Scott Walker Busted on video

National Labor Relations Act of 1935, visited and upheld by the USSC in Texas & N.O.R. Co. v. Brotherhood of Railway Clerks.

Anything else I can help you with?

If you want a more recent case, I guess we could use Citizens United, which found that a Union is a person, and therefor has unlimited Free Speech per the First Amendment. This would naturally mean all First Amendment rights are protected for a Union, which would mean right to assembly.

They have all the speech they like (as the rest of us do)...BUT they do NOT have a right to foist thier beliefs on the rest of us since THEY are a clear minority of the working population...

Get it?

Obviously. And no one has said they can.

If you want a more recent case, I guess we could use Citizens United, which found that a Union is a person, and therefor has unlimited Free Speech per the First Amendment. This would naturally mean all First Amendment rights are protected for a Union, which would mean right to assembly.

They have all the speech they like (as the rest of us do)...BUT they do NOT have a right to foist thier beliefs on the rest of us since THEY are a clear minority of the working population...

Get it?

Obviously. And no one has said they can.

Apparently...you did assert it...

The Supreme Court disagrees with you.

Please cite the Supreme Court case where they decided that peaceful assembly and free speech means collective bargaining.

National Labor Relations Act of 1935, visited and upheld by the USSC in Texas & N.O.R. Co. v. Brotherhood of Railway Clerks.

Yeah, you can actually show me WHERE in that case the SCOTUS says that free speech and right to assemble MEANS collective bargaining. If it did, then Walkers budget that stripped collective bargaining rights from public sector workers would have been ruled unconstitutional.

Moron.

EDIT:

You total moron...
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/281/548/case.html
This was about representation, not the right to assemble, or express free speech. NOWHERE in this decision does the SCOTUS say that the right to assemble or to free speech EQUALS or means the same as collective bargaining.

Last edited:
Please cite the Supreme Court case where they decided that peaceful assembly and free speech means collective bargaining.

Yeah, you can actually show me WHERE in that case the SCOTUS says that free speech and right to assemble MEANS collective bargaining. If it did, then Walkers budget that stripped collective bargaining rights from public sector workers would have been ruled unconstitutional.

Moron.

EDIT:

You total moron...
Texas & New Orleans R. Co. v. Brotherhood of Ry. Clerks - 281 U.S. 548 (1930) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center
This was about representation, not the right to assemble, or express free speech. NOWHERE in this decision does the SCOTUS say that the right to assemble or to free speech EQUALS or means the same as collective bargaining.

Do you understand how the Court works? Free speech and Assembly were the grounds for the law that was passed. The law went to the Supreme Court and they did NOT disagree and did NOT strike it down. That's the Court affirming and agreeing with the basis of the law.

Not to mention, it's fucking common sense!! A person has a right to assemble. People have the right to free speech. The fact that you think they don't have the right to do both at the same time ... well ... I can't help your being stupid.

Moron.

EDIT:

You total moron...
Texas & New Orleans R. Co. v. Brotherhood of Ry. Clerks - 281 U.S. 548 (1930) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

Do you understand how the Court works? Free speech and Assembly were the grounds for the law that was passed. The law went to the Supreme Court and they did NOT disagree and did NOT strike it down. That's the Court affirming and agreeing with the basis of the law.

Not to mention, it's fucking common sense!! A person has a right to assemble. People have the right to free speech. The fact that you think they don't have the right to do both at the same time ... well ... I can't help your being stupid.

and the ONLY way people can make use of those rights is via collective bargaining? You're a simpleton of the highest magnitude.

No one prevented anyone from assembling with anyone they wanted. No one was prevented from speaking.

'Assembly' does NOT equal 'representation', you brainless buffoon.

Why was Walkers budget stripping collective bargaining rights not struck down by the courts, if preventing the public sector workers from exercising collective bargaining was equal to preventing them from speaking or assembling?

and the ONLY way people can make use of those rights is via collective bargaining? You're a simpleton of the highest magnitude.
I never made that claim. You certainly do enjoy making things up.
Why was Walkers budget stripping collective bargaining rights not struck down by the courts, if preventing the public sector workers from exercising collective bargaining was equal to preventing them from speaking or assembling?
An excellent question. Some parts have been struck down already. I would assume since there are cases still pending, we have yet to see how this will all play out.

I never made that claim. You certainly do enjoy making things up.
An excellent question. Some parts have been struck down already. I would assume since there are cases still pending, we have yet to see how this will all play out.

Please link to the cases still pending on the constitutionality of walkers budget in regards to stripping public sector employees of collective bargaining.

EDIT:
you know, it's just easier to call you stupid and do it myself...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/123859034.html
Acting with unusual speed, the state Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the reinstatement of Gov. Scott Walker's controversial plan to end most collective bargaining for tens of thousands of public workers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back