Saw this today on an i-MiEV

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Washington Gas Energy Services, Inc. (WGES) -
Choose WGES Electricity for Improved Regional Air Quality and Reduce Your Carbon Footprint!

Washington Gas Energy Services (WGES) brings you an exciting electricity option - wind power from regional wind farms. Wind power, the world's fastest growing energy resource, displaces conventional power, reduces carbon dioxide and your carbon footprint, and helps eliminate air pollution problems such as smog and acid rain. Plus, wind is an unlimited resource with an unlimited supply! Electricity deregulation provides choices and wind power simply is the clean choice...the right choice.

All WGES electricity offers include wind power as a small percentage of the generation component. All residential WGES customers receive 5% of their electricity generated from clean, emissions-free wind power, and small commercial customers receive 3.5% wind power.

2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Electric Car | Mitsubishi Motors

eventually I will purchase enough panels to sell electricity back to the provider. How many deniers/carbon junkies can do that? :doubt: :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
eventually I will purchase enough panels to sell electricity back to the provider. How many deniers/carbon junkies can do that? :doubt: :eusa_shhh:

As a member of the oil and gas industry in 2 different centuries and 4 different decades now, I ALREADY sell power back to the utility, and use it to fuel my car as well. Been doing it for a couple years now I believe.

What took your slow ass so long to get with the program?

200 years from now solar will be waiting here for us. Can you say the same about coal and oil?

Dont know about you -- but solar only works for about 6 hours a day here. Leaves me every night or when those fluffy white things are in the sky. Maybe it's different in Yougostan or whereever you live..

The main problem with most EVs is their range. This makes them impractical for anything other than short trips and necessary to own another car, thus negating the fuel savings. Other problems include the power source (coal, oil, etc.) for their recharging and the disposal of their toxic batteries. Petroleum products will continue to power most cars for the intermediate future, while nuclear power will become the most efficient way to produce electricity.

Forum List

Back