Say Yes to the Dress (TLC)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Say Yes to the Dress (SYTTD) is an American reality television series on TLC which follows events at Kleinfeld Bridal in Manhattan. The series shows the progress of individual sales associates, managers, and fitters at the store, along with profiling brides as they search for the perfect wedding dress. Common themes include: overwhelming advice of friends and family, the ability of the "perfect dress" to help a bride overcome personal difficulty, struggle with weight and body image concerns, and the challenge of staying in budget, especially in the case of dresses by Kleinfeld's exclusive designer, Pnina Tornai (one of the few designers ever mentioned by name in the show). Dresses sold on the show range from $1,300 to $40,000 (source of information: Wikipedia).

Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta is an American reality television series on TLC which follows events at Bridals by Lori in the Atlanta suburb of Sandy Springs. The series shows the progress of individual sales associates, managers, and fitters at the store, along with profiling brides as they search for the perfect wedding dress. It is a spin-off of Say Yes to the Dress (source of information: Wikipedia).

Both of these shows have become popular and have illuminated why TLC is such a creative and diversified reality and instructional programming network.

You're sitting at home on a weekend afternoon add notice a SYTTD marathon on TLC. You decide to get some wine and lounge while perusing the choices of brides-to-be at *Kleinfeld* or *Bridals by Lori* and cheer at the brides happy with their choice in wedding attire. Perhaps you know someone about to get married or are considering marriage (or planning one yourself) and find something eye-catching enough to do some dress-hunting. You realize how awesome a resource SYTTD really is!

This is a show that really stands out in the hall of reality/instructional programming. I like multiple reality/instructional shows such as The Real World, The People's Court, Iron Chef America, Cops, and Say Yes to the Dress. SYTTD stands out for its general 'couture flair.'

I can't decide, however, if Kleinfeld is superior to Bridals by Lori or if I should be embarrassed being a male viewer of this show. Some of the dialogue between the picky brides and the irked designers/attendants is priceless, and some is very standard/normal.

I nominate SYTTD as one of the two best reality/instructional TV shows...ever. The other win goes to Cops IMO.

====

BRIDE: Should I go huge or slinky?
DESIGNER: Gown or dress?
BRIDE: The gown makes me feel like a princess, but the dress makes me feel like a damsel.
DESIGNER: Princess or damsel??
BRIDE: The prices are comparable.
DESIGNER: They're also by the same designer.
BRIDE: The gown has some nice fitted elements (lace and sparkles).
DESIGNER: The dress has some nice lace and straps.
BRIDE: My fiancee would like the dress.
DESIGNER: But you like the gown?
BRIDE: I think so...yes!!!
DESIGNER: Well, that only took...30 minutes.

====

Say Yes to the Dress (Wikipedia)

syttd.jpg

there are people who actually sit and WATCH that stuff?
Offers insight to the American public, don't you think.

I do not know how to respond----nothing could be MORE boring
than that program---more than boring-----actually ANNOYING
Yes, yes it is.

Then again, this is not even a good example of the inanity that some people entertain themselves with. Bridezilla is likely even worse. It is not even new, lifestyles of the rich and famous was on a long time ago and was nothing more than a drool fest for the lustful.

there are people who actually sit and WATCH that stuff?
Offers insight to the American public, don't you think.

I do not know how to respond----nothing could be MORE boring
than that program---more than boring-----actually ANNOYING
Yes, yes it is.

Then again, this is not even a good example of the inanity that some people entertain themselves with. Bridezilla is likely even worse. It is not even new, lifestyles of the rich and famous was on a long time ago and was nothing more than a drool fest for the lustful.

Oh----I remember that one------I used to describe stupid sluts as "...she probably
sits and watches life-styles......... As in 'what jerk...'

Forum List

Back