SCOTUS And Union Dues

SCOTUS will rule in favor of -

• The workers

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • The unions

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure. I truly hope it's the Union side. If not, then many of these Unions are going to find that they cannot self-finance and are likely to go under, which will leave their members at the mercy of companies that have no social or national conscience; which will be bad for everyone.

Not sure. I truly hope it's the Union side. If not, then many of these Unions are going to find that they cannot self-finance and are likely to go under, which will leave their members at the mercy of companies that have no social or national conscience; which will be bad for everyone.
How is it then that companies that are not unionized have long term successful employees?

Unions are an extortion for work racket. And they often support political candidates and parties. Which really sucks when theyre using your money to support a candidate, or party your not voting for.

How is it then that companies that are not unionized have long term successful employees?
maybe those companies take decent care of their workers.....

I do not believe the gov't should force anyone to pay dues to a union. It's enough we gotta pay taxes for stuff we don't like.
the govt does that?....i worked in the Post Office and Union membership was voluntary....

My understanding is that at least in some places you don't have to be a member but you do have to pay union dues whether you are a member or not. Some places they automatically deduct the dues from your paycheck before you even see the money.

In my experience, most of the large companies I've dealt with don't have long term successful employees, unless those individuals end up as part of the Management team. Small companies are often exceptions, but the larger companies really don't seem to care most of the time.

I know personally that my employer was far more willing to and capable of doing wrong by me and my fellow Engineering employees back when we were "management" (non-union) employees. Now that we're Unionized, they have a set of rules they're required to follow, whether they like it or not. Considering the way they're still treating their employees, my guess is "or not".

Decision tomorrow. Whaddaya think? Yea or nay?

Place your bets.
I'm no fan of unions. Public unions should be outlawed, while private unions, while worthless IMHO, are protected under the Constitution as part of the freedom of assembly and free association.

The SCOTUS will rule in favor of the Unions, even though what the unions are doing is not much below extortion.

I do not believe the gov't should force anyone to pay dues to a union. It's enough we gotta pay taxes for stuff we don't like.
The unions should not have the power to tax nonmembers.

AND membership should be voluntary. Which also means the union should not have to represent non-members in contract negotiations.

The last thing the higher ups want to do is rile up the none union workers.
They start jacking them and they're liable to join the union.

the govt does that?....i worked in the Post Office and Union membership was voluntary....

My understanding is that at least in some places you don't have to be a member but you do have to pay union dues whether you are a member or not. Some places they automatically deduct the dues from your paycheck before you even see the money.
yes, not much better than extortion as 'protection' money. Little difference between the unions doing this and a mobster sending out hired muscle to shake down the neighborhood businesses.

Still, I think that the SCOTUS will rule in favor of the unions.

yes, not much better than extortion as 'protection' money. Little difference between the unions doing this and a mobster sending out hired muscle to shake down the neighborhood businesses.

Still, I think that the SCOTUS will rule in favor of the unions.

Can't see why they'd rule in favor of public unions, what justification could they have to do that?

I'm a Union member and I definitely do not see it that way. The Union provides me with a definitive job description, rates of pay and working conditions by negotiating those things with my employer as a group. We have far more as part of the Union than we ever did when we were non-represented employees.

Forum List

Back