School Sued Over Muslim Teacher's Pilgrimage

I think she may win. Lose/lose for the schools and other decent people of faith who may now face discrimination in hiring. I'm sure she doesn't give a rat's ass about them.

Just read about another "not reasonable" accomodation in Canada.

Correctional Service Canada has hired its first female Muslim prison guard, who will wear a hijab specially designed for the dangerous institutional setting, QMI Agency has learned.

Corrections confirmed Friday the recruit is now on her second week of a nine-week training program in Ontario and will be placed as a guard in a men's federal penitentiary when she's done.

Efforts are also underway to obtain equipment such as a breathing apparatus that works with the hijab.

Corrections and the employee have also established a mutual understanding about physical contact with men, which is prohibited in the Muslim faith.

"During exercises, she is wearing gloves and a long-sleeved shirt so that she doesn't have to have contact with males in that situation," Andrews said, "but she is fully aware that in an institutional environment, there may come a time when she does have to have skin-to-skin contact with males. She is aware of that."

The employee has also worked with Corrections to develop a schedule for prayers during break times that respects her religious requirements while also fulfilling the expectations of the rigorous training program.

Female guard to wear hijab - The Whig Standard - Ontario, CA

Unfrickinbelievable.

Guilty as charged by your definition.
Ouch. Not.

Hey ravi - might want to edit your comment about the crucifix necklace. People may call you a mean name. Lol

Oh and be sure
to pre-order that breathing apparatus for your business. You may not want OSHA calling.

Correctional Service Canada has hired its first female Muslim prison guard, who will wear a hijab specially designed for the dangerous institutional setting, QMI Agency has learned.

Corrections confirmed Friday the recruit is now on her second week of a nine-week training program in Ontario and will be placed as a guard in a men's federal penitentiary when she's done.

Efforts are also underway to obtain equipment such as a breathing apparatus that works with the hijab.

Corrections and the employee have also established a mutual understanding about physical contact with men, which is prohibited in the Muslim faith.

"During exercises, she is wearing gloves and a long-sleeved shirt so that she doesn't have to have contact with males in that situation," Andrews said, "but she is fully aware that in an institutional environment, there may come a time when she does have to have skin-to-skin contact with males. She is aware of that."

The employee has also worked with Corrections to develop a schedule for prayers during break times that respects her religious requirements while also fulfilling the expectations of the rigorous training program.

That strikes me as a bit much.

That strikes me as a bit much.
I agree with you on this one.

Guilty as charged by your definition.
Ouch. Not.

Hey ravi - might want to edit your comment about the crucifix necklace. People may call you a mean name. Lol

Oh and be sure
to pre-order that breathing apparatus for your business. You may not want OSHA calling.
I was being sarcastic...you, not at all.

nosurrender.jpg

Forum List

Back