SCOTUS Obamacare Ruling To Tank Drump Sanctuary Cities Nonsense

meh, the Feds have done this before, ala highway funds and enforcement of speed limits, blood alcohol levels etc.

I'm too lazy to go looking for case law/examples, but from what I remember the funding in question has to somehow be tied to purpose for which is intended. For instance in the case of blood alcohol levels the feds could withhold federal money from the federal highway fund etc. but couldn't just indiscriminately cut money wherever it wanted.

this is potentially a lot more broad, IMO, but most likely it would start with money for law enforcement to get an inroad and then expand from there. it may have to go through congress first to codify a statute or something, but that's likely doable, given the broad support on the right, and the majority in both houses right now.

that doesn't mean it won't go to court, because it certainly will, but the guvmint has some options that are rooted in precedent here....
Just JAIL the offenders (mayors, County officials, governors) - keep it simple.

I agree. Start making those making the decisions pay the price and they'll think twice about doing it, or something similar, again.

Problem is these types of people never pay an actual price. Wall Street crashed the global economy in 2008. Millions lost their jobs, thousands were wiped out financially, lost their homes etc.

People jailed for this carnage? Absolutely zero. What's the message there? Go right the fuck ahead and do it again, but keep your lawyer's card handy.

It's a damn joke....

meh, the Feds have done this before, ala highway funds and enforcement of speed limits, blood alcohol levels etc.

I'm too lazy to go looking for case law/examples, but from what I remember the funding in question has to somehow be tied to purpose for which is intended. For instance in the case of blood alcohol levels the feds could withhold federal money from the federal highway fund etc. but couldn't just indiscriminately cut money wherever it wanted.

this is potentially a lot more broad, IMO, but most likely it would start with money for law enforcement to get an inroad and then expand from there. it may have to go through congress first to codify a statute or something, but that's likely doable, given the broad support on the right, and the majority in both houses right now.

that doesn't mean it won't go to court, because it certainly will, but the guvmint has some options that are rooted in precedent here....
Jail everyone who doesn't agree with me won't resolve anything shoog.

I agree. Start making those making the decisions pay the price and they'll think twice about doing it, or something similar, again.

Problem is these types of people never pay an actual price. Wall Street crashed the global economy in 2008. Millions lost their jobs, thousands were wiped out financially, lost their homes etc.

People jailed for this carnage? Absolutely zero. What's the message there? Go right the fuck ahead and do it again, but keep your lawyer's card handy.

It's a damn joke....
And Don's making it easier for them. Regardless of who anyone votes for, Goldman Sachs is always all up in the white house. Odd that.

Jail everyone who doesn't agree with me won't resolve anything shoog.

No it wouldn't, but who's talking about that (other than you ? :laugh:)

But jailing those who break the LAW regarding sanctuary cities WILL resolve that type of lawbreaking. Only reason it's been happening is because the 3 last president we've had have allowed it to. That must stop now.

"Any person who, knowing that an alien has come to the U.S. in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection such alien in any place, including any building… shall be imprisoned not more than 5 years.”
(8 U.S. Code, section 1324)

Sanctuary City Leaders Should be IMPRISONED

Forum List

Back