Save the rats, keep rat families together!

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Sane governments do not come up with this crap.

VA AG Fears DC Law May Relocate Rat 'Families' to Virginia | CNSnews.com

Cuccinelli said D.C.'s new rat law--the Wildlife Protection Act of 2010 (Wildlife Protection Act of 2010.pdf) --is “crazier than fiction” because it requires that rats and other vermin not be killed but captured, preferably in families; no glue or snap traps can be utilized; the rodents must be relocated from where they are captured; and some of these animals may need to be transferred to a “wildlife rehabilitator” as part of their relocation process.

The law does not allow pest control professionals “to kill the dang rats,” Cuccinelli told CNSNews.com. “They have to capture them--then capture them in families. [Not sure] how you’re going to figure that out with rats. And then you have to relocate them. That brings us to Virginia. Now, if you don’t relocate them about 25 miles away, according to experts, rodents will find their way back. Well, an easy way to solve that problem is to cross a river, and what’s on the other side of the river? Virginia.”

Sane governments do not come up with this crap.

VA AG Fears DC Law May Relocate Rat 'Families' to Virginia | CNSnews.com

Cuccinelli said D.C.'s new rat law--the Wildlife Protection Act of 2010 (Wildlife Protection Act of 2010.pdf) --is “crazier than fiction” because it requires that rats and other vermin not be killed but captured, preferably in families; no glue or snap traps can be utilized; the rodents must be relocated from where they are captured; and some of these animals may need to be transferred to a “wildlife rehabilitator” as part of their relocation process.

The law does not allow pest control professionals “to kill the dang rats,” Cuccinelli told CNSNews.com. “They have to capture them--then capture them in families. [Not sure] how you’re going to figure that out with rats. And then you have to relocate them. That brings us to Virginia. Now, if you don’t relocate them about 25 miles away, according to experts, rodents will find their way back. Well, an easy way to solve that problem is to cross a river, and what’s on the other side of the river? Virginia.”

It would be a lot easier to drive to Virginia and buy some rat poison and lethal rat traps.

It woudn't matter since USING these methods in DC are illegal.

Unless the people living in DC want to have the environmental joy of the Black Death, about all they can do is get cats. The people in Virginia should be getting cats.

Unless the people living in DC want to have the environmental joy of the Black Death, about all they can do is get cats. The people in Virginia should be getting cats.

How many rats are we really talking about, since common house mice and the most common species of "vermin" rats are excepted? The VA AG seems to be fear-mongering here. The article is funny in that it also seems to have a problem with squirrels!!! All I can say is "consider the source".

How many rats are we really talking about, since common house mice and the most common species of "vermin" rats are excepted? The VA AG seems to be fear-mongering here. The article is funny in that it also seems to have a problem with squirrels!!! All I can say is "consider the source".

The "source" was the OWS site that attracted the rats and gave them a large food supply. When your home has rats, I assure you, you WILL NOT start examining them to make sure they are "approved".

Get cats. So far, there are no laws preventing cats from killing rats. What's wonderful about cats is that, like mankind, cats kill for sport. It doesn't matter whether or not they are well fed. They just keep lopping down the rats for fun.

The "source" was the OWS site that attracted the rats and gave them a large food supply. When your home has rats, I assure you, you WILL NOT start examining them to make sure they are "approved".

Get cats. So far, there are no laws preventing cats from killing rats. What's wonderful about cats is that, like mankind, cats kill for sport. It doesn't matter whether or not they are well fed. They just keep lopping down the rats for fun.

Not many cats will go after a full grown rat. Better to get a ferret.

As for the "source", I'm talking CNS. They'll put a slant on anything that doesn't fit their bias. It's like everything they say about MSNBC, except with CNS it's TRUE. :cool:

It depends! There are places in NYC and Chicago where the rats are as big as dogs! Mostly though it's just rat sized rats. I used to live near a river and the cats would go down all the time to kill rats. They would put the bloody rat corpses on the stairs, then sit at the bottom and wait for me to come down in the morning. They got a big kick out me cursing and finding something to pick up the rat body with.

This will last until the first welfare queen complains that a rat ate her baby.

Dogs are much more efective rat killers than cats.

No they aren't. Not all dogs will kill a rat. A Rottweiler for all his ferociousness won't kill a rat. A "ratter" will. A rat terrier (obviously) a chihuahua, they will. Dogs won't kill if they aren't hungry at all.

Cats, like human beings are natural predators that will kill for sport. Dogs won't. Dogs are not nocturnal and don't hunt at night, cats do. Cats have vibrassae (whiskers) that let them go into very small spaces in total darkness. The common, ordinary, housecat is a far more effective killer than a lion who will hunt only when it's hungry. The only advantage that dogs have that cats do not is the instinct to pack. Cats are lone predators, dogs hunt in packs. A pack of Chihuahuas would eliminate the rat problem as would (too bad it's so cold) roadrunners.

I knew a man in Nevada that found a rattlesnake nest behind his garage. He put out bits of hamburger meat to attract the roadrunners. In two days, no more rattlesnakes.

No they aren't. Not all dogs will kill a rat. A Rottweiler for all his ferociousness won't kill a rat. A "ratter" will. A rat terrier (obviously) a chihuahua, they will. Dogs won't kill if they aren't hungry at all.

Cats, like human beings are natural predators that will kill for sport. Dogs won't. Dogs are not nocturnal and don't hunt at night, cats do. Cats have vibrassae (whiskers) that let them go into very small spaces in total darkness. The common, ordinary, housecat is a far more effective killer than a lion who will hunt only when it's hungry. The only advantage that dogs have that cats do not is the instinct to pack. Cats are lone predators, dogs hunt in packs. A pack of Chihuahuas would eliminate the rat problem as would (too bad it's so cold) roadrunners.

I knew a man in Nevada that found a rattlesnake nest behind his garage. He put out bits of hamburger meat to attract the roadrunners. In two days, no more rattlesnakes.

My dog, a beagle mix has killed many rats just for the sport of it. He pulls them out of their hiding place, swings them around to break their necks and then just sniffs it. He never has any intention to eat it.

In addition, dogs hunt in packs. You put a pack of rat-killing dogs like Jack Russells in a house infested with rats and they'll be mayhem and a lot of dead rats.

A cat, on the other hand, is a solitary hunter and can only take out one rat at a time and will hunt only if they're hungry.

My dog, a beagle mix has killed many rats just for the sport of it. He pulls them out of their hiding place, swings them around to break their necks and then just sniffs it. He never has any intention to eat it.

In addition, dogs hunt in packs. You put a pack of rat-killing dogs like Jack Russells in a house infested with rats and they'll be mayhem and a lot of dead rats.

A cat, on the other hand, is a solitary hunter and can only take out one rat at a time and will hunt only if they're hungry.

I have a cat and I wouldn't want to put it up in a fight against a rat, alot of these rats now are bigger than the cats anyways.

Cats..for the most part..have to be taught to kill. They don't come by it naturally. My cat was "playing" with a baby mouse for 2 days. I finally had to catch and release it. :lol:

I used to have a pet Rat, he would come when I called him, he is now buried in a special place

Cats hunt all the time. They don't need to be hungry, A pack of dogs would work just fine, except that dog packs in the city have their own dangers.

I had a friend from the interior of mexico where chihuahua's are wild dogs that a pack of chihuahuas can take down a cow in minutes. Like pirhannas.

Had the cat population of London not been decimated by ignorant and superstitious people, likely there would never have been a plague.

Rats make superb pets and are quite intelligent. They are also bred for it. Street rats are as street rat crazy as Ron Paul or obama.

Forum List

Back