Off to the Beach!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
boy oh boy, have we had a beautiful summer up here in Maine!

today it is going to be in the high 80's/lower 90's, near the water in the high 70's or lower 80's....and this is the end of August which normally would be showing the signs of Fall already! Just incredibly warm weather, for the Downeast region of Maine for this time of year!

Plus the nights have been cool, in the 50's, so we have been able to turn off the air conditioning and opening up the windows at night!

I think Matt and I picked the right state to move to, if global warming continues! :D

Making a picnic, and a jug of Madras Cocktails, then heading to the Beach....hope to see some seals hanging out on the rocks like this one:

P5244125.JPG

P5244139.JPG

Hope you all, have a great day as well!

Care

If global warming continues, not only have you chosen the wrong state, you've chosen the wrong planet.

But like you, I moved north (about 25 years ago) because I assumed that the climate was getting warmer, and because I saw this society going to hell in a handbasket.

Well that and I reckoned that NYC was going to be targeted for destruction and I didn't want to be anywhere near that place (read within 200 miles) when it happened.

So far, every reason I choose to move North seems to have been well reasoned.

But golly, I do miss the benefits of urban life, sometimes, too, don't you?

Sure there's the crime and the filth, there's the parking and the constant stuggle not to become victimed by either the cops or the criminals, but try finding a decent bagel or resturant in this State.

Nice place Maine, but it's a tad too whitebread, too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back