Science Assaults The Bible Again: Black Holes and Our Universe

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Dante, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Science Assaults The Bible Again: Black Holes and Our Universe

Could the new theory explain away the Bible stories once and for all? If the Big Bang can be explained by this, what does it mean for the wild and crazy idea that a great and all knowing supernatural being created man in his own image and created the world in 7 days?

For example, the big bang theory says the universe started as a singularity. But scientists have no satisfying explanation for how such a singularity might have formed in the first place.
    If our universe was birthed by a white hole instead of a singularity, Poplawski said, "it would solve this problem of black hole singularities and also the big bang singularity."

Every Black Hole Contains Another Universe?

Bible Thumpers, be scared. Be very scared. Science is knocking on your doors.

2. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Your idiocy is expanding.

Just because someone postulates that every black hole is another universe does not mean that anyone actually believes this, including the guy who postulated it. This does not even rise to the level of scientific theory, and it falls way short of proving anything.

3. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    doesn't this kind of get into string theory, with parallel universes and all that? I remember watching a video about this stuff, and it was saying that as one universe is expanding another is contracting, like squeezing the middle of a water balloon. of course it's all on a time-scale we can't comprehend.

I look at most of the bible like Aesop's fables; good lessons that are wrapped in hyperbole and metaphor, not a science textbook.

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,895
    I think it's pretty obvious that primative man made up gawds and spirits to exlain things that he did't understand.

As man became more modern, he stopped believing in the "Gawd of the melon" and the "Gawd of the tree bark" and soon, dropped the number of gawds down to one. Only for Christianity it's actually three. They say they have one gawd, but it's actually an old gawd, a magic bird, and a young gawd who may or may not be his own father.

5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Interesting, even if it shows a complete lack of understanding of comparitive religion.

6. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    Any and all theory that tries to explain the universe is an assault on religion. That is nothing new.

Interesting theory however. The problem i have with it is that if there are black hole "outlets" there must be white hole "inlets" into this universe. That will be hard for them to explain. This theory for me works with string theory.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    "According to a mind-bending new theory, a black hole is actually a tunnel between universes—a type of wormhole."

8. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    me too. and like A's Fabs, the B., is out of step and out of date with these times we live in.

9. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    can you explain why I get excited and howl at full moons?

10. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    he's not talking about comparative religion. try dealing with what he's actually saying.'

gawd, you're an infantile nitwit. If you're going to criticize his post for their context try learning to spell correctly in your content.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010