say a prayer go to jail

Fatality

SunCrackedSoul
Jul 15, 2009
Students, teachers and local pastors are protesting over a court case involving a northern Florida school principal and an athletic director who are facing criminal charges and up to six months in jail over their offer of a mealtime prayer.

There have been yard signs, T-shirts and a mass student protest during graduation ceremonies this spring on behalf of Pace High School Principal Frank Lay and school athletic director Robert Freeman, who will go on trial Sept. 17 at a federal district court in Pensacola for breaching the conditions of a lawsuit settlement reached last year with the American Civil Liberties Union.

"I have been defending religious freedom issues for 22 years, and I've never had to defend somebody who has been charged criminally for praying," said Mathew Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, the Orlando-based legal group that is defending the two school officials.

School prayer charges stir protests - Washington Times

waiting for liberals to defend these people.

Who the hell cares where the Bible says to pray. Why is the Federal Government violating the Civil and Religious rights of 2 citizens?

Who the hell cares where the Bible says to pray. Why is the Federal Government violating the Civil and Religious rights of 2 citizens?

well sgt...fatality is all about what is said in the bible....that is why he should care....

could this not be titled....break the law and go to jail?

well sgt...fatality is all about what is said in the bible....that is why he should care....

could this not be titled....break the law and go to jail?

They did not break the law. The Government is barred from ordering people not to pray.

"The defendants all admitted wrongdoing," said Daniel Mach, director of litigation for its freedom of religion program. "For example, the Pace High School teachers handbook asks teachers to 'embrace every opportunity to inculcate, by precept and example, the practice of every Christian virtue.' "

seems they were more into indoctrination that people want to admit...that is simply over the line...

Last I checked, one is Innocent till PROVEN Guilty and here you are advocating the Federal Government JAIL people for praying. You may want to think long and hard on that issue, you see, if the Government can jail Christians for praying then the majority can outlaw YOUR beliefs and jail YOU too.

perhaps confession is not good for the soul.

In January, the Santa Rosa County School District settled out of court with the ACLU, agreeing to several things, including a provision to bar all school employees from promoting or sponsoring prayers during school-sponsored events; holding school events at church venues when a secular alternative was available; or promoting their religious beliefs or attempting to convert students in class or during school-sponsored events.

no one can stop me from prayng. no one can stop anyone from praying....you may pray to your god or goddess at any time. but you are not allowed to force your prayers on others....that is the line most dont seem to understand.

perhaps confession is not good for the soul.

In January, the Santa Rosa County School District settled out of court with the ACLU, agreeing to several things, including a provision to bar all school employees from promoting or sponsoring prayers during school-sponsored events; holding school events at church venues when a secular alternative was available; or promoting their religious beliefs or attempting to convert students in class or during school-sponsored events.

And there is no evidence that they did any of that, you see DEAR, the School and the two men involved claim it happened AFTER hours with NO students present. Of course that would require you to actually read the story and catch the small snippet where this story actually reported something other then the ACLU version of events.

Again be careful what you wish for, Christians are 70 percent of the Country. If the Government can persecute them then how safe is a witch?

no one can stop me from prayng. no one can stop anyone from praying....you may pray to your god or goddess at any time. but you are not allowed to force your prayers on others....that is the line most dont seem to understand.

Except it was not forced, you see, no one can force anyone else to pray. And this involves ADULTS not children.

did you read where the principal sign that their were students there?

Mr. Mach said the event was during the school day and that Mr. Lay, the school's principal, has said in writing that students were present.

yea i read it all....refer from calling me dear.....simply gives me the creeps...thank you.

The Principle is one of the two accused. I seriously doubt he said any such thing. But then when the press is busy being one sided what do you expect.

I would think as a witch you would be worried about letting the Government try and jail people for mundane religious activity. I mean you are quite the minority and in the past the Majority has persecuted you.

Again I suggest you think hard and long about what you wish for.

i did not "wish" for any of this. now did i?

as for my beliefs and the problems what go with them....i live that daily...i have found that since i am in such a minority...people tend to dismiss my beliefs...i work with christians and jw's..they just go at each other...while i am on the sidelines...i do not hide what i believe nor do i try to push my beliefs on others...i have always contended the need to "convert" others is the major problems in some religions...when was the last time someone attempted to convert you to paganism?

Forum List

Back