say a prayer go to jail

i did not "wish" for any of this. now did i?

as for my beliefs and the problems what go with them....i live that daily...i have found that since i am in such a minority...people tend to dismiss my beliefs...i work with christians and jw's..they just go at each other...while i am on the sidelines...i do not hide what i believe nor do i try to push my beliefs on others...i have always contended the need to "convert" others is the major problems in some religions...when was the last time someone attempted to convert you to paganism?

You are trying right now. At least according to how you view this case we are talking about. JUST by talking about your religion you are attempting to convert me. Which is what these two are accused of. That simply by praying they are trying to convert people.

you are the one who brought up what i believe in...are you not? to try to prove some point? and i am not allowed to reply w/o accusations of trying to convert you? que surprise!

School is not the place for religion ... that's what churches and homes are for.

The Government has no authority to order people not to pray, nor to jail them if they do. You may want to reread the 1st Amendment.

Government employees also have a duty to obey all the laws, including the one that prevents them from establishing a religious alignment within the school.

Ban prayer, ban jesus, ban religion all together. And then ban guns.
Guns and religion = barriers to world peace.

Last I checked, one is Innocent till PROVEN Guilty and here you are advocating the Federal Government JAIL people for praying. You may want to think long and hard on that issue, you see, if the Government can jail Christians for praying then the majority can outlaw YOUR beliefs and jail YOU too.

so? YOU advocate jailing people for yelling on their OWN FRONT PORCH like mr gates, now don't you? Or is that only if a black person is yelling on their OWN front porch? hmmmm, i wonder?

hypocrite!

care

Last I checked, one is Innocent till PROVEN Guilty and here you are advocating the Federal Government JAIL people for praying. You may want to think long and hard on that issue, you see, if the Government can jail Christians for praying then the majority can outlaw YOUR beliefs and jail YOU too.

so? YOU advocate jailing people for yelling on their OWN FRONT PORCH like mr gates, now don't you? Or is that only if a black person is yelling on their OWN front porch? hmmmm, i wonder?

hypocrite!

care

You are an IDIOT. Thanks for proving it.

Gunny, you surely do not know American history, the Constitution, or its interpretation by the Supreme Court. But do let me remind you -- it's the courts who decide the Constitution, not the likes of you.

When in combat outpost, if one of my soldiers prayed out loud, I would have silenced him and so would have you.

Quit being an idiot.

I would never oppose anyone's right to pray any time, anywhere they want, even in public. However, when it happens in a school I think the situation is a little different, because depending on whether or not students were present and how the prayer occurred, it could be construed as trying to lead the students in prayer, which I do not agree with...although I definitely don't think it's an offense that deserves jail time; that's taking it way too far, in my opinion.

No:

Humanity = barrier to world peace.

Seriously, if people really wanted world peace, they'd just stop fighting.

Maybe...unless they were under the impression that their God was calling them to fight nonbelievers, heretics, sinners, etc., and that disobeying their God could mean an eternity in hell.

No:

Maybe...unless they were under the impression that their God was calling them to fight nonbelievers, heretics, sinners, etc., and that disobeying their God could mean an eternity in hell.

No, if people wanted world peace, they would all just stop fighting. It's a simple concept. Everyone claims to want world peace, but almost no one is willing to just stop fighting about something.

No:

No, if people wanted world peace, they would all just stop fighting. It's a simple concept. Everyone claims to want world peace, but almost no one is willing to just stop fighting about something.

It sounds like a simple concept, but people aren't that simple. There are too many variables you have to take into consideration...like religion. If you really, truly believed that to stop fighting would mean an eternity of fiery torment, would you? Hypothetical question, I know, but consider it. To what lengths would you go to avoid being burned and tortured for all of eternity? Would you maybe kill a few people that, according to your God and your fellow believers, are horrible and don't deserve to live anyway?

this is so stupid. people are so sensitive. let people pray in school. who cares? at the end of the day, does it make any difference?

It sounds like a simple concept, but people aren't that simple. There are too many variables you have to take into consideration...like religion. If you really, truly believed that to stop fighting would mean an eternity of fiery torment, would you? Hypothetical question, I know, but consider it. To what lengths would you go to avoid being burned and tortured for all of eternity? Would you maybe kill a few people that, according to your God and your fellow believers, are horrible and don't deserve to live anyway?

Aah ... which is the point I made to my pacifist friend, it's simply not possible, world peace is just impossible.

Aah ... which is the point I made to my pacifist friend, it's simply not possible, world peace is just impossible.

I don't know whether it's possible or not...I'm inclined to agree that it isn't. But I'm also inclined to think that taking religion out of the mix would drastically change that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

the overwheming majority of the students and parents support them...interesting little tidbit there huh

Forum List

Back