Scott Brown - Where does he really stand on the issues?

Are the DNC nutters already criticizing the guy? He just got in there for God's sake. At least wait til he does something before ragging on the poor guy. My God,Ted Kennedy actually killed a poor young girl and you DNC nutters gave him the benefit of the doubt all the time. Man,what a bunch of kooks.

Supports 30,000 more troops in Afghanistan

===============

On another thread, someone wrote that Brown will push for getting us out of Afghanistan. Clearly that is NOT his position.

I didn't vote for Brown, but I'm not sure how anyone could disagree with his (and Obama's) position unless, of course you agree with Coakly, and believe the threat of radical islamist fundamentalism taking root in Afghanistan is imaginary:

Finish the job in Afghanistan: keep Taliban and al-Qaeda out
Q: On the president's speech about Afghanistan [increasing troops by 30,000 and establishing a withdrawal date in 2011], what do you think we should be doing in Afghanistan?
A: I've always felt that we should rely on the generals on the ground, who hav called for an increase in troops. I think we need to provide the resources and tools to our men and women to keep them safe, and the tools to finish the job. That area once again become an exporting area for terrorism around the region and the world.

Q: What do you think the job is?

A: This is very clear: it's to make sure that the Taliban and al-Qaeda cannot once again join forces and take over that area. [If we don't finish that job], they will immediately come back in, and then move on Pakistan--and with its nuclear weapons we'[d have a much larger problem.

Last edited:
ws-that-guy.gif

[SIZE=+1]Confirmed: Americans Stupid[/SIZE]
Link
Excerpt:
Republican Party. One in two know the Democratic leader of the US Senate.

Health care? Fewer than one in three know that no Republicans voted for the Senate health care overhaul. Half of Americans don't even know that Stephen Colbert is a comedian.
Only one in three Democrats knew that Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) was the Democratic leader.

I think he's against ditching a mistress in 20 feet of water.
Hmmmmmm ... you'd hope ... but ... if she was raped and the emergency room personal decided their religion was more important than hers and refused to give her the 48 hour pill, Brown would be A-Okay with that.

I wonder what Brown's first scandal will be?

This post sounds misinformed anguille.

You are taking the ammendment to the bill he passed way out of context.

The ammendment he was trying to get added in, unsucessfully, was to allow Catholic Hospitals to deny abortion requests. The bill stated that if a rape victim came into a catholic hospital and requested the morning after pill/abortion then the HOSPITAL would have to pay to transport the patient to another facility where a doctor could do it without violating their religious faith and freedom.

This bill both protected the first ammendment religious freedom of catholic hospitals and protected the rights of a woman who requests an abortion. It put the expense on the hospital for transportation to a facility that could provide the medicine/procedure without violating an individual doctors religious freedom.

Knowing is half the battle ;).

Sorry i kinda said it 2 times :razz:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I think he's against ditching a mistress in 20 feet of water.
Hmmmmmm ... you'd hope ... but ... if she was raped and the emergency room personal decided their religion was more important than hers and refused to give her the 48 hour pill, Brown would be A-Okay with that.

The ammendment he was trying to get added in, unsucessfully, was to allow Catholic Hospitals to deny abortion requests. The bill stated that if a rape victim came into a catholic hospital and requested the morning after pill/abortion then the HOSPITAL would have to pay to transport the patient to another facility where a doctor could do it without violating their religious faith and freedom.

This bill both protected the first ammendment religious freedom of catholic hospitals and protected the rights of a woman who requests an abortion. It put the expense on the hospital for transportation to a facility that could provide the medicine/procedure without violating an individual doctors religious freedom.

It throws another roadblock up in front of a rape victim who needs medical care and timely acess to the 48 hour pill. If a Catholic or any other person finds it impossible to reconcile their religious beliefs with the doctor's oath to do no harm and with the responsibility of a medical person to provide the best care possible for a patient, then that person should find themselves another profession. Rape victims come to hopitals for medical care. they have just been raped. They do not come to hospitals to see their own religious beliefs overridden by someone who happens to be an a more powerful position that they are. They have already been raped. They don't need to be raped again in another sense.
To abuse a position of power inorder to deny a rape victim access to the 48 hour pill is unconscionable and inhumane. Any medical person who does that should be stripped of their license to practice medicine. Anyone who can't respect the religious beliefs of their future patients should be disqualified from seeking to be a nurse or a doctor.

It throws another roadblock up in front of a rape victim who needs medical care and timely acess to the 48 hour pill. If a Catholic or any other person finds it impossible to reconcile their religious beliefs with the doctor's oath to do no harm and with the responsibility of a medical person to provide the best care possible for a patient, then that person should find themselves another profession. Rape victims come to hopitals for medical care. they have just been raped. They do not come to hospitals to see their own religious beliefs overridden by someone who happens to be an a more powerful position that they are. They have already been raped. They don't need to be raped again in another sense.
To abuse a position of power inorder to deny a rape victim access to the 48 hour pill is unconscionable and inhumane. Any medical person who does that should be stripped of their license to practice medicine. Anyone who can't respect the religious beliefs of their future patients should be disqualified from seeking to be a nurse or a doctor.

And yet you didn't have any problem with that asswipe from Illinois who voted NO to giving a living baby who happened to survive A botched abortion the medical care it needed. Did you?

===============

On another thread, someone wrote that Brown will push for getting us out of Afghanistan. Clearly that is NOT his position.

===============

Voted NO on emerging technologies, math & science Fund

Relevant platform section:part IV: Economic Growth: Workforce Training: "We are aware that one out of three workers in this state need additional skills to maintain their employment in today's changing economy.... In the face of a global economy and advanced technology, workers need ongoing skill development and job training. We support increased public and private funding for business and labor to address the Massachusetts skills gap."

===============

I have also read that Scott Brown will push for jobs and job training. Clearly, he has no desire to push such an agenda.

So the question becomes, "What are Scott Brown's positions and how they compare to those of the people who voted him into office?"

===============

You can find an official listing of Scott Brown's positions here. Compare them to what you think his positions are to get a "feel" of what this new Senator stands for.

Scott Brown on the Issues

He's the kind of Republican that can get elected in a liberal state, which means the cons of the blogosphere secretly despise him.

Hey Scott Brown never drove drunk and killed a poor innocent young girl so lets give him as much a chance as you Liberal wingnuts gave the last guy who held the seat ok? Deal?

And yet you didn't have any problem with that asswipe from Illinois who voted NO to giving a living baby who happened to survive A botched abortion the medical care it needed. Did you?
Link to my not caring? I have no idea of what you are talking about.

Hey Scott Brown never drove drunk and killed a poor innocent young girl so lets give him as much a chance as you Liberal wingnuts gave the last guy who held the seat ok? Deal?

if Ted was still alive he might have taken Scott Browns offer for one of his daughters and taken her for a ride.

Come on,give Scott Brown a chance. You wingnuts gave a drunken murderer a chance no? So lighten up and leave the guy alone. I'm sure Mr. Brown will do a fine job. :)

===============

===============

Relevant platform section:part IV: Economic Growth: Workforce Training: "We are aware that one out of three workers in this state need additional skills to maintain their employment in today's changing economy.... In the face of a global economy and advanced technology, workers need ongoing skill development and job training. We support increased public and private funding for business and labor to address the Massachusetts skills gap."

===============

I have also read that Scott Brown will push for jobs and job training. Clearly, he has no desire to push such an agenda.

So the question becomes, "What are Scott Brown's positions and how they compare to those of the people who voted him into office?"

===============

You can find an official listing of Scott Brown's positions here. Compare them to what you think his positions are to get a "feel" of what this new Senator stands for.

He's the kind of Republican that can get elected in a liberal state, which means the cons of the blogosphere secretly despise him.
Brown won by a small margin. the same amount of voters that would have filled all the seats in Fenway Park, Foxboro Stadium and the Boston Garden. We all know how fickle sports fans can be. Brown won on timing and not much else.

I don't see why Scott Brown shouldn't get the same chance that Ted Kennedy got to succeed or fail. Give him his 40yrs and we'll see how things shake out in the end. Just a thought anyway.

===============

===============

===============

===============

Brown won by a small margin. the same amount of voters that would have filled all the seats in Fenway Park, Foxboro Stadium and the Boston Garden. We all know how fickle sports fans can be. Brown won on timing and not much else.

keep telling yourself that, ms eel.

Friggin Liberal wingnuts. They give a murderous drunkard 40yrs in office to succeed or fail but wont even give Scott Brown 40 days. Yea these wingnuts make a lot of sense. Yikes!

Last edited:

keep wishing it weren't so, mr foistamongequals

To abuse a position of power inorder to deny a rape victim access to the 48 hour pill is unconscionable and inhumane.
Any medical person who does that should be stripped of their license to practice medicine. Anyone who can't respect the religious beliefs of their future patients should be disqualified from seeking to be a nurse or a doctor.

In the state this legislation was proposed in the farthest drive to a hospital from anywhere is 30 minutes. I think protecting people's first ammendment rights is worth a 30 min ambulence ride...heck even an hour.
Some would argue that an abortion is a direct violation of said oath as it "murders" the unborn baby.
They would still get all the other treatments but would have to go elsewhere for the pill, at the expense of the hospital not the patient. Calling the protecting of a doctors first ammendment rights rape is at best disingeneous.
It appears you don't believe in the very principle our country was founded on, religious freedom and the freedom to practice your religion without persecution for it.

I feel you are being very unreasonable with your position. That is my opinion of our back and forth here.

keep wishing it weren't so, mr foistamongequals

talk to me in 2012 when he's up for reelection.

and it's equills :lol:

===============

===============

===============

===============

He won by a larger margin than Obama over McCain and I hear people say McCain got trounced by obama all the time (I said people not you ;)).

Forum List

Back