School secretary arrested for allegedly duct taping 1st grader

Someone should duct tape that bitch's lips shut, and I don't mean the ones on her face.:evil:

Ha!!! It is Halloween after all!! :lol:

The use of mechanical restraints on students are Constitutionally FROWNED upon.

As a student, and still do at times, I have trouble breathing. If I had my mouth taped shut, I would have difficulty breathing out of my nose.

This is more than a paddling, this is a possible life threatening situation, and children are MORE vulnerable to such as this than adults, thier respiratory systems are not fully developed at that age.

If she were to be sued in a Civil suit either in an individual or official capacity, or both, she will fall.

this reminds me of a parnk some high school kids did to there teachers duct tape them and i believe they got in deep tourble.

It sad we got adults who don't know how to handle kids who misbehave also for another fact

"
"Hopefully she won't be working around kids anymore. " Most school's will not do a background or ignore it complement so i am sure she be working with kids once again

Good for the secretary. And where is the discipline by the parents that would have ensured this incident would never have occurred?

he a six year old they don't know better all the time, nor aplenty does the adult know this is child abuse this is why Police are arresting her. Sad we got people like you guys who see no problem with it.

How would you like to be duct tape at school for misbehaving for a period of time? when you were six... please tell me i like to know

My view....No Harm...No foul

you view just plan needs to think of the law and dangerous of it. what if there was a fire?
what if the kid was choking to death? what if he didn't learn to breath out of his noise?

those are chances as an adult in school should know better. and sadly i hope you both never ever have kids cause you be terrible parents

Good for the secretary. And where is the discipline by the parents that would have ensured this incident would never have occurred?

he a six year old they don't know better all the time, nor aplenty does the adult know this is child abuse this is why Police are arresting her. Sad we got people like you guys who see no problem with it.

How would you like to be duct tape at school for misbehaving for a period of time? when you were six... please tell me i like to know

you view just plan needs to think of the law and dangerous of it. what if there was a fire?
what if the kid was choking to death? what if he didn't learn to breath out of his noise?

those are chances as an adult in school should know better. and sadly i hope you both never ever have kids cause you be terrible parents

His noise?? Is Curly from the Three Stooges his dad?

They never had duct tape when I was a 1st grader, we just had a principal who knew the name of every parent and the LAST person you wanted to be was a kid sitting in the Principals Office because you did something that made her call your parents....yes, using a telephone because it was a new invention at the time

We had very mean nuns who had paddles to beat you with and these clickers they used to get your attention and additionally served a second purpose to rap us on the knuckles if we got out of line..

Duct tape.. wtf? The kid should consider herself lucky. :razz:

I was taught by the Irish Christian Brothers and trained by mean U.S.M.C. Drill Instructors but nothing strikes fear into my heart more than the memories of some of the nuns I was taught by in grammar school.

His noise?? Is Curly from the Three Stooges his dad?

what about if he had to breath through in hail-or? hun? Hun? kids learn things at different age level.

See when i was a kid i was picking up rocks cause i like to collect them teacher came over to me and told me to go to the wall, my friends came over in protected me and the bell rung so i got save by the bell.

I was harming no one.

Do you know what you could be charged with by the police if you duct taped someone down and prevented them from leaving the room for a period of time?
Kidnapping.
That is an unlikely charge here as the secretary was in a legal position to act in a custodial position for that child. Otherwise every school and parent could face charges of kidnapping the children they are supposed to be caring for as soon as the child decided to whine about their "abduction."

Again...what is the harm to the kid? My brother used to do much worse to me

What if there was a fire? Nowhere does it say the kid was duct taped and left alone. If there was a fire, you pull off the tape and the kid will still be out the door before most of his classmates.

Learn to breathe through his nose?? Even an infant knows how to breathe through his nose

And yes I am a parent and raised two kids to adulthood. However, I was not one of those parents who got a lawyer every time my kid was disciplined. I sided with the school or the teacher when my kid was in trouble. And I wouldn't have minded duct tape...I find it funny, not criminal

Last edited:
They never had duct tape when I was a 1st grader, we just had a principal who knew the name of every parent and the LAST person you wanted to be was a kid sitting in the Principals Office because you did something that made her call your parents....yes, using a telephone because it was a new invention at the time

We had very mean nuns who had paddles to beat you with and these clickers they used to get your attention and additionally served a second purpose to rap us on the knuckles if we got out of line..

Duct tape.. wtf? The kid should consider herself lucky. :razz:

I was taught by the Irish Christian Brothers and trained by mean U.S.M.C. Drill Instructors but nothing strikes fear into my heart more than the memories of some of the nuns I was taught by in grammar school.

I know, right? They were scary.

And yes I am a parent and raised two kids to adulthood. However, I was not one of those parents who got a lawyer every time my kid was disciplined. I sided with the school or the teacher when my kid was in trouble. And I wouldn't have minded duct tape...I find it funny, not criminal

Absent criminality, as you see none, do you see any Constitutional violations or even questionable violations?

Kidnapping.
That is an unlikely charge here as the secretary was in a legal position to act in a custodial position for that child. Otherwise every school and parent could face charges of kidnapping the children they are supposed to be caring for as soon as the child decided to whine about their "abduction."

Any restraint of liberty MUST be within legal guidelines, in loco parentis is not a license to do what was done nor exile a student to the closet for 8 hours, as an example.

Last edited:
Do you know what you could be charged with by the police if you duct taped someone down and prevented them from leaving the room for a period of time?
Kidnapping.

It is VERY unlikely that she WOULD be charged with kidnapping but it is possible none the less. The school has no choice but to shit can her and distance themselves as best they can. I will also go out on a limb and guess that her "custodial position" over the child does not authorize the usage of duct tape for silencing and confinement.

Can anyone point me to the DPS guidelines on usage of duct tape? Linky? :lol:

Very telling. I find that those who think that our schools should be the ones teaching our children their values and morals are all for this.

I am absolutely certain that every teacher in this country knows how to use a phone.

I can tell every teacher on this planet that they would not survive if this was done to one of My grandchildren. My children are grown and can defend themselves.

It is the parents duty and right to discipline their children. Not the schools.

Wow. The telephone was a new invention in your time?
You're fucking OOOOld Frank.

Forum List

Back