Scalia Rewrites History, Claims 5-4 Bush v. Gore Decision ‘Wasn’t Even Close’

I take delight in forcing you guys to read. The final vote was 5 to 4 and thank you very much. Remember, if you try to answer the question in an exam you will fail if you do not answer 5-4.

I did read the entire decision. Opinions and all. In fact I have a repository of case law from all 50 states and Federal stored on this hard drive. You stated earlier that only the 5-4 decision was per curiam. You lied Jake.
He lied, and he is proud of it.

I feel no guilt in flushing out your lies with your own tool. We did it in the military to the enemy, and you reactionaries are the enemy to America. The deciding vote was 5 to 4, and the big lies by you folks were your denials. Got you on record now.

Last edited:
I take delight in forcing you guys to read. The final vote was 5 to 4 and thank you very much. Remember, if you try to answer the question in an exam you will fail if you do not answer 5-4.

I did read the entire decision. Opinions and all. In fact I have a repository of case law from all 50 states and Federal stored on this hard drive. You stated earlier that only the 5-4 decision was per curiam. You lied Jake.

I feel no guilt in flushing out your lies with your own tool. We did it in the military to the enemy, and you reactionaries are the enemy to America. The deciding vote was 5 to 4, and the big lies by you folks were your denials. Got you on record now.

The irony is that the 7-2 decision implies every election with mult means of vote counting implicates equal protection .... and it does. LOL

But the 5-4 wasn't close. Renfield and Sandy Baby weren't gonna sit through 8 more years. Not gonna happen. LOL

As if your little record means anything on an internet forum, Jake. You have a major inferiority complex. You ignored the other per curiam decision that took place. Oh, I'm shakin in my boots. Jake "has me on record now"

:lmao:

According to dimwitcraps a 52% to 48% voting outcome is a landslide of historic proportions so what's the problem with Scalia's statement?

The irony is that the 7-2 decision implies every election with mult means of vote counting implicates equal protection .... and it does. LOL
Election law must provide equal protection for the voters.
FL election law did not and was struck, 7-2.
Not sure why anyone has an issue with this.

Jake: I feel no guilt in flushing out your lies with your own tool. The deciding vote was 5 to 4, and the big lies by you folks were your denials. Got you on record now.

As if your little record means anything on an internet forum,.

You whine because you got caught out on lying. Such a sad little gamer. SCOTUS decided 5 to 4.

Jake: I feel no guilt in flushing out your lies with your own tool. The deciding vote was 5 to 4, and the big lies by you folks were your denials. Got you on record now.

You whine because you got caught out on lying. Such a sad little gamer. SCOTUS decided 5 to 4.

Do you always troll this much? SCOTUS decided on the constitutionality of the issue, 7-2. They voted officially 5-4 to end the recount and hand the election to Bush, based on that 7-2 decision.

You are dishonest, you always will be.

They voted officially 5-4 to end the recount and hand the election to Bush. . .

Yes, SCOTUS decided 5 to 4 end the recount and give the election to Bush. Thus the vote was not 7 to 2.

Last edited:

yeahhhhhhh, butttttt, if equal protection didn't allow all votes to be counted unequally with different means of voting (chads, computers, levers) then the entire election was bogus.

That has implications when the election result was within the statistical margin of error, as it was in Fla.

The constitutional provision to address that is simply that the legislature elects the electors. Bushii was gonna win Fla no matter what. But, it's still quite possible that Gore got the most votes.

I just posted to Jake that because the gop controlled the outcome, it was foolish for Renfield and Sandy Baby to use the nuclear option. We move on. JFK got killed. Democracy took a hit. The 8 years of bushii were possbibly the most cynical of my lifetime. The nation will survive. Obama, whom I don't really like, does bring a certain freshness.

maybe the gop will find a new Reagan. Romney actually tried. He was pathetic. Christie is there. I havn't given up on haley. The gov of Colo, a dem, actually has more in common with a small govt/personal libertarian view that did bushii. Portman has ties to bushii, but he's not a wingnut and can get dem votes.

yeahhhhhhh, butttttt, if equal protection didn't allow all votes to be counted unequally with different means of voting (chads, computers, levers) then the entire election was bogus.
Please restate this as it makes no sense...?

The constitutional provision to address that is simply that the legislature elects the electors
Incorrect.
EP is a constitutional issue. This was addressed in the 7-2 decision.
Legislatures being the sole source of presidential election law is a constitutional issue; this, after the 7-2 decision, meant further recounts were constitutionally impossible.

Please restate this as it makes no sense...?

The constitutional provision to address that is simply that the legislature elects the electors
Incorrect.
EP is a constitutional issue. This was addressed in the 7-2 decision.
Legislatures being the sole source of presidential election law is a constitutional issue; this, after the 7-2 decision, meant further recounts were constitutionally impossible.

right. the decision was obviously correct in that every statewide election, in which votes are unequally counted within counties or districts, violates EP. The const OBVIOUSLY mandates this result. It's simple.

If you think the decision is good or bad, that's your opinion. The decision was made and there is nothing that can be done to change that. If you don't like the way these elections turn out, then work harder to make the process better. But as long as you cling to this flawed idea called Democracy, you will continue to have these sort of problems with people who can't handle losing.
Of course there is something you can do about it. The Decision can be reversed. Doing that would go a long way in making sure it doesn't happen again.
:lol:
Tell us: How could this decision EVER be reversed?

My bad. Should have posted overturned.

Thanks professor.

Of course there is something you can do about it. The Decision can be reversed. Doing that would go a long way in making sure it doesn't happen again.
Tell us: How could this decision EVER be reversed?
My bad. Should have posted overturned.
Thanks professor.
:wtf:
You think there's a difference between "reversed" and "overturned"?
Tell us: How could this decision EVER be overturned?

The 7-2 decision in effect ended the count in Florida, at that ruling, the election was over. There was no way the votes could have been or would have been counted correctly.
No it wasn't.
They could have ruled that the election itself was flawed, and had a run off in Florida. There was more than enough reason to do that.
No, they could not, as this would require legislation to that effect.

1: Election law cannot change during an election
2: Only the state legislatuires may create election law

Given these two things, no remedy, including your suggestion, was possible.

Purging legitimate votes was illegal.

The election was terribly flawed..which, probably points to the fact that the electoral college should be scrapped and elections moved into the Federal domain. The majority should rule when it comes to the election of a President or anyone, really. There are more than enough mechanisms protecting "the rights" of the wealthy.

Last edited:
No it wasn't.
They could have ruled that the election itself was flawed, and had a run off in Florida. There was more than enough reason to do that.

The election was terribly flawed..which, probably points to the fact that the electoral college should be scrapped and elections moved into the Federal domain. The majority should rule when it comes to the election of a President or anyone, really. There are more than enough mechanisms protecting "the rights" of the wealthy.
Since you failed, and utterly so, to address what I said, I'll re-post to give you another opportunity:

Since you failed, and utterly so, to address what I said, I'll re-post to give you another opportunity:

Generally flawed analysis but at least arguable.

Ahem:

BUSH v. GORE

See those 4 dissent blocks up there?

Here, Bush v Gore for Dummies:

"In a 7-2 opinion, the court ordered that a ballot recount then being conducted in certain counties in Florida was to be stopped due to lacking a consistent standard. The court further declared, in a 5-4 vote, that there was insufficient time to establish standards for a new recount that would meet Florida's deadline for certifying electors. The ruling in effect awarded Bush the presidency."

Bush v. Gore

7-2 right

Not close

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No it wasn't.

yes, the election was terribly flawed, acorn had thousands of dead people voting, thousands casting multiple ballots, the military absentee ballots conveniently "lost", and yet Bush still won.

thats what pisses you off isn't it. you could not even win by cheating. :eek:

Forum List

Back