Scott Brown - Where does he really stand on the issues?

R

rdean

Supports 30,000 more troops in Afghanistan

===============

On another thread, someone wrote that Brown will push for getting us out of Afghanistan. Clearly that is NOT his position.

===============

Voted NO on emerging technologies, math & science Fund

Relevant platform section:part IV: Economic Growth: Workforce Training: "We are aware that one out of three workers in this state need additional skills to maintain their employment in today's changing economy.... In the face of a global economy and advanced technology, workers need ongoing skill development and job training. We support increased public and private funding for business and labor to address the Massachusetts skills gap."

===============

I have also read that Scott Brown will push for jobs and job training. Clearly, he has no desire to push such an agenda.

So the question becomes, "What are Scott Brown's positions and how they compare to those of the people who voted him into office?"

===============

You can find an official listing of Scott Brown's positions here. Compare them to what you think his positions are to get a "feel" of what this new Senator stands for.

Scott Brown on the Issues

Like they say, the reason he won was voter anger, and nothing to do with him as a politician.

It says that Scott Brown is a hard core Conservative.

But is that what they voted for?

Besides, considering his stand on abortion, I suspect even the hard core white wingers won't "appreciate" his positions.

Well, he appears to be a mainstream conservative in the contemporary sense.
I never even heard of the guy before the Mass. special election.
We'll see just how "independent" he is as the Senate gets to business.

"mainstream conservative", just curious, wouldn't that make him "anti abortion rights"?

That's a new term for me. WTF is a mainstream conservative?? Is that like conservative-lite, or something?

He's not a Marxist and that was all it took to get him elected in a state with 11% Republicans.

He's not a Marxist and that was all it took to get him elected in a state with 11% Republicans.

Neither is the president. That's just a nitwit talking point from people who spent years trying to bring this country to it's knees. They succeeded with the economy. Don't you have anything good to offer the country?

Well?

Well?

Guess not.

===============

On another thread, someone wrote that Brown will push for getting us out of Afghanistan. Clearly that is NOT his position.

===============

Relevant platform section:part IV: Economic Growth: Workforce Training: "We are aware that one out of three workers in this state need additional skills to maintain their employment in today's changing economy.... In the face of a global economy and advanced technology, workers need ongoing skill development and job training. We support increased public and private funding for business and labor to address the Massachusetts skills gap."

===============

I have also read that Scott Brown will push for jobs and job training. Clearly, he has no desire to push such an agenda.

So the question becomes, "What are Scott Brown's positions and how they compare to those of the people who voted him into office?"

===============

You can find an official listing of Scott Brown's positions here. Compare them to what you think his positions are to get a "feel" of what this new Senator stands for.

he believes the earth is 6000 years old, just like the 1.1 million people in massachusetts that voted for him.

his first legislative initiative will be $22BB to build an ark.

===============

===============

===============

===============

he believes the earth is 6000 years old, just like the 1.1 million people in massachusetts that voted for him.

link?

===============

===============

===============

===============

link?

damn, i didn't think even you were stupid enough to take that seriously.
:lol:

===============

===============

===============

===============

So if you provide a link to his positions, why are you askign the question, dumshit?
Yeah, he's a conservative. He doesn't believe in Big Government ginning up programs that do nothing but spend taxpayers' money. Does that surprise you? Probably. But that's why he got elected.

It was the Independants who got Brown elected.

Will have to see what he does as a Senator.

The Republicans are so desperate for a candidate, they already want him to run for POTUS in 2012. I sure hope he has time to be a senator.

Why??

Barry sure didn't. He spent more time running for Prez then he did as a Senator. Yet he got elected to the highest office in the land with virtually no experience.

I think Browns got more experience in Govt already compared to OL'BO.

Again. Wil have to wait and see on Brown.

The Republicans are so desperate for a candidate, they already want him to run for POTUS in 2012. I sure hope he has time to be a senator.

Why??

Barry sure didn't. He spent more time running for Prez then he did as a Senator. Yet he got elected to the highest office in the land with virtually no experience.

Because YOU sated YOU were hoping to see what sort of Senator he would be? If you can't keep up Claudette, could you at least STFU?

Why??

Because YOU sated YOU were hoping to see what sort of Senator he would be? If you can't keep up Claudette, could you at least STFU?

Mayby YOU should keep up there Yank. YOUR the one who says the Reps are desperate for a candidate NOT ME. I would like to see how he does as a Sen. But for experience, he's already got way more than OL'BO does so if he got the nod in 2012. I wouldn't be to upset.

Oh. Bye the way, mayby you should STFU if you can't keep up. LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back