SAS Airfield Raid 1942.

Deadstick

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2023
Lancashire England
This was one of many such Raids by the SAS and long range desert group, i worked with the Grand daughter of one of these men and had the privilege of knowing him quite well over the years, fascinating character.

Thanks....Don always delivers!

I love this pic.....It just screams "fuck around and find out". ;)

SAS-jeeps-N.-Africa.jpg

This was another great WW2 operation the assault on the Merville Battery in Normandy at about 4am in the morning of the 7th June other British Glider troops had already taken the Pegasus Bridge over the Caen canal
Thanks....Don always delivers!

I love this pic.....It just screams "fuck around and find out". ;)

SAS-jeeps-N.-Africa.jpg
Another great WW2 operation was the assault on the Merville Battery in Normandy on D-DAY by British airborn forces at about 4am on the 7th June, the 6th airborn had taken the Bridges over the Caen Canal and River Orne a few hours before at just after midnight by Horsa Glider troops, i have visited these places about three times and will again in June for the 80th probably my final trip, on paper the Merville operation should never have been possible with half the attacking force missing.

British "Special Air Service". An awkward term for what? Brits who didn't get run out of Europe at Dunkirk or Brits who didn't surrender at Singapore?

Forum List

Back