Schumer forgets the Judicial branch

Discussion in 'Congress' started by liebuster, Jan 30, 2011.

1. liebuster

liebuster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100
  2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    Naw, it's only stupid when Sarah Palin or George Bush does it.

3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,917
    Seriously? This is about as important as "57 States" or the countless times Republicans confused the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Who cares?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. liebuster

liebuster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Why don't you tell that to the media that loves to go after Palin, Bachman, or any other conservative for the same shit.

5. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,917
    Why don't you?

As I said, I don't really care. I don't watch TV news.

6. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,446
    I think a sitting member of Congress who has been there for a few decades not knowing that the three branches of government are the legislative, judicial, and executive branches, while not a huge ordeal, is worth nothing. It's indicative to the ignorance that makes these jack holes like Schumer think the Constitution gives them unlimited power to do what ever they want.

How many members of Congress do you think have ever read the U.S. Constitution?

7. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,917
    Do you seriously think that Schumer doesn't know what the three branches of government are? Of course he does. You can say what you want about his politics, but Schumer is not a stupid man. He's a Harvard and Harvard Law School graduate, and member of the US Senate.

Of course he knows the branches of government. He misspoke. It happens, everyone does it.

This is about as relevant as the retards who ask "Does Obama really think there are 57 states?"

8. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    The difference here..was that was a flub. Just like 57 states was a flub. When Bachmann talks about FEMA camps, death panels and investigating unamerican activities..she's not "flubbing". This is stuff she really believes in.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,446
    It may have been a flub; it may not have been a flub. I don't know. It's not the same as the 57 states gaffe. You'd have to be a borderline retard to not know there are 50 states in the U.S. Obviously, that was a gaffe. I bet, however, if you walk down the street and ask random people what the three branches of government are, most of them won't know.

As far as Schumer going to Harvard, that doesn't mean dick. Bush went to Yale and he was a jack hole too. Schumer never had a real job in his life outside of politics and that's probably why all he's ever done is support economic policies, as well as others, that are bad for growth and infringe on the personal freedom of the people. He has absolutely no practical experience in the real world that qualifies him to make decisions that effect the entire world.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  10. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,413
    Yes. It was a blunder equal to obama's 57 states claim. Not a real calamity like George Bush mispronouncing nuclear.
    I think he's completely wrong about the credit markets. I, for one would have more faith in the credit of the US if the government did shut down due to the GOP's refusal to extend the debt ceiling. It would show me that finally someone has realized that we are spending ourselves into oblivion.