Saudi Blogger May Face Death Penalty For Apostasy

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
You really, really have to watch yourself in Saudi Arabia and zip your lips.

By RT

December 26, 2013

Saudi blogger and activist, Raif Badawi, currently serving his 7-year prison term for “insulting Islam”, may soon appear in a higher court on graver charges of apostasy. If found guilty, he could be sentenced to death.

Bringing Badawi back to court to face graver charges was recommended by a judge in Saudi Arabia, the activist’s wife, Ensaf Haidar, told CNN on Wednesday. The news has caused an uproar in social media.

Raif Badawi is the founder of the Free Saudi Liberals website, created in 2008 to discuss the role of religion in Saudi Arabia freely. Badawi’s persecution for what was described as “insulting Islam” started the same year the site was set up. The blogger then fled the country to escape arrest. He returned when the charges against him were dropped, but was eventually jailed in June 2012.

To continue reading, go to:

Saudi Blogger May Face Death Penalty For Apostasy Eurasia Review

By RT

December 26, 2013

Saudi blogger and activist, Raif Badawi, currently serving his 7-year prison term for “insulting Islam”, may soon appear in a higher court on graver charges of apostasy. If found guilty, he could be sentenced to death.

Bringing Badawi back to court to face graver charges was recommended by a judge in Saudi Arabia, the activist’s wife, Ensaf Haidar, told CNN on Wednesday. The news has caused an uproar in social media.

Raif Badawi is the founder of the Free Saudi Liberals website, created in 2008 to discuss the role of religion in Saudi Arabia freely. Badawi’s persecution for what was described as “insulting Islam” started the same year the site was set up. The blogger then fled the country to escape arrest. He returned when the charges against him were dropped, but was eventually jailed in June 2012.

Yet you support Muslim extremists in Palestine? Go figure.

By RT

December 26, 2013

My goodness, I think you have me confused with Mrs. Sherri. I don't support Muslim extremists anywhere in the world. Let's face it. Here in America, people are free to say anything they wish to. In Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries, you are not allowed to express your opinion if it goes against the ruling party or against the religion unless you want to be thrown into jail. In fact, in some it appears that even if your neighbor claims that you committed blasphemy against Islam, you are thrown in jail to rot.

Syrian born Wafa Sultan is right on top of the Islamic radical's hit list for telling the truth about Islam all over the world.

http://www.ibnjuferi.com/wp-content/uploads/wafa_bitch_sultan.jpg

By RT

December 26, 2013

My goodness, I think you have me confused with Mrs. Sherri. I don't support Muslim extremists anywhere in the world. Let's face it. Here in America, people are free to say anything they wish to. In Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries, you are not allowed to express your opinion if it goes against the ruling party or against the religion unless you want to be thrown into jail. In fact, in some it appears that even if your neighbor claims that you committed blasphemy against Islam, you are thrown in jail to rot.

By RT

December 26, 2013

I think you nailed the wrong person, Gunny.

By RT

December 26, 2013

But… but… but… there’s no compulsion in religion and freedom of expression, right?

Per a 2005 lecture by the estimable Saudi Cleric 'Abd Al-Qader Shiba Al-Hamad: Punishment for Homosexuality is Flogging, Stoning, Beheading, or Rolling Down a Mountain.

Yes, rolling down a mountain.

MEMRI: Saudi Cleric 'Abd Al-Qader Shiba Al-Hamad: Punishment for Homosexuality is Flogging, Stoning, Beheading, or Rolling Down a Mountain

So, anyway... yeah. There’s no compulsion in religion™.. Tell your friends.

By RT

December 26, 2013

But… but… but… there’s no compulsion in religion and freedom of expression, right?

Per a 2005 lecture by the estimable Saudi Cleric 'Abd Al-Qader Shiba Al-Hamad: Punishment for Homosexuality is Flogging, Stoning, Beheading, or Rolling Down a Mountain.

MEMRI: Saudi Cleric 'Abd Al-Qader Shiba Al-Hamad: Punishment for Homosexuality is Flogging, Stoning, Beheading, or Rolling Down a Mountain

Rolling down a mountain is fun-----I have dreams of rolling down mountains---flying
thru the air-----and weird dreams about simply being PROPELLED up and down steep
hills------ Long ago---as a child----I visited BRONX, New York ---lots ---including
going the BRONX ZOO-----I think my dreams have something to do with that very HILLY
city........ just how does one get ROLLED? in a barrel? ----then what happens?

Long ago----when amusement parks were really amusement parks----they included
a GIANT ROLLING BARREL ------that you had to get thru at some point in your
journey thru the FUN HOUSE. SAUDI ARABIA SOUNDS LIKE FUN----
ONE BIG FUN HOUSE------do they have magic mirrors too? -----there were
weird monsters in the fun house and sounds like SHRIEKS ----but I do not
think anyone was really being flogged----that would not be fun-----I was a
very sensitive child. They also had "mutilations" in the fun house-----
severed limbs complete with ketchup blood

By RT

December 26, 2013

Nope was another poster, sorry.

Nope was another poster, sorry.

that was nice.. on a bright note at least you didn't accuse her of being Hossfly! :eusa_angel: I think that one took the cake! - Jeri

By RT

December 26, 2013

Rolling down a mountain is fun-----I have dreams of rolling down mountains---flying
thru the air-----and weird dreams about simply being PROPELLED up and down steep
hills------ Long ago---as a child----I visited BRONX, New York ---lots ---including
going the BRONX ZOO-----I think my dreams have something to do with that very HILLY

I think there is a disconnect between reality and many Americans on the subject of Islam, Rosie. You do well with your analogies. I remember Oriana Fallaci in her book The Rage and the Pride talking about her journalism days in Iran. She walked into a house of horrors where they were sawing the limbs off of Christians. She walked right into it and her recollection was pretty amazing. Perhaps the idea is if no one believes it cannot happen here then that is enough.

I think there is a disconnect between reality and many Americans on the subject of Islam, Rosie. You do well with your analogies. I remember Oriana Fallaci in her book The Rage and the Pride talking about her journalism days in Iran. She walked into a house of horrors where they were sawing the limbs off of Christians. She walked right into it and her recollection was pretty amazing. Perhaps the idea is if no one believes it cannot happen here then that is enough.

Now I get it-----USA FUN HOUSES----are made to simulate HAJJ. I have to admit---
some of my dreams consist of material created in my mind by those FUN HOUSES
and ALICE IN WONDERLAND Jeremiah---guess who is the person on
this board REMINDS ME OF THE QUEEN OF HEARTS and guess who is the
MAD HATTER

Forum List

Back