Sarah Palin a huge hit at the Daytona 500.

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
This is where you will find your 'Common Sense Conservative' voters at these types of events. She was smart to go there and kick off the NASCAR racing season. NASCAR fans went wild over her as 120,000 people gave Palin a great reception as she spoke for 25 minutes without a teleprompter about freedom and patriotism. I wonder how Obama would have been greeted by these fans if he would have attended?

Drivers, fans cheer Palin on Daytona 500 visit:
‘This is awesome. It's all-Americana event. Good, patriotic, wonderful’

The Associated Press: Palin plays politician around Daytona 500

Citizen Palin 4 President: (10 Photos) Sarah Palin At Daytona: 'This Is Awesome. It's An All-Americana Event'

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Sarah Palin took a break from the snow and played politician on stock car racing's biggest stage.

Pretty important place on the political landscape, too.

The former vice presidential candidate and Alaska governor sped around Daytona International Speedway on Sunday, shaking hands and taking photos with drivers and fans alike before what she called the "all-Americana event."

Palin said she was "having fun and not thinking about the politics of this," but didn't miss the chance to energize her base in one of the most critical regions of the largest swing state.

"This is awesome," she said. "It's all-Americana event. Good, patriotic, wonderful event that's bringing a whole lot of people together. I think this is good for our country."

Sporting a black coat, blue jeans and heels — no hand notes — the self-described "hockey mom" got the full experience in her first visit to the Daytona 500.

She sat through the pre-race driver meeting, muscled her way through pit road, took to the stage on the infield and wished drivers a safe race. She drew roars from throngs of racing fans, many shouting "We love you, Sarah!"

--snip--

Even some of the biggest names in NASCAR and entertainment couldn't resist her.

Seven-time Daytona 500 winner Richard Petty posed for a photo, singers Tim McGraw and Harry Connick Jr. greeted her, and everybody from Army members and Marines to autograph-seeking fans and kids in wheelchairs got hugs and handshakes.

Crew members on pit road even took a break from changing tires, some stunned to see Palin walking through their familiar domain before the race.

"If you run (for president) in 2012, you've got my vote," one told Palin, shaking her hand.(continued)

One Question:

When Major Tom et al post these Sarah Palin threads, why doesn't Crude Frank come in with his Zombies and his PDS comments like he does in all the other SP threads?

If talking about Nascar and Sarah in the same breath is not PDS, what is? :confused:

One Question:

When Major Tom et al post these Sarah Palin threads, why doesn't Crude Frank come in with his Zombies and his PDS comments like he does in all the other SP threads?

If talking about Nascar and Sarah in the same breath is not PDS, what is? :confused:

Frank doesn't attack those of his own kind. :eusa_shhh: :lol:

NASCAR is stupid, boring, and not a sport. If I wanted to watch a car go in 500 circles it would be in montage mode, where it only lasts 2 minutes.

palins job is to look like such a cook that she will gaurantee obamas re-election...

so go ahead and support her you silly republicans.

Such a romantic Valentines for this family. Wife is in Florida, Hubby in Alaska.

I don't like NASCAR either.

</snark>

She really does play a crowd like Isaac Stern plays a Stradivarius. In one way, it is kind of scary, on the other hand, I am usually part of the crowd she plays too, and I am tired of my world being kicked around. So I like to see it stomp like this.

Forum List

Back