ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Saudi Arabia implements electronic tracking system for women

By Agence France-Presse
Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:54 EST

Saudi Arabia implements electronic tracking system for women | The Raw Story

RIYADH — Denied the right to travel without consent from their male guardians and banned from driving, women in Saudi Arabia are now monitored by an electronic system that tracks any cross-border movements.

Since last week, Saudi women’s male guardians began receiving text messages on their phones informing them when women under their custody leave the country, even if they are travelling together.

Manal al-Sherif, who became the symbol of a campaign launched last year urging Saudi women to defy a driving ban, began spreading the information on Twitter, after she was alerted by a couple.

The husband, who was travelling with his wife, received a text message from the immigration authorities informing him that his wife had left the international airport in Riyadh.

“The authorities are using technology to monitor women,” said columnist Badriya al-Bishr, who criticised the “state of slavery under which women are held” in the ultra-conservative kingdom.

This says a lot about how extreme islam is. Yet the left seems to be a'ok with it. :(

By Agence France-Presse

RIYADH — Denied the right to travel without consent from their male guardians and banned from driving, women in Saudi Arabia are now monitored by an electronic system that tracks any cross-border movements.

Since last week, Saudi women’s male guardians began receiving text messages on their phones informing them when women under their custody leave the country, even if they are travelling together.

Manal al-Sherif, who became the symbol of a campaign launched last year urging Saudi women to defy a driving ban, began spreading the information on Twitter, after she was alerted by a couple.

The husband, who was travelling with his wife, received a text message from the immigration authorities informing him that his wife had left the international airport in Riyadh.

“The authorities are using technology to monitor women,” said columnist Badriya al-Bishr, who criticised the “state of slavery under which women are held” in the ultra-conservative kingdom.

This says a lot about how extreme islam is. Yet the left seems to be a'ok with it. :(

Are you fucking retarded,how did the "left" ever come up in this conversation? Also it was the republicans and the bush family who are on a first name basis with the Saudi family, how is this thread even allow to stay up, the mods should do their job and erase threads like this.

The op is a racist" notice his profile pic" as well being academically challenged. I have noticed this about you for a while now.

Retards like you defend islam. You on the left have a double standard. It's really sad.

What a brain dead fool.

How do we on the left defend islam more than any other religion? As a fact the Obama administration is/has been hard on Islamic extremists. I would also like to point out our constitution protects religion, all of them and the freedom to practice them.

So your are calling islam "wrong" as in what? We need to destroy it? Your arguments are very very poor. Also they are un American. Let's just go back to nazi Germany, they believed as you do, just switch Jew for muslim.

I just got a private message from the op saying " I will put my math against yours anyday, boy" this shows two things. The first thing is it confirms he is a racist. Second when did math come into the conversation so far? It didnt, which leads me to think he is slow, yay glen beck, you trained this one strong.

Electronic tracking like dogs, genital mutilation and stoning to death of women who are suspected of infidelity in the modern mid-east countries that the USA supports and sometimes creates by force. What do we hear from the American left regarding women's rights? Waah, college co-eds run out of condoms before the end of the month and need to be resupplied with taxpayer funding.

How do we on the left defend islam more than any other religion? As a fact the Obama administration is/has been hard on Islamic extremists. I would also like to point out our constitution protects religion, all of them and the freedom to practice them.
Right. That's why the Obama Administration helped get them in power in the Middle East.

Yay! Mr Maddow you trained this one good!

By Agence France-Presse

God, I hope the right wingnuts in the US don't hear about this. They must have thought about it before.

what middle eastern country are you making reference too? I can assure you the us is not supporting dubi now anymore than they have. Also to the Mad guy, which countries are you referencing as well? Also the OP was not talking about the treatment of women on behalf of a tiny portion of the muslim population. This is trick of people like you fools, don't argue or don't see both sides, the Obama administration is NOT more supportive of backwards mulsim sects than the republicans of this decaide, or of the past, remember how under Regan the republicans supported osama bin laden? this post was racist and also not thought out well.

Electronic tracking like dogs, genital mutilation and stoning to death of women who are suspected of infidelity in the modern mid-east countries that the USA supports and sometimes creates by force. What do we hear from the American left regarding women's rights? Waah, college co-eds run out of condoms before the end of the month and need to be resupplied with taxpayer funding.[/QUOTE

what countries do you refer too? and when did this support start?

the righties on here cant stay away from racist shit, just look at the guys sig above me. They also can NOT make a real argument. Why should muslims be treated any different in the united states than any other religion?

By Agence France-Presse

but but but the democraps swear it's the Republicans who wage a war on women.. go figure.

the righties on here cant stay away from racist shit, just look at the guys sig above me. They also can NOT make a real argument. Why should muslims be treated any different in the united states than any other religion?

Barbarians have to be treated like Barbarians. it is what it is.

Barbarians have to be treated like Barbarians. it is what it is.

well, that is racist, one could look at christanity and call it brutal, no? same as pretty much any other religion, does this mean we should ban religion in the USA?

Forum List

Back