Scientists Suggest Earth Could Be Uninhabitable In 300 Years

Discussion in 'Environment' started by rdean, May 15, 2010.

  1. rdean
    Offline

    rdean rddean

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    Messages:
    60,164
    Thanks Received:
    6,900
    Trophy Points:
    1,840
    Location:
    chicago
    Ratings:
    +15,010
    The Scientists say simply that Earth will ‘become too hot’ for human habitation.
    Research done by the University of NSW has also forecasted the effect of climate change over the next three centuries to be devastating. It suggests without action to cut greenhouse gas emissions, mankind's activities could prompt average temperatures to rise as much as 10 to 12 per cent by 2300.
    The research, produced in partnership with the Purdue University in the United States, is published in the US-based scientific journal “Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences” on Tuesday.

    Scientists Suggest Earth Could Be Uninhabitable In 300 Years

    But hey, that's a long way off. Who cares?

    [​IMG]
     
  2. Oddball
    Offline

    Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2009
    Messages:
    41,428
    Thanks Received:
    8,397
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TDqvD34hEA]YouTube - Gloom Despair[/ame]
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. California Girl
    Offline

    California Girl BANNED

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2009
    Messages:
    50,337
    Thanks Received:
    8,960
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    In the 1970s they said parts of the earth would be uninhabitable do by the year 2000.

    Key word: 'Suggest'.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. random3434
    Offline

    random3434 Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    25,903
    Thanks Received:
    7,188
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. tommywho70x
    Offline

    tommywho70x BANNED

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    Messages:
    826
    Thanks Received:
    59
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +59
    mutate or die. simple.
     
  6. Angelhair
    Offline

    Angelhair Senior Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
    Messages:
    2,597
    Thanks Received:
    150
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +153
    Ho-hum - more global warming stuff......wonder how many people are going to jump from buildings or drink the kool-aid just before 2012????????
     
  7. random3434
    Offline

    random3434 Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    25,903
    Thanks Received:
    7,188
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Probably the ones without a sense of humor.



    Be careful!
     
  8. RadiomanATL
    Offline

    RadiomanATL Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2009
    Messages:
    24,944
    Thanks Received:
    3,823
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Not here
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Wait a minute. I thought the whole 6% of scientists thing was a slam. I didn't know it was a compliment, 'cuz the other 94% are loony enough to believe this hogwash.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  9. Quantum Windbag
    Offline

    Quantum Windbag Gold Member

    Joined:
    May 9, 2010
    Messages:
    58,308
    Thanks Received:
    5,014
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Does anyone know what happened to the Ice Age that was coming because of the pollution levels? Did all those filters on the smokestacks cause global warming?
     
  10. westwall
    Offline

    westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2010
    Messages:
    41,016
    Thanks Received:
    7,987
    Trophy Points:
    1,830
    Location:
    Nevada
    Ratings:
    +19,785
    Yet more hocus bogus to suppoert the Cap and Tax insanity and scam. For you folks who think that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread I give you a nice little article excerpted here and the link for the whole article is below.

    “The global temperature “savings” of the Kerry-Lieberman bill is astoundingly small—0.043°C (0.077°F) by 2050 and 0.111°C (0.200°F) by 2100. In other words, by century’s end, reducing U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by 83% will only result in global temperatures being one-fifth of one degree Fahrenheit less than they would otherwise be. That is a scientifically meaningless reduction.”

    The American Power Act: A Climate Dud — MasterResource

    So there you go. For the priviledge of enriching criminals like Gore and the rest of the conspiritaors...you get to be poor, your children get to be reduced to indentured servitude....and it will have no measurable impact....brilliant like most of the policies you clowns promote!!
     

Share This Page