Saudi Arabian Woman to be lashed for Unchaperoned Court Appearance

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by toomuchtime_, Mar 11, 2010.

1. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,990
    Feminist Wire Daily Newsbriefs: U.S. and Global News Coverage

2. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Too bad all the great members of this board who are so intelligent on so many aspects of the Middle East are completely silent on this thread. Maybe that just goes to show that members such as Mac69 and Kalem can only "cut and paste" and when confronted with facts they have no intelligent thought or common sense in which to add to a thread.

What is sad is Saudi Arabia is the biggest advocate of a Palestinian state for Arabs and this is part of what such a state will be.

Whats sad is this is what all Americans support through ignorance or indifference.

Saudi Arabia is pure Sunni, we got anybody on these boards calling themselves Sunni, Kalem comes to mind and whats the other one, Sunni/woman or is it Sunni man or something like that.

All those who have not posted a response here silently support the tyranny of Saudi Arabia, for those who stand silent in the face of tyranny are in fact silently supporting tyranny.

I made that up, its relevant and factual.

3. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    righto, we really like the way they keep their women in line.....

btw~ Is Hillary due to visit soon?

~S~

4. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,926
    Amen

Silence is approval and we should not allow something like this go without public outcry. There are woman's right groups throughout the region. Even in Afghanistan.

I have posted many times promoting women in the region. They included Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon and Jordan. These are some of my most recent.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...olutionaries-on-international-womens-day.html
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...men-in-charge-in-west-banks-key-district.html
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/106027-a-palestinian-woman.html
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/106203-another-palestinian-woman.html
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/99114-i-remained-silent.html

I don't think any country can reach its full potential without the strong, active participation of women.

5. JW Frogen

JW Frogen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Sorry, but I for one am sick of the Middle East.

If you did not have black goo we need, I would let you wallow in your self suicidial pain.

6. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    I understand this sentiment, it is trying to hear of the endless tyranny especially when it is the USA's foreign policy to appease every dictator.

I think Pres. Wilson was a bit naive especially in light of the culture in the Middle East

7. Marc39

Marc39 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Er, Palestinians already have a state: Jordan.

8. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Don't make me laugh. You, my delusional fellow, are the very embodiment of hubris.

9. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Bid'ah. Guardians are only required for periods of extended travel, and only then when the woman is traveling in a dangerous area. If her security isn't threatened, the words of the Messenger (SAWS) demonstrate that traveling great distances alone is permissible for a Muslim woman:

"The day is near when a young woman will travel from al-Hira (a city in Iraq) to the Sacred House with no husband accompanying her. She will fear none but Allah." - Sahih Bukhari​

This interpretation is in line with that of Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi. This aspect of the Saudi legal code is un-Islamic, as are many others.

10. Marc39

Marc39 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Islam subjugates women and Islamic law views women as domestic animals who may be beaten.

Saudi women are legally prohibited from driving cars.

Women comprise merely 5% of the workforce in Saudi Arabia, the lowest level in the world.

Many Saudi homes have separate entrances for men and women.

Until recently, Saudi women were porhibited from entering hotels without a guardian.

Nearly 30% of Saudi women are illiterate, an astonishing figure.