Schools on Notice: Illegal ALiens Entitled to Free Public Education

What those hostile to 14th Amendment jurisprudence fail to understand is that the Amendment codifies the doctrine of inalienable rights, rights that can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

These rights manifest as a consequence of our humanity and existence as free persons – where once a person is subject to any jurisdiction in the United States, his inalienable rights afford him fundamental Constitutional protections from government excess and overreach.

One's fundamental rights are not contingent upon citizenship or immigration status because they are inalienable, as is the case with due process rights; nor may a person's inalienable rights be mitigated because he's perceived to be 'illegally' in the country, as all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, the most fundamental component of due process.

Most importantly, the doctrine of inalienable rights as codified by the 14th Amendment ensures that one's citizenship and protected liberties are not subject to the capricious whims of partisan politicians and political groups seeking to disadvantage their political opponents or classes of persons to whom they are hostile.

By recognizing the fundamental due process rights of undocumented immigrants present in the United States, a class of persons clearly vulnerable to discrimination by certain partisan entities, we ensure that our civil liberties and inalienable rights as citizens are safeguarded from political attack, and that the doctrine of inalienable rights is applied in a consistent and comprehensive manner.

Were you trying to stumble upon a POINT in posting this word salad?

Just because you are boring person (like most far left posters) is no reason whine openly on this forum.

It's more like you guys are sounding more and more like a broken record.

In truth, immersion is the best way to learn a language. They may fall behind initially, but they will learn the language quicker and then be able to catch up.

And many second generation immigrants, particularly Hispanics, don't even know a word of their mother tongue or culture. That's not a good thing.

Side note: I remember shaking my head in shame at frustrated American tourists in Europe, from Germany to France to Spain, whining and complaining that the locals didn’t speak English.

Big difference between tourists and people who are living there. BIG DIFFERENCE. You want to live here, learn the language.

When I lived in Mexico, my friends and I vowed not to purchase anything from vendors who spoke English to us because we were there to learn the language. I don't remember ever hearing anyone complain about people not speaking English, of course, you couldn't go a block without running into someone who spoke English. I've heard foreigners refer to it as the "universal" language.

I agree with you about the 2nd generation not learning their parents language. It should be taught to them when they are young. I've always thought it was wrong that my sister in law never taught her kids to speak Thai. They couldn't talk to their grandmother, who, btw, was never allowed to come here. I don't understand why people who sneak it get special treatment.

My mother was FORBIDDEN to learn Portuguese. She wanted to learn...but her father flatly refused to teach her. His attitude was: "This is America. Speak English!"

Last edited:
Any non-Citizen is an illegal so far as I'm concerned.

That is irrational.

Yes, it is. My brother has been here for years, legally. He came from Canada and has not become an American citizen. He doesn't vote and carries his green card (pink) with him everywhere. My sister in law came from Thailand and she is an American citizen now.

My friend's grandmother was the same way: her last 30 years were spent here, but she was a resident alien & always a Canadian citizen. (Ironically, she is buried in Connecticut.) Any particular reason your brother never became a citizen?

Isn't it cute how the press uses the term "undocumented" in lieu of "illegal"?
Then they say, "free public education". Really?, It's free? Do they think that the buildings were donated and that the teachers are volunteers? I'm pretty sure that the classrooms were paid for by citizen taxes just as the teacher salaries are.
It amazes me that some people are stupid enough to fall for this shit spewed out by the media and leftists (redundancy alert), but they are.
The press did not say FREE public education, that was the Tea Party putting in the word FREE......free public education....the press said merely Public Education Alan...

FREE was put in there to excite us all....to amplify the situation.

If it is not free, who's paying for it?

Got a mirror? :(

Maine is 97% Caucasian, 3% of other races including the Somalians...so it was a real shocker to locals here and yes, some racism ended up showing its face...but all is well now...it just took some time, and hard work of the Somalians to win the Maine citizens over...

Just you wait until the 2nd generation comes to maturity, that's when the problems really start.

It's more like you guys are sounding more and more like a broken record.

And many second generation immigrants, particularly Hispanics, don't even know a word of their mother tongue or culture. That's not a good thing.

Side note: I remember shaking my head in shame at frustrated American tourists in Europe, from Germany to France to Spain, whining and complaining that the locals didn’t speak English.

Big difference between tourists and people who are living there. BIG DIFFERENCE. You want to live here, learn the language.

When I lived in Mexico, my friends and I vowed not to purchase anything from vendors who spoke English to us because we were there to learn the language. I don't remember ever hearing anyone complain about people not speaking English, of course, you couldn't go a block without running into someone who spoke English. I've heard foreigners refer to it as the "universal" language.

I agree with you about the 2nd generation not learning their parents language. It should be taught to them when they are young. I've always thought it was wrong that my sister in law never taught her kids to speak Thai. They couldn't talk to their grandmother, who, btw, was never allowed to come here. I don't understand why people who sneak it get special treatment.

My mother was FORBIDDEN to learn Portuguese. She wanted to learn...but her father flatly refused to teach her. His attitude was: "This is America. Speak English!"
same here, my sister and I were forbidden to learn Italian when we were little, my Italian born mother refused to teach us Italian or speak to us in Italian because we lived in America and she wanted us to speak english at all times.... she also thought we might be discriminated against, if we spoke a foreign language! :eek:

the left wing sees punishing those who hire the illegals as the solution......

No you don't. You on the left see amnesty as the 'solution.' You see stacking the demographics with an endless supply of voters who are dependent on the government as the ultimate 'solution' to gaining and maintaining control.

This is a lie.

'The left' does not 'advocate amnesty.'

No democratic senator supports 'amnesty,' and Senate Bill S. 744 prohibits 'amnesty':

Rejecting Amnesty: No one gets amnesty. In fact, this bill will eliminate today’s de facto amnesty, in which we have 11 million undocumented immigrants here and don’t know who they are, what activities they’re engaged in or anything else about them. Once the first security triggers are achieved, undocumented immigrants will be able to come forward, must submit to and pass background checks, be fingerprinted, pay $2,000 in fines, pay taxes, prove gainful employment, prove they’ve had a physical presence in the U.S. since before 2012 and going to the back of the line, among other criteria. Criminals and those who don’t meet these criteria will be deported.

Get The Facts - Immigration Reform Facts - U.S. Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio

Text of the Bill:

http://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/...?File_id=285276e0-9fe6-4914-a3b2-cac1e0c2c505

What those hostile to 14th Amendment jurisprudence fail to understand is that the Amendment codifies the doctrine of inalienable rights, rights that can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

These rights manifest as a consequence of our humanity and existence as free persons – where once a person is subject to any jurisdiction in the United States, his inalienable rights afford him fundamental Constitutional protections from government excess and overreach.

One's fundamental rights are not contingent upon citizenship or immigration status because they are inalienable, as is the case with due process rights; nor may a person's inalienable rights be mitigated because he's perceived to be 'illegally' in the country, as all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, the most fundamental component of due process.

Most importantly, the doctrine of inalienable rights as codified by the 14th Amendment ensures that one's citizenship and protected liberties are not subject to the capricious whims of partisan politicians and political groups seeking to disadvantage their political opponents or classes of persons to whom they are hostile.

By recognizing the fundamental due process rights of undocumented immigrants present in the United States, a class of persons clearly vulnerable to discrimination by certain partisan entities, we ensure that our civil liberties and inalienable rights as citizens are safeguarded from political attack, and that the doctrine of inalienable rights is applied in a consistent and comprehensive manner.

For you the point clearly is that you're incapable of comprehending the post.

Just indicate what you need explained to you.

The Tea Party really hates kids with brown skin.

50 years ago they couldn't abide black kids going to school with white kids.

Now it's just the brown kids.

Just look on the bright side, these dumb beaners will probably never get out of the first grade.

For you the point clearly is that you're incapable of comprehending the post.

Just indicate what you need explained to you.

The types and dosages of the mind-altering substances you were on while coming up with that!

...This is a lie. 'The left' does not 'advocate amnesty.'...
No. Actually, it's the truth. As anyone with eyes and a lick of common sense can see.

Practical, for all-intents-and-purposes Amnesty, with conditions, is still Amnesty.

Ya'll can put all the lipstick ya want on that particular pig, but it's still a pig, and it smells to high heaven.

Path to citizenship, my ass.

Immigration Reform = Codespeak for Shamnesty.

Don't look now, but folks who object to allowing this wave of 12,000,000 invaders to stay, are white, black, brown, red, yellow, and everything in between.

As the Left is going to discover for itself, in November 2014, and, more importantly, in November 2016.

People are sick of this shit, and the equally disingenuous charges of racism that accompany the Left's counterpointing on the subject.

the left wing sees punishing those who hire the illegals as the solution......

No you don't. You on the left see amnesty as the 'solution.' You see stacking the demographics with an endless supply of voters who are dependent on the government as the ultimate 'solution' to gaining and maintaining control.

This is a lie.

'The left' does not 'advocate amnesty.'

No democratic senator supports 'amnesty,' and Senate Bill S. 744 prohibits 'amnesty':

Of course the support amnesty. They have made that quite clear. Just because the use some euphemism for it, like "comprehensive immigration reform," that doesn't mean they don't support it.

Rejecting Amnesty: No one gets amnesty. In fact, this bill will eliminate today’s de facto amnesty, in which we have 11 million undocumented immigrants here and don’t know who they are, what activities they’re engaged in or anything else about them. Once the first security triggers are achieved, undocumented immigrants will be able to come forward, must submit to and pass background checks, be fingerprinted, pay $2,000 in fines, pay taxes, prove gainful employment, prove they’ve had a physical presence in the U.S. since before 2012 and going to the back of the line, among other criteria. Criminals and those who don’t meet these criteria will be deported.

Amnesty, in other words. The so-called "triggers" are virtually meaningless.

Don't look now, but folks who object to allowing this wave of 12,000,000 invaders to stay, are white, black, brown, red, yellow, and everything in between.

As the Left is going to discover for itself, in November 2014, and, more importantly, in November 2016.

People are sick of this shit, and the equally disingenuous charges of racism that accompany the Left's counterpointing on the subject.
Not concerned. Xenophobia is normal in a bad economy, and ours is still recovering...

Just look on the bright side, these dumb beaners will probably never get out of the first grade.

That may be, but would you really want an 18-yr-old gang banger in school with your 6-yr-old. What an opportunity to "recruit" new gang bangers, or pimp your granddaughter?
I once considered writing right-wing satire, but now I realize all I have to do is cut and paste what gets posted here, only you morons aren't kidding, which takes all the fun out of it...

Forum List

Back