Scotland police blasted for report describing pedophiles as 'minor-attracted people': 'Baloney'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is how messed up we are becoming. Let's hide the harsh reality of the world through code language. Does it help potential victims by softening the language? On the contrary I imagine.

I've used harsh terms at times but I refuse to refer to the covert Creepy Ones in Canada as MAPs, they are grooming predators who ironically are supposed to be finding legitimate threats and creeps themselves.

Knowing what I know, it's an apt term. Whether it's police or regular folks, if you don't want to be negatively labelled, don't represent the vile genetic error that caused the label to begin with.

Police in Scotland have sparked outrage for describing pedophiles as "minor-attracted people" in a report.

Officials said the language in the year-end report was based on terminology used by the European Union.

In a year-end report, Chief Constable Iain Livingstone said police have worked on a project that’s main agenda is "to develop understanding and approach to avoid the victimisation of children by engaging Minor-Attracted People (MAPs) and providing them with the necessary support, treatment and guidance to help prevent criminal activities."

The phrasing in the report drew criticism from many in Scotland who said the police were normalizing sex crimes against children, Scotland Daily Express reported.

"Spouting these euphemisms simply masks the reality and their danger," Kenny McAskill, Alba Party MP for East Lothian and former SNP Justice Secretary, told the outlet.

Fox News trying to stir up the ignorant. Most will never actually read into what they are doing. They are not describing those who have done anything illegal. They are describing an attempt to direct people into help who acknowledge an attraction to minors.

You do not get such people to voluntarily access these programs by ostracizing them. This is why it is so difficult to even try and address problems.

Will this work? I have no idea but good on Scotland for at least trying something.

Fox News trying to stir up the ignorant. Most will never actually read into what they are doing. They are not describing those who have done anything illegal. They are describing an attempt to direct people into help who acknowledge an attraction to minors.

You do not get such people to voluntarily access these programs by ostracizing them. This is why it is so difficult to even try and address problems.

Will this work? I have no idea but good on Scotland for at least trying something.
Just like they are trying to help illegal aliens by renaming them undocumented workers?

Just like they rename Islamic Terrorists as anything other than Islamic or terrorists etc.?

Yea, we know how this works and its pure BS.

Just like they are trying to help illegal aliens by renaming them undocumented workers?

They are not illegal until they have have been deemed so in a court of law.

Why do we not call the thousands of employers hiring them "illegal employers"?

I suppose if it prevents real crimes against the young if the method works, go for it.

Regardless, humans use terms to describe a subject, we don't use longer, descriptive words themselves and crime or horrible even shouldn't be any different. It has increasingly been the manner in which some wish society to operate.

Whether it's describing Niagara Falls as simply "the falls", instead of "the vertical moving dihydrogen monoxide pellets", or, "robbery" rather than "the involuntary extraction of resources", humans use short, direct terms all the time.

Any negative connotation, as the case may be; is based on the underlying event being described, it isn't pre-ordained.

I suppose if it prevents real crimes against the young if the method works, go for it.

Regardless, humans use terms to describe a subject, we don't use longer, descriptive words themselves and crime or horrible even shouldn't be any different.

Whether it's describing Niagara Falls as simply "the falls", instead of "the vertical moving dihydrogen monoxide", or, "robbery" rather than "the involuntary extraction of resources", humans use short, direct terms all the time.

Any negative connotation, as the case may be; is based on the underlying event being described, it isn't pre-ordained.

Those trying to address the problem are wise to not use the hateful speech of others when trying to address something like this.

They are not illegal until they have have been deemed so in a court of law.

Why do we not call the thousands of employers hiring them "illegal employers"?
Ignore the Islamist renaming, eh?

When Obama was President he refused to utter the terms "Islamic terrorists" on the premise that people would then take out their anger and rage on innocent Muslims

However, he continued to use the terms systemically racist when describing law enforcement as innocent white police officers were being assassinated all over the country.

This is the shit you now support.

Those trying to address the problem are wise to not use the hateful speech of others when trying to address something like this.

I don't think you read my post. It isn't hateful outside of what society itself applies to a term, it is the EVENT, in the case of pedophiles that is hateful. There isn't any word or combination of tones in any language that is God-ordained "hateful". Society defines it by their reaction to what the word describes.

You think a victim of such a horrific crime wants society to tone down the realities of what they've experienced?

I do get your point and it is valid for the purpose of what you describe them attempting (prevention). However, it's sanitizing the reality when applies more generously to those who have committed such crimes.

Last edited:
Ignore the Islamist renaming, eh?

Staying on topic.

When Obama was President he refused to utter the terms "Islamic terrorists" on the premise that people would then take out their anger and rage on innocent Muslims

However, he continued to use the terms systemically racist when describing law enforcement as innocent white police officers were being assassinated all over the country.

This is the shit you now support.

LOL, show me once where I ever supported anything Obama did. You are just lashing out at me because you can't actually address the arguments I make.

I don't think you read my post. It isn't hateful outside of what society itself applies to a term, it is the EVENT, in the case of pedophiles that is hateful.

You think a victim of such a horrific crime wants society to tone down the realities of what they've experienced?

I explained my reasoning on this subject. You argued we are messed up for wanting to try and stop a crime before it happens.

I don't think you read my post. It isn't hateful outside of what society itself applies to a term, it is the EVENT, in the case of pedophiles that is hateful.

The Left tries to alter reality via changing names and words, like the term woman.

Staying on topic.

LOL, show me once where I ever supported anything Obama did. You are just lashing out at me because you can't actually address the arguments I make.
You can make the same argument about what Obama did, unless you want to be hypocritical about it.

You can make the same argument about what Obama did, unless you want to be hypocritical about it.

Start a thread. I am discussing this article. If you wish to discuss it great. I suppose not though.

The Conservative right is again outraged by the terms and definitions, but offers nothing in addressing actual problems. For years crimes against children existed in religious communities, youth organisations, step families and so on. But now, 'liberals' are guilty of that. Idiots, pure idiots.

This is how messed up we are becoming. Let's hide the harsh reality of the world through code language. Does it help potential victims by softening the language? On the contrary I imagine.

I've used harsh terms at times but I refuse to refer to the covert Creepy Ones in Canada as MAPs, they are grooming predators who ironically are supposed to be finding legitimate threats and creeps themselves.

Knowing what I know, it's an apt term. Whether it's police or regular folks, if you don't want to be negatively labelled, don't represent the vile genetic error that caused the label to begin with.

Police in Scotland have sparked outrage for describing pedophiles as "minor-attracted people" in a report.

Officials said the language in the year-end report was based on terminology used by the European Union.

In a year-end report, Chief Constable Iain Livingstone said police have worked on a project that’s main agenda is "to develop understanding and approach to avoid the victimisation of children by engaging Minor-Attracted People (MAPs) and providing them with the necessary support, treatment and guidance to help prevent criminal activities."

The phrasing in the report drew criticism from many in Scotland who said the police were normalizing sex crimes against children, Scotland Daily Express reported.

"Spouting these euphemisms simply masks the reality and their danger," Kenny McAskill, Alba Party MP for East Lothian and former SNP Justice Secretary, told the outlet.
To hell with the child molesters. The answer is 45 ACP, base of skull, potter's grave. Jesus of Nazareth did NOT die a hideous death & then be resurrected as our Christ(Messiah) for child molesters. As far as I know child molestation is the ONLY sin that is not covered by the blood of our Messiah; KJV/Luke: 1-2, (1)"Then he said unto the disciples, it is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! (2) IT WERE BETTER FOR HIM THAT A MILLSTONE WERE HANGED AROUND HIS NECK, AND HE CAST INTO THE SEA, THAN THAT HE SHOULD OFFEND ONE OF THESE "LITTLE" ONES! That sounds pretty much like one strike & it's out for the child molesters & a one way trip to eternity, but the eternity one does NOT want to meet.

I think that you will find that many posters on here could not spell nuanced let alone appreciate what you have stated.

The Conservative right is again outraged by the terms and definitions, but offers nothing in addressing actual problems. For years crimes against children existed in religious communities, youth organisations, step families and so on. But now, 'liberals' are guilty of that. Idiots, pure idiots.
and sadly the victims are of both sexes and age from babies upwards.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back