Scary Stuff of the Homegrown Variety

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/07/eveningnews/main592012.shtml

Homegrown Terrorist Plot?

William Krar and Judith Bruey (Photo: CBS)

In the wake of Sept. 11, there is concern that homegrown terrorists may be operating under the federal radar.

(CBS) In the East Texas hamlet of Noonday -- known for onions, not anarchy -- federal agents arrested a common-law couple last April. They were hiding a weapons cache, including, as CBS News Correspondent Bob McNamara reports, the makings of a sophisticated sodium cyanide bomb capable of killing thousands.

Originally posted by Hannitized
Goodness, that's scary. You never know who your neighbors are. :(

I suppose you need to check the gut!

In the wake of Sept. 11, there is concern that homegrown terrorists may be operating under the federal radar.

If they are operating under the federal radar, how did we find them? It is scary, but I am glad to see that the FEDS were on the ball and stopped them before anything happened.

Many believe McVeigh and Nichols had help from Islamic terrorists (huge Muslim community in OK City and Dallas/Ft. Worth just to the south of there). I wonder if these folks were getting help from them also? You know the saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". That is a saying that both the Muslims and Supremacists probably wholeheartedly believe in.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
If they are operating under the federal radar, how did we find them? It is scary, but I am glad to see that the FEDS were on the ball and stopped them before anything happened.

Many believe McVeigh and Nichols had help from Islamic terrorists (huge Muslim community in OK City and Dallas/Ft. Worth just to the south of there). I wonder if these folks were getting help from them also? You know the saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". That is a saying that both the Muslims and Supremacists probably wholeheartedly believe in.

If you know me, you know I'm not much into conspiracy. I've seen and read enough to be open to Iraq for OKC help.

Iraq for OKC?

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic. I think there is better than even chance that Iraq 'helped' McVeigh.

Interesting Reading

I've often wondered if McVeigh and Nichols had converted while in Saudi Arabia/Kuwait. I remember during Desert Shield that we were OFTEN approached by Muslims trying to convert us. They would drive up to our permimeter when we would be on guard duty and call us over wanting to teach us about Islam and shit. There were more than a couple in our Battalion that really listened and started studying. In an effort not to offend our "hosts", our commanders didn't make them leave and soldiers would sit around and talk to the guys. I avoided them myself. I didn't want to have anything to do with somebody I might be shooting at later.

If what I'm reading is correct, it looks like a package they mailed was delivered to the wrong location and that's how they got caught.

What's scary about this couple is that there are other people involved in this and neither are willing to give up names and/or details of the "terrorist plot". The woman is only facing 5 years in jail. What happens when she gets out?

Scary shit.

Forum List

Back