Saudi negotiations

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Could trade deal between Israel and Saudi Arabia lead to diplomatic ties? America and Egypt are mediating island trade deal between Israel and Saudi. What do you think?

Why not? In the Middle East three main regional powers are emerging - Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iran. They need allies to strengthen their sphere of influence. Israel needs a major regional player to guarantee its security. Win-win solution.

Why not? In the Middle East three main regional powers are emerging - Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iran. They need allies to strengthen their sphere of influence. Israel needs a major regional player to guarantee its security. Win-win solution.
What island trade deal?

What island trade deal?
Have no idea. I can only guess that under this term is meant two isolated one from another nations, and trade between them can remind a trade with two islands.

Have no idea. I can only guess that under this term is meant two isolated one from another nations, and trade between them can remind a trade with two islands.
Israel mocked the Saudi peace initiative in 2003. What has changed?

Israel mocked the Saudi peace initiative in 2003. What has changed?
And they will do that again. What is changed is realization by the Saudis that they have to do something to confront their rivalries in the region. Otherwise, they will be backsided.

And they will do that again. What is changed is realization by the Saudis that they have to do something to confront their rivalries in the region. Otherwise, they will be backsided.

Turkey and Israel just aren't that important.

Turkey and Israel just aren't that important.
To the Saudis? I think that Turkey won't limit their ambitions only to Syria and Caucasus. Soon, they can emerge on the Saudis' backyard.

In 1967 we offered to return the Golan to Syria, Sinai to Egypt, west bank to Jordan for peace treaties. The Arab League shot it down when they stated the three nos in Khartoum. No peace with Israel. No recognition of Israel. Egypt and Jordan later signed peace treaties. Geopolitics changes.
As for a treaty with Saudi I do not know if the Crown Prince has the authority to do that without his fathers blessing. So I do not know if it will happen as long as the king is alive. I would love for it to happen.

Could trade deal between Israel and Saudi Arabia lead to diplomatic ties? America and Egypt are mediating island trade deal between Israel and Saudi. What do you think?

I don't see why not,.. of course, I don't know all that much about this either.

Forum List

Back