Saw this little guy on one of the bird feeders last night

Yeah don't touch squirrels or chipmunks. I tried that as a kid ever so gently and man he ran up my arm in less than a second and disappeared leaving a couple dozen bite marks behind. It happened so fast I couldn't blink and their teeth are like tiny razor needles. I cried like a bitch and grandpa smacked me on the back of the head and grandma laughed. Never tried to touch one again.

I just have regular red squirrel's near me, some bunnies that live in the tree, and purple martins somewhere that come out and do acrobatics for me when I go out in the backyard.

My wife went outside to put away a couple of the bird feeders last night, which she does to keep the coons from wrecking them. This little feller was sitting on one of them, munching away at the sunflower seeds. He didn't seem to be particularly afraid of us and I was gonna pet him, but the wife said I probably shouldn't. It was a little flying squirrel and of course, my wife named him "Rocky."

View attachment 807803

View attachment 807804
View attachment 807805

He has beautiful big eyes!:biggrin:

He has beautiful big eyes!:biggrin:

Beautiful razor-sharp teeth too. I had a girlfriend once who had a pet sugar glider, which is basically a tiny squirrel. She would get drunk and pass out, and the darned thing would fly around the house. It bit me once when I was trying to catch it, and I bled.

Forum List

Back