Say Goodbye to the Following Republican Senators...

Senate votes down ban on earmarks - The Hill's On The Money

At least 2 of the eight Republican Senators will be gone next month... and now Lugar be gone in 2012.

Oh, this is hilarious.

Republicans want to ban earmarks which are like less than 1% of our budget, but they want to add tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires that will add four trillion over the next few years starting with more than 900 billion this year.

But wait, it gets even better. They want to cut unemployment for millions of American just before Christmas. And the cost?

Less than a quarter of one percent of our budget. Plus all the money not going into the economy because people won't be buying Christmas presents. But hey, maybe those gazillionaires will spend their Christmas someplace warm. Like another country.

The Republican scourge strikes again and America suffers.

Hey people, YOU voted them into office. Suffer the consequences.

No one cares about earmarks except idiots... they're a negligible expense and don't even represent one day's interest on our debt.

freaking morons... buying into this BS which deflects from real issues.

oh... and i don't think Lisa Murkowski is going anywhere since she just kicked your sorry teaparty butts. :cuckoo:

Politics can be so bizarre and disgraceful. The Democrats whined about those Earmarks 24/7 when their BOOOOOOOSH Boogeyman was in there. Now look at em defending them. You would think this would be a Bi-Partisan effort. Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely. That describes the Democratic Party perfectly at this point. They even used to bitch about raising the Debt. Limit too. Where do they stand on that one these days? You're right,those RINO's who voted against this will be gone soon. They're all disgraceful hypocrites.

Politics can be so bizarre and disgraceful. The Democrats whined about those Earmarks 24/7 when their BOOOOOOOSH Boogeyman was in there. Now look at em defending them. You would think this would be a Bi-Partisan effort. Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely. That describes the Democratic Party perfectly at this point. They even used to bitch about raising the Debt. Limit too. Where do they stand on that one these days? You're right,those RINO's who voted against this will be gone soon. They're all disgraceful hypocrites.

The political parties of the day talk out of two ends of their mouths. I really couldn't care less about earmarks in the long run even though I would like to see them abolished. The fact is though the big issue here is that both parties make an effort to bash earmarks when running for office but when the opportunity comes to back up their campaign promises they back out.

It's a blatant sign of corruption and I'm tired of sending my hard earned tax dollars to corrupt thieves.

actually, it was the rightwingnuts who whined about earmarks... led by ron paul who never met an earmark he didn't like.

although bridges to nowhere were pretty embarrassing for the repubs.

nice try.

actually, it was the rightwingnuts who whined about earmarks... led by ron paul who never met an earmark he didn't like.

although bridges to nowhere were pretty embarrassing for the repubs.

nice try.

I remember McCain when he was on his earmark kick, standing up in the senate listing hundreds of them. You're right, it is Rs who were so appalled by them. Now we find out who really are the earmark queens and kings.

Mitch McConnell for one.

No one cares about earmarks except idiots... they're a negligible expense and don't even represent one day's interest on our debt.

oh... and i don't think Lisa Murkowski is going anywhere since she just kicked your sorry teaparty butts. :cuckoo:

That's demonRat thinking for you. Like that 6.00 cup of Starbucks everyday. It's negligble spending therefore we should just spend the fuck outta it. For demonRats it don't matter. It's ain't their fucking money their spending. So, what the fuck. Spend the shit outta it. That's why we want you gone from Congress.

If demonRats didn't care about them they would have voted them gone, so again you are wrong wrong wrong wrong and more wrong.

That's demonRat thinking for you. Like that 6.00 cup of Starbucks everyday. It's negligble spending therefore we should just spend the fuck outta it. For demonRats it don't matter. It's ain't their fucking money their spending. So, what the fuck. Spend the shit outta it. That's why we want you gone from Congress.

Hey, Douchetool...

Either they cost money and they're worth cutting or they're not. Which is it.

If demonRats didn't care about them they would have voted them gone, so again you are wrong wrong wrong wrong and more wrong.

what are you talking about?

Earmarks are used as leverage to get votes for legislation that otherwise would be able to be stopped even before in bill form, much less so fail to pass into legislation. Earmarks boot up federal spending. Earmarks are particularly useful against republicans because they are seduced into the spending spiral. Otherwise Republicans understand that the moneys procured by congress and the allocations of the spending will be overseen by bureacrats back in their home districts. This is an important reason earmarks are more important to Republicans, they are like drinking the Kool-aid of bigger government because they undermine the Republican philosophy of smaller government.

Last edited:

Democrats like them because they are a "hook" for Republican participation in the bill generating mill. Democrats always have the advantage of being members of the "party of government" so they will get theirs from the bureacrats which administer funding in their districts.

Forum List

Back