scalice did not speak at racist event...do you trust lib media?

What exactly is EURO, anyway? Well...

The European-American Unity and Rights Organization (EURO) is a white nationalist organization in the United States. Led by former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, David Duke, it was founded in 2000.

Initially, it was to be called the National Organization for European-American Rights (or NO FEAR), until the use of the name was legally challenged by No Fear Inc. The group was one of the original signatories of the 2004 New Orleans Protocol, a mostly US-based alliance of white nationalist and white supremacist groups.

As of 2015 it is designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[1]

More: European-American Unity and Rights Organization - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The European-American Unity and Rights Organization (EURO) is a white nationalist organization in the United States. Led by former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, David Duke, it was founded in 2000.

Initially, it was to be called the National Organization for European-American Rights (or NO FEAR), until the use of the name was legally challenged by No Fear Inc. The group was one of the original signatories of the 2004 New Orleans Protocol, a mostly US-based alliance of white nationalist and white supremacist groups.

More: European-American Unity and Rights Organization - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Well....since he didn't attend the meeting, as reported by left wing site Slate.com...I guess this is now a non story...right?

Now Newsweek confirms he did not speak at the event.....so it is now a non story...right....? Since nothing actually happened....right?

http://www.newsweek.com/did-rep-steve-scalise-actually-speak-racist-event-2002-295834

Kenny Knight, a longtime Duke associate and local organizer of the EURO conference, told The Daily Beast Tuesday that he invited Scalise to speak but not at the conference. Rather, Knight said, he invited Scalise to speak at a gathering of the Jefferson Heights Civic Association, which was held before the EURO event.

Knight said Scalise did speak at that event, in between a representative from the Red Cross and a representative of the local sheriff’s department. Knight told the Beast that the civic association meeting was attended by constituents of Scalise’s. Both events happened in the same hotel space at the Best Western Landmark Hotel in Metairie, Louisiana.

Knight did not respond to a request for comment from Newsweek.

Barbara Noble, Knight’s girlfriend at the time, who also said she attended the EURO conference, told Slate that Scalise did not speak there.

Newsweek attempted to contact Scalise by email and phone, but has yet to receive a response.

Scalise took several days to confirm whether he had attended the EURO event after the news broke Sunday, initially saying he couldn’t recall.

Throughout the process, he has adamantly maintained that he did not know that the event was sponsored by a white supremacist group and that he “wholeheartedly condemns” its views.

Because the event he actually spoke at wasn't the racist event....so...again....nothing happened...so no story....right?

What is amazing to me...though not really, not anymore....the racist connections bill clinton had that were buried or ignored by the media wing of the democrat party....actual segregationists....the old school kind...william fulbright...and orval faubus....and not one story surfaced in the national media at the time....any one of those connections would have ended a republican candidates run for the Presidency.....
Either republican party opposition research and right wing media is horrifically inept or there was nothing there.

Either way - you lose.

Well....since he didn't attend the meeting, as reported by left wing site Slate.com...I guess this is now a non story...right?
To repeat, diddlehead:

"the guy who set up the community event" and asked Scalise to .attend the meeting (even if we go with *the other* supposed meeting) was KKK. David Dukes adviser.

So even *if* that story is true - Scalise still accepted and cordially attended the meeting by invite of one of the Klan. He had to have known he was Klan, as Knight is a long time associate of Duke.

By the way, the Klan member who invited Scalise to attend also donated 1000.00 to Scalise.

I'm sure he happily accepted that as well.

To repeat, diddlehead:

"the guy who set up the community event" and asked Scalise to .attend the meeting (even if we go with *the other* supposed meeting) was KKK. David Dukes adviser.

So even *if* that story is true - Scalise still accepted and cordially attended the meeting by invite of one of the Klan. He had to have known he was Klan, as Knight is a long time associate of Duke.

By the way, the Klan member who invited Scalise to attend also donated 1000.00 to Scalise.

And the Red Cross is a racist organization....since they spoke at the event scalise spoke at....an not the racist event.....right?

Steve KKK Scalise should become his permanent appellation. Give RWnuts a taste of their own medicine.

You guys called Robert "sheets" Byrd "the Conscience of the Senate."

Hey John, you hear that?
Sen. John McCain
M000303.jpg

R
AZ
Mr. President, no Senator has ever loved the institution of the U.S. Senate more than Senator Robert Byrd. I firmly believe that. He truly believed that the upper Chamber of Congress was the greatest deliberative body on Earth and he always strived to preserve its traditions and history for the generations to come as well as being the Senate's foremost instructor on Senate procedure and process.

I was able to be a ``student'' of Senator Byrd's instruction when we worked together in 2005 to preserve Senate rule XXII, commonly known as the ``filibuster.'' Senator Byrd joined with me, along with six other Republican Senators and six Democrat Senators to form what became the ``Gang of 14.'' During the meetings between these 14 Members, which were often held in my office, I fondly recall the silence that would overcome the room when Senator Byrd spoke about the history of the filibuster and the rights of the minority in the Senate. It is not often that 13 members of the Senate are quiet for any given period of time. But Senator Byrd's stature and intellect brought the room to a standstill.

Senator Byrd is remembered for being a strong majority leader and minority leader for his party. But as he reminded all of us during those meetings in my office...

Much more:Remembering Senator Robert C. Byrd Capitol Words

Et tu, Saxby?

Sen. Saxby Chambliss
C000286.jpg

R
GA
Mr. President, I rise to pay tribute to a colleague whose devotion to this body, and to this Nation, was personal, heartfelt and legendary. I am talking about none other than the senior senator from West Virginia, Senator Robert Byrd.

Senator Byrd's time on Earth was a life characterized by commitment. He exemplified this rare quality through his 70-year marriage to his high school sweetheart Erma James Byrd. But this was far from the only deep commitment in Senator Byrd's life. His dedication to the U.S. Senate was proved by his actions and his storied career. His life in the Senate began in 1958 with a victory that included 59 percent of the vote, the smallest margin of victory in Senator Byrd's half century-plus career. During his 57 years in Congress, Byrd worked with 12 future Presidents. He was known for telling his colleagues that he did not serve under any Presidents, but alongside them.

In Senator Byrd's portrait in the Old Senate Chamber, his image is surrounded by his wife, the Bible, and the U.S. Constitution. This is only fitting, considering that Senator Byrd used references from the Bible and the U.S. Constitution in many of his speeches and in his everyday dealings with fellow lawmakers.

Steve KKK Scalise should become his permanent appellation. Give RWnuts a taste of their own medicine.

Hey John, you hear that?
Sen. John McCain
M000303.jpg

R
AZ
Mr. President, no Senator has ever loved the institution of the U.S. Senate more than Senator Robert Byrd. I firmly believe that. He truly believed that the upper Chamber of Congress was the greatest deliberative body on Earth and he always strived to preserve its traditions and history for the generations to come as well as being the Senate's foremost instructor on Senate procedure and process.

I was able to be a ``student'' of Senator Byrd's instruction when we worked together in 2005 to preserve Senate rule XXII, commonly known as the ``filibuster.'' Senator Byrd joined with me, along with six other Republican Senators and six Democrat Senators to form what became the ``Gang of 14.'' During the meetings between these 14 Members, which were often held in my office, I fondly recall the silence that would overcome the room when Senator Byrd spoke about the history of the filibuster and the rights of the minority in the Senate. It is not often that 13 members of the Senate are quiet for any given period of time. But Senator Byrd's stature and intellect brought the room to a standstill.

Senator Byrd is remembered for being a strong majority leader and minority leader for his party. But as he reminded all of us during those meetings in my office...

Which is why Senator McCain has never been a friend of conservatives in the Republican party....as radio host, and legal professor Hugh Hewitt has said it....John McCain is a great American, a lousy Senator and a rotten Republican.....you are barking up the wrong tree with McCain...conservatives grew tired of him a long time ago....for stuff just like this....since we can't stand racists like democrat robert 'sheets' byrd.....

To repeat, diddlehead:

And the Red Cross is a racist organization....since they spoke at the event scalise spoke at....an not the racist event.....right?
You know the only one giving you that information about the *other* meeting is KKK, right?

A Duke advisor who contributed 1000.00 to Scalise.

Hey John, you hear that?
Sen. John McCain
M000303.jpg

R
AZ

So? Only liberals support John McCain. Conservatives think he's a putz.

Funny, how Trent lott praised Strom Thurmond on his birthday and was cast out of his leadership position, though Strom Thurmond renounced his racist past....and john McCain, lover of democrats didn't lose anything praising robert 'sheets' byrd, former klan member and klan kleagle.....

To repeat, diddlehead:

You know the only one giving you that information about the *other* meeting is KKK, right?

A Duke advisor who contributed 1000.00 to Scalise.

And again....the Red Cross, which also went to the meeting that wasn't the racist meetiing...meaning there is no story here as reported by Slate.com and Newsweek....are racists as well....?

It is funny that the libs can go right to John McCain....to stab conservatives in the back....that is why he lost the election.....he never passed up an opprotunity to side with the democrats and stab conservative republicans in the back.....a great American for his service to his country...but a lousy Senator and a rotten Republican.....

It is funny that the libs can go right to John McCain....to stab conservatives in the back....that is why he lost the election.....he never passed up an opprotunity to side with the democrats and stab conservative republicans in the back.....a great American for his service to his country...but a lousy Senator and a rotten Republican.....

The thing I wonder about is why any Republican would ever vote for this piece of crap. How does he keep getting reelected?

And Mitchy?

A tribute to the loved and respected Senator Byrd (Sen. Mitch McConnell)
By Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.)

More than anyone else in any of our lifetimes, Bob Byrd embodied the Senate. He not only wrote the book on it, he was a living repository of its rules, its customs and its prerogatives. So it would be a mistake to think that Senator Byrd became synonymous with the Senate simply because he served in it longer than anybody else. Rather, it was a fitting coincidence that a man who cherished and knew this place so well would become its longest serving member.
And yet it’s probably true that he’ll be remembered above all for his longevity.

Everyone seems to have a different way of communicating just how long a time he spent here. For me, it’s enough to note that Robert Byrd had already spent nearly 20 years serving in elected office in West Virginia and in the House of Representatives before he was elected to the U.S. Senate — during the Eisenhower administration.

And over the years, he would walk the floor with four future presidents, four of the 12 he would serve alongside in a 57-year career in Congress. I won’t enumerate all the legislative records Senator Byrd held. But I would venture to say that the figure that probably made him proudest of all was the nearly 70 years of marriage he spent with a coal miner’s daughter named Erma.

If he was synonymous with the Senate, he was no less synonymous with West Virginia. Here’s how popular Robert Byrd was in his home state: In the year Robert Byrd was first elected to the U.S. Senate, 1958, he won with 59 percent of the vote — a margin that most people around here would consider a landslide. In a record nine Senate elections, it was the smallest margin of victory he would ever get.

Members will offer tributes of their own in the coming days.

I’ll just close with this. Last year, in becoming the longest serving member of Congress in history, Senator Byrd surpassed another legendary figure, Carl Hayden of Arizona. Hayden was known to many as the “Silent Senator” — a phrase few would use to describe Senator Byrd.

But what the two men shared was a devotion to the United States and, in particular, to the legislative branch of our government, which the founders envisioned and established as coequal with the other two.

A few years ago, Senator Byrd’s official portrait was unveiled at an event in the Old Senate Chamber. And I think that portrait pretty well sums up the image Senator Byrd wanted to leave of himself. It’s the image of a dignified man, in the classical mold, supported by three things: the Bible, the U.S. Constitution and his wife. A lot of people looked at Senator Byrd’s record-long tenure in Congress, his immense knowledge of poetry, history and the Senate, and wondered where he got the strength. With this painting, he gave us the answer. He showed us the anchors.

As I noted at that ceremony, Senator Byrd once wrote that if the question was whether to be loved or respected, he always chose to be respected. Yet his real accomplishment is that, in the end, he managed to be both.

So I join my colleagues, my fellow Americans, the people of West Virginia, and the Byrd family today in remembering our colleague. We’ll surely miss him."

A tribute to the loved and respected Senator Byrd Sen. Mitch McConnell TheHill

You, too, huh?

And Mitchy?

A tribute to the loved and respected Senator Byrd (Sen. Mitch McConnell)
By Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.)

More than anyone else in any of our lifetimes, Bob Byrd embodied the Senate. He not only wrote the book on it, he was a living repository of its rules, its customs and its prerogatives. So it would be a mistake to think that Senator Byrd became synonymous with the Senate simply because he served in it longer than anybody else. Rather, it was a fitting coincidence that a man who cherished and knew this place so well would become its longest serving member.
And yet it’s probably true that he’ll be remembered above all for his longevity.

Everyone seems to have a different way of communicating just how long a time he spent here. For me, it’s enough to note that Robert Byrd had already spent nearly 20 years serving in elected office in West Virginia and in the House of Representatives before he was elected to the U.S. Senate — during the Eisenhower administration.

And over the years, he would walk the floor with four future presidents, four of the 12 he would serve alongside in a 57-year career in Congress. I won’t enumerate all the legislative records Senator Byrd held. But I would venture to say that the figure that probably made him proudest of all was the nearly 70 years of marriage he spent with a coal miner’s daughter named Erma.

If he was synonymous with the Senate, he was no less synonymous with West Virginia. Here’s how popular Robert Byrd was in his home state: In the year Robert Byrd was first elected to the U.S. Senate, 1958, he won with 59 percent of the vote — a margin that most people around here would consider a landslide. In a record nine Senate elections, it was the smallest margin of victory he would ever get.

Members will offer tributes of their own in the coming days.

I’ll just close with this. Last year, in becoming the longest serving member of Congress in history, Senator Byrd surpassed another legendary figure, Carl Hayden of Arizona. Hayden was known to many as the “Silent Senator” — a phrase few would use to describe Senator Byrd.

But what the two men shared was a devotion to the United States and, in particular, to the legislative branch of our government, which the founders envisioned and established as coequal with the other two.

A few years ago, Senator Byrd’s official portrait was unveiled at an event in the Old Senate Chamber. And I think that portrait pretty well sums up the image Senator Byrd wanted to leave of himself. It’s the image of a dignified man, in the classical mold, supported by three things: the Bible, the U.S. Constitution and his wife. A lot of people looked at Senator Byrd’s record-long tenure in Congress, his immense knowledge of poetry, history and the Senate, and wondered where he got the strength. With this painting, he gave us the answer. He showed us the anchors.

As I noted at that ceremony, Senator Byrd once wrote that if the question was whether to be loved or respected, he always chose to be respected. Yet his real accomplishment is that, in the end, he managed to be both.

So I join my colleagues, my fellow Americans, the people of West Virginia, and the Byrd family today in remembering our colleague. We’ll surely miss him."

A tribute to the loved and respected Senator Byrd Sen. Mitch McConnell TheHill

You, too, huh?

McConnel is another establishment RINO that conservatives would like to dispose of.

Forum List

Back