Scariest horror film of all time on TCM tonite 12 am eastern

The scariest movie I ever saw was the first version of "Candyman".

Took me a couple of days before I could look in the mirror without getting nervous.

youve been warned

The scariest movie I ever saw, I don't know the name, was about a guy who cut body parts of people on stage. Now, the scary thing about it was that you didn't actually know whether this cheapo film, was actually doing this for real or not.

BTW, have a chance to see Creature from the Black Lagoon this week, and the Nelson Eddy version of Phantom of the Opera next week on the big screen.

Very tempted to make the drive

7145__x400_curse_of_demon_poster_04.jpg

Pop culture educated people under fifty probably wouldn't know a horror movie plot if they fell over it. The junk that passes for horror movies these days and for the past couple of decades is nothing but realistic blood letting and digital action not unlike a video game. It's interesting to note that director George Romero changed the face of zombies forever in his low budget "Night of the Living Dead" hit, shot for about a hundred bucks in a New Jersey farmhouse. Before Romero's version of brain hungry cannibal zombies they were seen as stiff legged corpses that killed only at the direction of a master (usually Bella Lagosi). Hitchcock's movie "Psycho" (loosely based on a real life character Ed. Ghein) was so well done that most people would swear that they actually saw the female character being stabbed in the shower but they didn't.

Forum List

Back