SCOTUS: Kentucky clerk must issue same-sex marriage licenses

Just make the names and addresses of every couple getting a marriage license public record. Put it in the newspaper.
Most places they do. And even if they do not put them in a newspaper, they are matters of public record. That is kind of why she has absolutely no basis to refuse to issue them, any more than she can refuse to do the other parts of her job. She works for the public and cannot decide that some laws simply will not apply.

You know guno what is it with you and the thrill of this?

We have sanctionary cities

We have entire states breaking a federal law...

Yet you jump up and joy after one person?

Creepy and weird.
No he jumps for joy for about ~10,000,000 people.

That many homos in that Kentucky county?

It must be home to you, I will avoide it.

She is refusing to marry anyone, regardless of their sexuality.
She wants to make sure there are enough single men when she is ready for hubbie #5.

Just make the names and addresses of every couple getting a marriage license public record. Put it in the newspaper.

It is already a matter of public record and these licenses are printed in newspapers. What does this have to do with a thrice divorced elected official refusing to issue marriage license to anyone in her county? Oh wait...nothing.

Most places they do. And even if they do not put them in a newspaper, they are matters of public record. That is kind of why she has absolutely no basis to refuse to issue them, any more than she can refuse to do the other parts of her job. She works for the public and cannot decide that some laws simply will not apply.

Why not? Obama has being doing that for 7 years now.

Marriages are already public record. You can go to the County Clerks office and review them under open access laws.

Newspapers as private news sources are free to already do that.

Just wondering though what you want to achieve?

>>>>

If the cluck further refuses but the clucks ass in jail

The Supreme Court on Monday night denied an emergency application from a Kentucky clerk who has been refusing to issue marriage licenses because of her religious objections to same-sex marriage.

Kentucky clerk must issue same-sex marriage licenses - CNNPolitics.com
I call upon all clerks to petetion the court to block compliance due to religious objections. In the meantime halting all license requests from gays. This will slow down the process.

Since her conscience would be bothered by gay marriage...I guess it would be in her soul's best interest to resign and find another job that fits her religious belief better.

But we know what it is all about, its a show put on by the fundy christians to make a point
You have the right to petition the Court but she doesn't? It doesn't work that way. 3143 Country Clerks to go.

Since her conscience would be bothered by gay marriage...I guess it would be in her soul's best interest to resign and find another job that fits her religious belief better.

But we know what it is all about, its a show put on by the fundy christians to make a point
You have the right to petition the Court but she doesn't? It doesn't work that way.

She did. All the way to the SCOTUS and was rebuffed each time.

The Supreme Court on Monday night denied an emergency application from a Kentucky clerk who has been refusing to issue marriage licenses because of her religious objections to same-sex marriage.

I call upon all clerks to petetion the court to block compliance due to religious objections. In the meantime halting all license requests from gays. This will slow down the process.

Most county clerks don't have a problem issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

635721274864338630-MarriageMap.png

No, he has not. He has not refused to enforce a single law. But, I am sure you believe otherwise. And, when a Judge in Texas ruled that the administration's view of its authority regarding the law was incorrect, the Administration complied with that ruling. If some think he is not following the law, they need to take him to court. If they win, he will certainly abide by any court ruling. Until there is a court ruling that the administration is not obeying the law, the law is being followed.

You know guno what is it with you and the thrill of this?

We have sanctionary cities

We have entire states breaking a federal law...

Yet you jump up and joy after one person?

Creepy and weird.
"Sanctionary cities?" Care to explain that one?

Don't play stupid with me, I work 3rd shift ... Drinking a beer or two and fishing....
A beer or two does not explain your stupid posts, and I am not referring to you spelling.

Why do you want to slow down the process?

Of course she is a martyr for her group. Luddly, you get martyred every time you start an anti-Godist rant, and we throw your arguments into the gutter. Martyrs come in all shapes, sizes, and opinion,

Post links to all my "anti-godist rants".

I dare you.

You making this a personal attack isn't very "godist" and its not the point.

She is part of a hate group. She's welcome to her beliefs but that does not give her the right to disobey the law.

You have the right to petition the Court but she doesn't? It doesn't work that way. 3143 Country Clerks to go.
She did petition the Court. She lost. And that ruling applies to every other clerk. You don't know much about the law, do you?

Fortunately, all but one of them is not as fucking stupid as you and Ms. Davis.

No, he has not. He has not refused to enforce a single law. But, I am sure you believe otherwise. And, when a Judge in Texas ruled that the administration's view of its authority regarding the law was incorrect, the Administration complied with that ruling. If some think he is not following the law, they need to take him to court. If they win, he will certainly abide by any court ruling. Until there is a court ruling that the administration is not obeying the law, the law is being followed.

From the New Republic:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/...on-policy-lawful-he-can-enforce-what-he-wants

They admit he does it, and they are OK with it.

Nah, she is a martyr for her cause.

If the law must severly speak, the clerk will wretchdly weep

A "martyr" for the "cause" of a hate group?

Nonsense.

Just like everyone else, she should follow the law or face the consequences.
First get your president following the laws
Oh...I thought you were a United States citizen. Apparently not. So, what makes you think your opinion on our laws matters?

Nah, she is a martyr for her cause.

If the law must severly speak, the clerk will wretchdly weep

A "martyr" for the "cause" of a hate group?

Nonsense.

Just like everyone else, she should follow the law or face the consequences.
First get your president following the laws
He does. When a Texas Court found he acted beyond his authority on immigration, the administration obeyed that order, while appealing it.

Forum List

Back