portion I'm allowed to keep. Bless Obama for spreading the wealth. Amen!
(Sarcasm)

There should not be a cap on what the rich pay in social security taxes.

Please sign the petition.

Happy Birthday, Social Security - Now Let's Finally Give You A Raise

Welfare for the wealthy has to end.

Lowering taxes for the rich and raising them on the middle class is what the Republicans are all about.

Explain exactly how the current SS system is a ’welfare for the wealthy’ program because that statement is completely asinine.

Forum List

Back