School secretary arrested for allegedly duct taping 1st grader

And yes I am a parent and raised two kids to adulthood. However, I was not one of those parents who got a lawyer every time my kid was disciplined. I sided with the school or the teacher when my kid was in trouble. And I wouldn't have minded duct tape...I find it funny, not criminal

Absent criminality, as you see none, do you see any Constitutional violations or even questionable violations?

I checked the Constitution, There is no mention of Duct Tape

And yes I am a parent and raised two kids to adulthood. However, I was not one of those parents who got a lawyer every time my kid was disciplined. I sided with the school or the teacher when my kid was in trouble. And I wouldn't have minded duct tape...I find it funny, not criminal

Absent criminality, as you see none, do you see any Constitutional violations or even questionable violations?

There is also no mention of the electric chair, yet it is ingrained in Constitutional law it is not cruel and unusual punishment for those convicted of capital crimes.

Teachers are agents of the government, that is also NOT in the Constitution, but it IS constitutional law, see TLO, therefore they are constrained by the 4th, 5th and 8th AM's.

School suspensions are also not mentioned in the Constitution, yet they are subject to scrutiny under the Due Process clause of the 14th AM.

Last edited:
My view....No Harm...No foul

you view just plan needs to think of the law and dangerous of it. what if there was a fire?
what if the kid was choking to death? what if he didn't learn to breath out of his noise?

those are chances as an adult in school should know better. and sadly i hope you both never ever have kids cause you be terrible parents

Again...what is the harm to the kid? My brother used to do much worse to me

What if there was a fire? Nowhere does it say the kid was duct taped and left alone. If there was a fire, you pull off the tape and the kid will still be out the door before most of his classmates.

Learn to breathe through his nose?? Even an infant knows how to breathe through his nose

wow are you really navie.. would you want anyone to spank your kids? would you want the cops to arrest cause he had an ugly haircut? seriously dude. just cause you think there no harm does not mean there is none.

things easily could of happen

1. miss the bus
2. panic parents
3. call police saying kids missing
4. again what if they kid couldn't breath..
5. scared
6. more mroe things

again you think no harm no foul. i am so tired of idoitc morons in the world and please just shutup already dude. you are truley wrong you truley don't know what happen or if there is any harm.

we don't know the only person who knows is the kid. he a damn six year old... is a six year old..

he learning when people misbehave its cause they are looking for attetion they are missing something in there life. Who knows what. but duct taping a sex year old and thinking no harm no foul

is wrong beyound belief. please never ever have kids EVER

There is also no mention of the electric chair, yet it is ingrained in Constitutional law it is not cruel and unusual punishment for those convicted of capital crimes.

Teachers are agents of the government, that is also NOT in the Constitution, but it IS constitutional law, see TLO, therefore they are constrained by the 4th, 5th and 8th AM's.

School suspensions are also not mentioned in the Constitution, yet they are subject to scrutiny under the Due Process clause of the 14th AM.

if you haven't notice must killings are now matter of what state believes

File:Map of US electric chair usage.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Capital punishment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fredal law is still acvitve for death plenty matters of the state.

1. miss the bus
OMG what a tragedy. They could always load the duct taped kid on the bus so he doesn't miss it

2. panic parents

Parents as drama queens. Once again indictive of the overprotective, litigious, yuppies raising little demons. If the parents were doing their job, the kid would not be acting up in class.

See 1. Take the duct taped little monster and put him on the bus home, I'm sure his bus driver would appreciate it

Again, even an infant knows how to breathe through its nose.
5. scared

Kid should be scared of authority, maybe next time he won't act up
6. more mroe things

Once again, no harm....no foul

6a00d83451e15a69e20105361949ed970b-500pi

They use the electric chair in schools now? Damn! Things have stepped up a gear since I was in school! Still, if that's an appropriate punishment for the little rugrats, so be it. I'm all for discipline in schools.

you view just plan needs to think of the law and dangerous of it. what if there was a fire?
what if the kid was choking to death? what if he didn't learn to breath out of his noise?

those are chances as an adult in school should know better. and sadly i hope you both never ever have kids cause you be terrible parents

Again...what is the harm to the kid? My brother used to do much worse to me

What if there was a fire? Nowhere does it say the kid was duct taped and left alone. If there was a fire, you pull off the tape and the kid will still be out the door before most of his classmates.

Learn to breathe through his nose?? Even an infant knows how to breathe through his nose

wow are you really navie.. would you want anyone to spank your kids? would you want the cops to arrest cause he had an ugly haircut? seriously dude. just cause you think there no harm does not mean there is none.

things easily could of happen

1. miss the bus
2. panic parents
5. scared
6. more mroe things

again you think no harm no foul. i am so tired of idoitc morons in the world and please just shutup already dude. you are truley wrong you truley don't know what happen or if there is any harm.

we don't know the only person who knows is the kid. he a damn six year old... is a six year old..

he learning when people misbehave its cause they are looking for attetion they are missing something in there life. Who knows what. but duct taping a sex year old and thinking no harm no foul

is wrong beyound belief. please never ever have kids EVER

Somebody get the duck tape, we got a whiner here!

as long as she bought the tape with her own money and the taxpayer didn't have to pay - I'm good.

Any restraint of liberty MUST be within legal guidelines, in loco parentis is not a license to do what was done nor exile a student to the closet for 8 hours, as an example.
Using duct tape is excessive and deserves censure, but not a kidnapping charge. What kind of little monster was the child? How many times had "appropriate" discipline failed?

Call the parents? What happens when they do nothing? What about the other kids in the classroom which this child presumably vacated after disruptive behavior? Do they deserve to have their educational opportunities eliminated by one spoiled brat?

I would like to see a policy wherein parents with misbehaving little monsters were told "Get a private tutor or school The education is still mandatory, but your failure to instill even a tiny a modicum of respect means the heathen is no longer permitted in the public school system. Failure to see to said education will see you charged with neglect."
If parents faced the real prospect of being forced to cough up a few thousand dollars every year or make their "darling child" behave in school, they might decide to teach the tykes manners.

Good for the secretary. And where is the discipline by the parents that would have ensured this incident would never have occurred?

he a six year old they don't know better all the time, nor aplenty does the adult know this is child abuse this is why Police are arresting her. Sad we got people like you guys who see no problem with it.

How would you like to be duct tape at school for misbehaving for a period of time? when you were six... please tell me i like to know

They're liberals. Children don't qualify as human beings to them.

Any restraint of liberty MUST be within legal guidelines, in loco parentis is not a license to do what was done nor exile a student to the closet for 8 hours, as an example.
Using duct tape is excessive and deserves censure, but not a kidnapping charge. What kind of little monster was the child? How many times had "appropriate" discipline failed?

Call the parents? What happens when they do nothing? What about the other kids in the classroom which this child presumably vacated after disruptive behavior? Do they deserve to have their educational opportunities eliminated by one spoiled brat?

I would like to see a policy wherein parents with misbehaving little monsters were told "Get a private tutor or school The education is still mandatory, but your failure to instill even a tiny a modicum of respect means the heathen is no longer permitted in the public school system. Failure to see to said education will see you charged with neglect."
If parents faced the real prospect of being forced to cough up a few thousand dollars every year or make their "darling child" behave in school, they might decide to teach the tykes manners.

It is kidnapping. Anytime you restrain a person, it can be charged as kidnapping.

In this case, kidtaping.

How radical!!! Parental responsibility!! That would be a damned good start. I blame the parents if 6 yr olds can't behave.

It is kidnapping. Anytime you restrain a person, it can be charged as kidnapping.In this case, kidtaping.

Yeah...just ask OJ Simpson.

Also there's the crime of unlawful imprisonment.

Which is what duct taping would likely come under.

Nobody has a right to ductape a kid. Or anyone else, for that matter.

You cannot assume nothing going to happen god people like you drive me nuts. You want want to think the parents will never do anything at all.

For some reason I am not seeing a problem........with the duct tape. And technically, children don't have constitutional rights, and due process is handled by the school board.......not the courts, and if you have a problem they can wait you out......until the kid has graduated.

For some reason I am not seeing a problem........with the duct tape. And technically, children don't have constitutional rights, and due process is handled by the school board.......not the courts, and if you have a problem they can wait you out......until the kid has graduated.

There is no technically don't about about it, children DO have constitutional rights, see Tinker, 1969.

"Children do not loose thier constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate".

New Jersey v. TLO, 1984, citing Tinker, states that although Teachers/school officials are agents of the government, they are not as constrained as police are concerning the 4th AM, but they STILL are, so yes, school children DO have Constitutional rights.

The US SC just decided a case THIS year where they ruled the strip search of a 13 year old by school officials violated her constitutional rights.

Due Process IS handled by the courts, IF the actions are challenged, such as a school suspension, relief may be sought in Court. The school board is not the final arbiter.

Last edited:

more clues:clap2: people in the world

Forum List

Back