Saturday Day Trip

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Went to Helen, Georgia yesterday for my daughter's 8th birthday. Great time. If you live within a 2-3 hour drive, well worth it:

Helen, Georgia | Helen - White County Convention & Visitors Bureau

Helen is a re-creation of an alpine village complete with cobblestone alleys and old-world towers. We've got shopping, camping, both rustic and luxury mountain cabins, restaurants, bed and breakfast inns, mountains, theater, recreation, romantic getaways, beautiful scenery, family activities, waterfalls, museums, history, art, fishing, tubing, golf, and more. Something for every member of the family.

Festivals and special events include a hot air balloon race, Winefest, Volksmarch, Oktoberfest and Christmas parades, Fourth of July fireworks, and Bavarian Nights of Summer. From mid-September through October, Helen hosts the longest Oktoberfest in the South. Alpenfest offers entertainment during the Holiday season from Thanksgiving through December

Helen+georgia_picture_with_flowers_04.jpg

helen-georgia-feb-2008.jpg

Oktoberfest-Parade-2009-020.jpg

Oktoberfest-Parade-2009-065_0.jpg

Last edited:
Although they do have chocolatiers with their own shops (or is it shoppes?) there.

THAT was AWESOME, WICKED GOOD.

The best part is the authentic german restaurants. They make their own bread, mustards, cheeses, etc. Very very good.

Beer is good too. Although I did not drink any this time.

very neat...
Total Travel Estimate: 14 hours 3 minutes / 839.54 miles

Don't know if it would be worth THAT long of a trip, unless you're heading in a southerly direction already.

maybe en route to florida. lol.. but it looks beautiful.

very neat...

Don't know if it would be worth THAT long of a trip, unless you're heading in a southerly direction already.

Well, Jewish people aren't allowed to move to Florida until they are 70, so you have some time to wait.

Canadians are allowed in at 60.

However, if you are Jewish Canadian, the age limit lowers to 55. If you are a male Jewish Canadian with sandals and white socks, white belt and shorts, you have a free lifetime pass.

Well, Jewish people aren't allowed to move to Florida until they are 70, so you have some time to wait.

However, if you are Jewish Canadian, the age limit lowers to 55. If you are a male Jewish Canadian with sandals and white socks, white belt and shorts, you have a free lifetime pass.

if you're jewish from new york and don't go to florida by a certain age, they send a golf car to come and get you. :)

(with thanks to jerry seinfeld)

if you're jewish from new york and don't go to florida by a certain age, they send a golf car to come and get you. :)

(with thanks to jerry seinfeld)

THATS the joke I was looking for. I was kinda winging it and made up my own, :thup:

Kitchy. Cool.

The best part is the authentic german restaurants. They make their own bread, mustards, cheeses, etc. Very very good.

Beer is good too. Although I did not drink any this time.

Glad you brought that up! Food is oh so important! Old world and country food are cuisine for me. My wife and kids have no idea why I go so crazy over a bowl of green beans made country style! :lol:

Forum List

Back