School breakfast being pushed

often pop tarts or a bowl of frosted flakes. With our school system, there are kind of tiers to the breakfast depending on what time you arrive at the school. You will get something cooked if you get there when they first open, but if you roll in with very little time before school starts, pop tarts and the little foil top plastic cup of juice you get to check the box you were fed.
That's no good the sugar will do them more harm than good. It is an issue for some parents to get behind and push for something more healthy.

Of course, libtard politicians are pushing forward the idea of forcing tasteless gruel on the children in the government school system, because its made by unionized school employees.

I don't think its a good idea at all, but IF the schools must have free school breakfasts, have something the kids will enjoy and actually eat. It would be a lot more cost effective to contract with Krispy Kreme or other fine establishment to roll one of their donut trucks on to the parking lot every morning before school. Kids like donuts, and donuts and coffee will provide them with all of the needed energy to get through their morning studies.

Donuts come in scores of different varieties and so does coffee. A child could have a different breakfast every morning for months with a meal they would eat. I worked in many offices during my life, and when people brought in donuts, they would be scarfed up immediately. Little waste, and doing it in the parking lot makes it easy to police the area afterwards and leave the lot pristine.

Somebody's getting a kickback from Big Donut.

I had the free breakfast at elementary school we had smoked sausage with'' scrambled egg?'' and a slice of that freshly baked bread they made with a carton of milk. What do they get today?
In my Texas junior high, the idea is to provide "healthy" meals by having each item have one claim to healthiness. For example, they have cinnamon rolls with lots of sugar, but . . . whole grain. White milk or chocolate milk, but the chocolate is low fat. They also have juice and fresh or frozen fruit. Lunch is very bland, no spiciness. They used to give the kids packets of tajin which is kind of a Mexican version of Zatarains that our population loves. No more.

It's unappatizing, and they are required to take specific items. Most of it goes in the trash.

In Special Ed, I work with ADHD kids, and I'd love to give them coffee in the morning.

That's no good the sugar will do them more harm than good. It is an issue for some parents to get behind and push for something more healthy.

LOL. The public school menu normal for breakfast is fruit juice or milk, fruit cup and Monday "Breakfast Pizza"; Tuesday Waffles and syrup; Wednesday Cereal and Toast; Thursday Pancakes & Syrup; Friday blueberry muffins. You can push all you want, but when the government is only paying less than $2 per meal (seems like I heard it is $1.88 cents), it isn't likely you are going to find something more healthy. It is processed, sugary as little prep as necessary stuff. They aren't funded to have several people come in early every day to prepare meals from scratch for the small number of students who actually show up for breakfast. Since the buses arrive only 10-15 minutes before class if they are on-time, most students don't even get there in time to do a sit down meal.

Some nations actually care about what they feed their children.

And none of the French kids are fat .

They eat well but healthy and they carry it on into adulthood
Our kids get micro plastics

It's disappointing seeing all the black faces ....white western European cultures should be protected and preserved

Dats wacisssss.... I don't care

I loved living in France ....I have a soft spot for the frogs

LOL. The public school menu normal for breakfast is fruit juice or milk, fruit cup and Monday "Breakfast Pizza"; Tuesday Waffles and syrup; Wednesday Cereal and Toast; Thursday Pancakes & Syrup; Friday blueberry muffins. You can push all you want, but when the government is only paying less than $2 per meal (seems like I heard it is $1.88 cents), it isn't likely you are going to find something more healthy. It is processed, sugary as little prep as necessary stuff. They aren't funded to have several people come in early every day to prepare meals from scratch for the small number of students who actually show up for breakfast. Since the buses arrive only 10-15 minutes before class if they are on-time, most students don't even get there in time to do a sit down meal.
Yet our corrupt government has hundreds of billions for Ukraine and trillions for the MIC.

We live in a failed state.

Why is it funny?

You seem to have a lot of issues with this country, but it is not the only country in the world. There are some great choices out there that do not have a lot of the problems we do in this country.

Why is it funny?

You seem to have a lot of issues with this country, but it is not the only country in the world. There are some great choices out there that do not have a lot of the problems we do in this country.
Yeah I know you just love EVERYTHING about our country.

Yeah I know you just love EVERYTHING about our country.

I love the country, but not everything about it and with in a max of 6 years I will leave it to retire elsewhere with the plan of never living here permanently again

Forum List

Back